Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2006, 10:53 AM
DASA

Three types of Karma

The recent blasts in Mumbai killed hundreds of people in a matter of minutes. The suffering and loss of loved ones will remain etched in our memories forever. Why were so many innocent killed?

We have often seen the most kind, pious and generous people suffering from diseases and leading miserable lives. Why is that so?

The greatest disasters in human history - earthquakes, famines, diseases, terrorism - pose many questions. If God is good how could he possibly co-exist and do nothing about the evil and apparent injustices of this mortal world? This question encapsulates many people
Old 14-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Enlightener

[quote=DASA]The recent blasts in Mumbai killed hundreds of people in a matter of minutes. The suffering and loss of loved ones will remain etched in our memories forever. Why were so many innocent killed?

We have often seen the most kind, pious and generous people suffering from diseases and leading miserable lives. Why is that so?

The greatest disasters in human history - earthquakes, famines, diseases, terrorism - pose many questions. If God is good how could he possibly co-exist and do nothing about the evil and apparent injustices of this mortal world? This question encapsulates many people
Old 14-08-2006, 12:51 PM
kundalini

I'm with Enlightener on this one. I do not want to knock anyone's beliefs but the problem with religion is that it is simply just too narrow-minded. 90% of wars in the history of mankind have been down to religion and there are even some religions who try to hurt and kill those people who say they do not believe in that religion. How is that loving?

It is true that there is a lot to be learnt by religion and it no doubt serves as a path to spirituality but thinking deeper here, every path is a path to spirituality.

Like I said, many religions are just simply too narrow-minded. God is everywhere and everything therefore God is open-minded.

I do have a question to ask of you though DASA. Why is it that every thread you start, you post an article on your religion ( so you're not actually communicating with us )? I am not personally attacking you but your posts appear to be trying to convert people to your religion? Is this because your religion asks this of you?

I find it puzzling because I myself cannot seem to communicate with you therefore your posts are not really discussions but advertisements. Can you see how it appears to other members of this forum? Like I said, I am not attacking you or your religion but I would like some answers to these questions as good communication breaks down these barriers of silence and miscommunication.

Last edited by kundalini : 14-08-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 14-08-2006, 01:59 PM
tiltjlp

The problem I have with any religion-based belief system is that they restrict a person's options to look for their personal truth. Spirituality frees you from the constraints of doctrine, allowing you to think for yourself, based on what your soul's experiences are.

Yes, Karma is part of the overall picture, BUT only part of the picture, just like Free Will is part of the overall picture. If we know stealing is wrong, but using our free will, chose to steal, that will impact our life negatively. But not because of any laws of Karma, rather because doing what we know is wrong puts our Life Energy off balance. We start looking over our shoulder, hoping we won't be caught, but knowing the odds are that we will.

So yes, bad behavior often has bad consequences, but not because of some Cosmic ledger book being kept in heaven, but because human life is based on actions and reactions. Of course, this is merely my opinion.

John
Old 14-08-2006, 07:32 PM
dreamer

Hi Dasa, nice to have you back i have missed you.

Originally Posted by DASA
Lord Krishna concludes in Bhagavad Gita “Abandon all varieties of religions and surrender unto me, I shall relieve you from all sinful reactions, do not fear.” This is akarma, a universal principle. Surrendering to God means surrendering to His will out of love and affection.

Lord krishna is not seeing "himself" as a religion Lord Krishna when surrenedered to with love and affection is love and affection without any name. See it as a mirror, smile in your heart and the reflection from the outside world will smile back at you, be confused in your heart and you will get confusion reflected back etc etc. Its amazing how accurate this is.

The universe operates through attraction, you attract what you believe yourself to be, think and feel a certain way and the universe will supply you with experiences to support your thinking. Be love and you will be brought experiences that support you in love, surrender to the universe with love in your heart and you will be given heaven.
Old 14-08-2006, 08:21 PM
kundalini

[quote=dreamer]Hi Dasa, nice to have you back i have missed you.

Lord Krishna concludes in Bhagavad Gita
Old 14-08-2006, 08:30 PM
lumas

what ever religion you follow or have faith in they all lead to the same sort of belief that there is a higher being or force. but some have been twisted and thier writings reworded to such a degree that they believe that even if they kill and it is done in gods name they will earn the right to sit alongside him,her,it.and if there is a disaster in the world it is because their god is displeased. and we are to suffer for our actions.

