Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Glenn

Question Is any of it real...?

Really hope this is the correct forum. If not, then I apologize sincerely.

I live over here in Europe (The Netherland), but I'm not Dutch. I'm an American.

Anywayz...There's a lot of thing's on tv in the states that don't get over here, and if it does, then it's very old and outdated. So...I've had no recourse than to find sources of entertainment from the states and download it and watch that way.

Anywayz (again)...having said the above, I recently downloaded the series Supernatural (all six seasons) and we find it incredibly good.

Now...this may seem like a really stupid and childish question, but is any of that content real? I mean about the spirits, angels, ghost, demons, etc? Sometimes after we watch an episode, I'll google,for example, the name of an angel, or a demon, etc, and a mother load of info will show up backing up some of the content of the show.

I realize that I'm new here, but there's a lot of experts on a lot of topics on here and I've been learning as much as I can, but is it possible that the author(s) of this series know something that we don't know, or think that the majority of us don't know. I mean, mostly everything of the series seem incredibly researched and thought out. Or am I just into the series so much that my bedazzlement (actual word?) has gotten the better of me?

I would really like to read some of your thoughts on this. Is that the way angels, demons, spirits really act and would appear to us?

I would really like to hear other opinions and comments on this and any an all is most apprecaited. (I know that I'm probably going to get some flaming on this, just don't be too harsh).

TIA to all
Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 PM
nightowl

Hey Glenn,

Interesting question. There are some of us who have never seen the show so some examples of what you're inquiring about would be helpful, at least for me.

There are as many view on angels, demons, spirits and ghost as there are religions. So the views are probably just as varied, but interesting none the less.

nightowl
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Coming2

Hi there and welcome to SF!! Supernatural huh?? Gosh I love that show!! What I know about the show is that they take real evidence and fabricate it to the umptenth degree to sensationalize it for TV. They do use real demonic names and I have noticed some of their Angel heirarchy is correct but the writers have done the same thing you have and just googled it and come up with stories that tie in to current mythos. It is incredibly entertaining but not accurate in its presentation of truth. (although they have raised some interesting questions before)....If you want a really interesting show on Hauntings and Ghosts try "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel, "A Haunting", "The Haunted" on Animal Planet or "I Survived...Beyond and Back" on the BIO channel which talks about people who have died, gone to the afterlife and returned to tell about it. From my perspective these shows I mentioned have given the most accurate portrayal of "real life" hauntings.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Glenn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Hey Glenn,

Interesting question. There are some of us who have never seen the show so some examples of what you're inquiring about would be helpful, at least for me.

There are as many view on angels, demons, spirits and ghost as there are religions. So the views are probably just as varied, but interesting none the less.

nightowl
Hi nighttow...thnx for your reply.

It's hard to give an example on any specific episode, but for those who haven't seen the series, go to IMDB and you can read what it's all about, a synopsis on each and every episode and if anyone who hasn't seen the series would like to "acquire it", then pm me and I'll give you some info on how to get it (don't think I can post something like that on here as that would be considered as pirating).

If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do so as it's very interesting.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Glenn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
Hi there and welcome to SF!! Supernatural huh?? Gosh I love that show!! What I know about the show is that they take real evidence and fabricate it to the umptenth degree to sensationalize it for TV. They do use real demonic names and I have noticed some of their Angel heirarchy is correct but the writers have done the same thing you have and just googled it and come up with stories that tie in to current mythos. It is incredibly entertaining but not accurate in its presentation of truth. (although they have raised some interesting questions before)....If you want a really interesting show on Hauntings and Ghosts try "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel, "A Haunting", "The Haunted" on Animal Planet or "I Survived...Beyond and Back" on the BIO channel which talks about people who have died, gone to the afterlife and returned to tell about it. From my perspective these shows I mentioned have given the most accurate portrayal of "real life" hauntings.
Thnx "Coming2" for your reply. Very interesting and thnx also for the heads-up on some shows to watch along this line.

I know that most of the show is fantasy/fiction/etc, but I'm just curious to learn if that's how people's guide's/spirits/angel appear to you all? I mean, does an angel just "appear" out of nowhere like Cas does? And do you all sense a constant conflict between the good (angels/guides/etc) and evil (demons/Lucifer/etc) as portrayed in the show?

You're saying: "that they take real evidence..." implies that there is some sort of authenticity in all this portrayed in the show. It just seems too real to not be true.

For me, my mind boggles with all this.

Thnx again for your reply.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2

Coming2 is correct in that don't believe what you see on TV! Some of it is "Based on truth" but no... most of it is "Hollyweird!!" :)

My guides appear in my mind like a memory or dream. I've never seen a guide with my eyes (yet!). Angels I have seen with my eyes and it is a VERY rare occasion. Can be a little intimidating as well. :)
Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Glenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Can be a little intimidating as well. :)

That's what I'm getting at. While I'm not easily intimidated (been through and seen a hell of a lot while in the military), I can't imagine setting here and all of a sudden "something" (an angel/guide/spirit/demon/whatever) suddenly appearing. That would be a little weird! Not scary, as I don't scare very easily, but weird, none the less. Gotta really think about this.

Thnx for your reply. Much appreciated.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Medium_Laura

I've never seen one "POP" out of nothingness mind you. At first I thought Gabriel (the angel of death) was a real person until I realized that no human could be that luminous. He radiated love and tranquility. He had just come out of my grandmother's hospital room and was dressed like a doctor. He said to us "She'll be all right now". She had had several strokes and was in a coma. Upon entering her room, we found her deceased.

We tried to confirm who he was (my mother and I) with the nurses station, but there were no doctors on her floor and none scheduled to visit that wing. It's isn't always obvious at first that they are angels.

The 2nd time I saw AA Michael and he... was huge about 12 foot tall and standing in the door (kinda) of a house that had a lot of activity. He never spoke, he didn't have wings and was naked, but had no genitals. He was the most amazingly beautiful man I had ever seen. He stayed only an instant, smiled and dissolved.

:)
Old 04-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Experiencer
Hi Glenn! Welcome to the forum.

I haven't seen this show, but I'm sure you are correct that it is very thoroughly researched and probably based heavily in spiritualist and other religious material. It may very well also be the case that the writers have researched genuine spiritual experiences via mediums and so on, or even that they have had some spiritual experiences of their own. But it does sound as if there is a lot of fabrication built on top of this foundation as well.

It seems unusual in reality for people who are in contact with the spirit world to actually see spirits or angels physically, though some occasionally do. Most of us who are able to contact spirits and guides see them in our minds' eye rather than as if they were a physical person (and receive communication telepathically rather than via an audible voice). My guide does tell me that in the spirit world people appear and disappear at will so I suppose that for those who see them as physical beings here they might display that behaviour.

The "battle between good and evil" does not ring true at all, though. Certainly there are spirits out there with less than good intentions (just as there are humans with less than good intentions) but I find the idea of demonic leaders or armies of darkness very at odds with everything I know of the spirit world. The concept of war is human, not spirit; there can be no violence in the spirit world (because after all, nothing spirit can be harmed or killed; there is no physical body to damage), and nor is there anything to covet or conquer because everyone can create of spirit anything they wish. T
he attitude of guides and angels toward those spirits in a negative emotional space seems to be to simply offer love and wisdom until those spirits eventually learn enough to begin to move through to higher understanding and accept them.

Thank you for the interesting question.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Medium_Laura

You and I seem to follow the same thinking West :) <3 One kindred soul to the other oxo