Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Experiencer
Two sided post...

#1 Have you ever felt you settled in a relationship, not even sure why? And the realization comes later, 4 years in? I'm feeling that way. I've never felt this way before. I've never broken up with anyone and I've been in some truly bad relationships, yet even then I didn't feel I settled. I dunno. Just curious to hear others opinions on this...

Then #2 kinda complete other spectrum, my 12 yr. old daughter came to me the other day and told me she is attracted to girls. Now mind you she's never kissed a boy or a girl. She says she thinks boys are cute too, just feels kinda stronger attraction to girls and has felt this way for like 2 years. At 12 she is way more self-aware, etc. I am a very open, accepting person and I have no problem with this, but it is still something I'm processing and i guess that's what surprises me. Maybe it's one of those never know how you'll feel till it happens to you? Are there any other parents out there who've experienced this or something similar? Wasn't sure of a board to put this on...
Old 10-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrdanzr
#1 Have you ever felt you settled in a relationship, not even sure why? And the realization comes later, 4 years in? I'm feeling that way. I've never felt this way before. I've never broken up with anyone and I've been in some truly bad relationships, yet even then I didn't feel I settled. I dunno. Just curious to hear others opinions on this...

Then #2 kinda complete other spectrum, my 12 yr. old daughter came to me the other day and told me she is attracted to girls. Now mind you she's never kissed a boy or a girl. She says she thinks boys are cute too, just feels kinda stronger attraction to girls and has felt this way for like 2 years. At 12 she is way more self-aware, etc. I am a very open, accepting person and I have no problem with this, but it is still something I'm processing and i guess that's what surprises me. Maybe it's one of those never know how you'll feel till it happens to you? Are there any other parents out there who've experienced this or something similar? Wasn't sure of a board to put this on...

I have twin 14 yr old girls. one interested in boys and one i think may not be. Either way i wont be affected. I just encourage my kids to do what makes them happy and i also try to let them be them and not direct them how i want them to be.

As far as the relationship. I've been in the same situation 9 yrs in with the mother of my kids. Somethings aren't meant to be no matter how hard you try to make them work. We discussed this and eventually went our own ways in that sense. we both agreed that us splitting up although not the best for the kids made us happier parents to them while separated.

Last edited by Badcopyinc : 10-07-2017 at 04:26 PM.