Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 22-07-2012, 12:26 PM
purplesoul

Healing Touch vs. Reiki

I think I am posting this in the write place. If not, I apologize. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience with Healing Touch and how it is different to Reiki?

I was on vacation and met up with an old friend who was getting certified in Healing Touch. She said that it's similar to Reiki but different. Unfortunately, our conversation was interrupted and I never got back to asking her about it again.

Does anyone know anything about Healing Touch? And if it's better than Reiki?

I am very interested in healing and had a reiki treatment last year that was wonderful. I am very drawn to healing but just don't know which direction to go in.

Many thanks for your comments.
Old 22-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Yamah

I'm not familiar with the Healing Touch system, but I can tell you that there are many many systems out there for Energy Healing. It doesn't really matter which one you learn as they are all basically introductions to a specific kind of energy work. More important than the system you follow is opening up your energy channels and your intuition.

The paint brush and crayons are both different tools, but the soul of an artist cannot be taught.
Old 17-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Knower
I have a friend who is a Reiki Master and also a friend who does healing touch. It is my understanding that in the use of Reiki, the healer instinctively knows where to place their hands and whether or not to apply touch (and how much) to the body. In healing touch, the healer is taught where to put their hands and work more systematically.
Both are excellent and if the healer has a true gift, fantastically effective. :o)
Old 01-10-2012, 01:10 AM
NIRVANA

Healing touch,reiki,holy spirit,are all the same energy just different names.

Bit like water in a cup or bottle,or jug does not really matter which container water is in its still water. The containers regarding spiritual energy are religions and belief systems.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Healing touch,reiki,holy spirit,are all the same energy just different names.

Bit like water in a cup or bottle,or jug does not really matter which container water is in its still water. The containers regarding spiritual energy are religions and belief systems.

I am trying to learn how to use the energy without the containers...any reccomendations?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Yamah

If you are just starting out then it really doesn't matter where you start. The most important first step is getting a sense of energy, be it through Reiki or Healing Touch or whatever. Following that, forge your own path... troll these forums... get guidance where you can but ultimately your growth and awareness training will be up to you, unless you can find a teacher in your area willing to teach you in an uncontained manner (which I was fortunate enough to find for myself).
Old 12-11-2012, 02:35 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
If you are just starting out then it really doesn't matter where you start. The most important first step is getting a sense of energy, be it through Reiki or Healing Touch or whatever. Following that, forge your own path... troll these forums... get guidance where you can but ultimately your growth and awareness training will be up to you, unless you can find a teacher in your area willing to teach you in an uncontained manner (which I was fortunate enough to find for myself).

I am flowing energy, just started to recently. It's quite intense and I am trolling for info but mostly I am playing with it intuitively, seeing where it goes. I'd be interested in any help you might have, but perhaps we should start a separate thread or you can pm me if you wish. Thanks for any help you can give.