What god would create such a world in which it watched all that it created suffer in pain and misery let me tell you this it wouldn't. it pains god to see us destroying our world, it pains god to see us kill, and it pains god to see us suffer but he will not intervene he gave us have free will to remember who we are and where we came from so that we can find our way back to the whole from where we came because we are all a part of god we are all one if we hurt another we hurt ourselves...
Old 14-08-2006, 10:38 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hi Dasa, nice to have you back i have missed you.

Lord Krishna concludes in Bhagavad Gita “Abandon all varieties of religions and surrender unto me, I shall relieve you from all sinful reactions, do not fear.” This is akarma, a universal principle. Surrendering to God means surrendering to His will out of love and affection.

Lord krishna is not seeing "himself" as a religion Lord Krishna when surrenedered to with love and affection is love and affection without any name. See it as a mirror, smile in your heart and the reflection from the outside world will smile back at you, be confused in your heart and you will get confusion reflected back etc etc. Its amazing how accurate this is.

The universe operates through attraction, you attract what you believe yourself to be, think and feel a certain way and the universe will supply you with experiences to support your thinking. Be love and you will be brought experiences that support you in love, surrender to the universe with love in your heart and you will be given heaven.

The problem isn't with Lord krishna not seeing "himself" as a religion, but rather that many people do see him as the head of a religion. And in many ways, I feel that any belief system based on the teachings/theory of one person/group is in fact a religion, no matter if they call their belief system religion or not. Religion narrows your focus. At least for me, spirituality has broadened my focus.

John
Old 15-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Pounamu

Hi Folks...

I believe there are other ways to "look at" (and analyse) karma:

(1) Karma that is your own, made during this present life;
(2) Karma that was made by your lineage ancestors, for which you are now responsible to attempt to satisfy it, as you are the extension into present time of your lineage ancestors;
(3) Karma that was put on you by someone else who was trying to escape from experiencing it and thrust it into your auric field;
(4) Karma that is a collective human responsibility to satisfy.

All of these different classifications can intermingle, which makes the study of some karmic circumstances quite complicated. However, as it is reported that Jesus the Christ said, "Not one jot nor tittle shall pass from the Law till all is fulfilled". That simply states that karma is like an energy - I understand it to be a state of energy imbalance - and energy cannot just disappear, it has to be transformed if one finds it uncomfortable. It is a way of the Universe (or God, or First Source) ensuring that we as apprentice creators ourselves, understand the principles of responsible creation, in love and caring for all beings concerned.

Now because our individual lives are so short, we often cannot meet and deal with the just reaction to our actions in this life; so the records are passed on, I believe, as distortions somewhere in our DNA (and also in our Akashic Records). And because we are usually not conscious of our ancestors' lives before us, the coming to the surface of their karmic causes frequently takes us by surprise, as we may see no logical reason for the circumstance. One can only infer that there is a reason, and that it is a good and just one, aimed at teaching us and our lineages something which has not been understood in the past.

It is also true that until very recently, many humans had the (usually unconscious) habit of passing on karma like a "hot potato" to anyone they could find whose aura would accept it (and taking something else in exchange). I gather that this is coming to an end as True Spiritual Law becomes re-established once again on Earth; but it may still be that one has karma that is not strictly one's own to transmute, and there are ways of finding out this and dealing with it. Because if not recognised and properly dealt with, it can act in one's life.

There are techniques by which one can become aware of past karma that is coming up for examination, and by finding out what the lesson is about, forestall the brunt of it and release it, taking on board the lesson. Otherwise, until it is understood, the lesson is repeated down the generations, "till all is fulfilled".

Not all karma can be resolved at any particular point in time; karma that is designed to be met and dealt with at a future time when one is more evolved and able to do so, can be brought forward by the dark forces to act as a blockage to one's continued spiritual progress. However, if one detects such a circumstance, one can by intent and appeal to the Karmic Counsels, force such karma back into the future and its proper place.

Its a very interesting, valuable thing to know about, these ins and outs of karma, and can obviate much distress in one's life.
Hope this info is of help!

Pounamu
Old 15-08-2006, 12:26 PM
kundalini

Hi Pounamu,

You raise many interesting points which I agree with but the one I disagree with you is when you keep saying thart humans have the ability to 'push' their karma onto somebody else. This cannot be achieved. You cannot give someone karma in any kind of sense.

Karma is a NATURAL law of the universe and it is not one that can be abused in the way you have stated. The only way some Karma can be released quickly is through deep meditations ( usually spiritual guru's have been known to do this ).

Seriously though, if you truly believe that somebody can put some karma into your aura, then you have a very fearful belief system.
Closed Thread