Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Experiencer
Sacred Geometry

I know of the definition of this subject, though does anyone have any information on the topic? Such as the actual sacredness behind the specific geometric functions/symbols in life.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 PM
MadamStar

Sacred Geometry refers to the shapes that make up all of creation. The Platonic solids are the basic five shapes.. there were also more added later. The flower of life is the shape of existence in its entirety in that all possible shapes that manifest into reality fit within the flower of life. The flower of life is also the only shape that collapses upon itself (like a donut) in the way that the universe itself is shaped. Humans also fit the bill and that is what the Vitruvian man stands for--how our bodies are made from the same ratio and shape as the most basic created forms.

And, the fibanacci sequence, golden ratio and phi (seashell shape) are all expressions of sacred geometric sequence. Music itself was devised by the Greeks who understood how 'harmony' is a product of the golden ratio. So the planets themselves operate within 'spheres' of existence that satisfy the golden ratio--the perfect location, not too close and not too far away. If we got rid of one planet for example, the whole system would collapse.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know...
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Guide
Try this one: http://enlightenedawareness.wikifoun...acred+Geometry

I also recommend the movie "Thrive": http://www.thrivemovement.com/the_movie
Old 03-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamStar
Sacred Geometry refers to the shapes that make up all of creation. The Platonic solids are the basic five shapes.. there were also more added later. The flower of life is the shape of existence in its entirety in that all possible shapes that manifest into reality fit within the flower of life. The flower of life is also the only shape that collapses upon itself (like a donut) in the way that the universe itself is shaped. Humans also fit the bill and that is what the Vitruvian man stands for--how our bodies are made from the same ratio and shape as the most basic created forms.

And, the fibanacci sequence, golden ratio and phi (seashell shape) are all expressions of sacred geometric sequence. Music itself was devised by the Greeks who understood how 'harmony' is a product of the golden ratio. So the planets themselves operate within 'spheres' of existence that satisfy the golden ratio--the perfect location, not too close and not too far away. If we got rid of one planet for example, the whole system would collapse.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know...

Thank you for this info! I'm wondering if there is a deeper meaning to them as far as the mysticism surrounding the subject. I'm inquiring about it because I had a dream that may have been in relation to sacred geometry, consisting of shapes/colors/puzzles that reminded me of the same visuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil

Thanks for these links! I'll check them out now :)
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by couuurtp
Thank you for this info! I'm wondering if there is a deeper meaning to them as far as the mysticism surrounding the subject. I'm inquiring about it because I had a dream that may have been in relation to sacred geometry, consisting of shapes/colors/puzzles that reminded me of the same visuals.

I think so, too. I find it really odd that viruses are shaped like the icosahedron.. the shape that is more complex than what our bodies are made of. :) Seems all too strange.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Master

I don't actually know much about sacred geometry, but I do have an obsession with a particular area of spatial geometry that's in there somewhere , or will be . I'm sure some obsessive alien being somewhere else has stumbled onto this method of adding curvature
to the basic polyhedra ( by connecting the vertices with pairs of curved wires instead of straight lines) . I didn't even come up with the idea
first .
Old 04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamStar
I think so, too. I find it really odd that viruses are shaped like the icosahedron.. the shape that is more complex than what our bodies are made of. :) Seems all too strange.

Wow that is strange! I'd love to find out what all this stuff means If i ever get any type of info I'll be sure to note it here.

Dar- Those are beautiful! The possibilities are endless when it comes to creation
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Master

There's something really sacred about shapes - pyramids - they are as they are for a reason.

Then, there are the Nazca lines in Peru - they are really powerful and I just need to go there - finances permitting.

Think about the beauty of a triangle - there is something really incredible there with the maths involved - Pythagoras and all that.

I love the aspect of spatial geometry.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
There's something really sacred about shapes - pyramids - they are as they are for a reason.

Then, there are the Nazca lines in Peru - they are really powerful and I just need to go there - finances permitting.

Think about the beauty of a triangle - there is something really incredible there with the maths involved - Pythagoras and all that.

I love the aspect of spatial geometry.

I agree! They are fascinating to look at, imagine meditating or praying inside a building dedicated to sacred geometry, it would be immensely powerful.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by couuurtp
I agree! They are fascinating to look at, imagine meditating or praying inside a building dedicated to sacred geometry, it would be immensely powerful.

You reminded me of the four dimensional cube in Paris...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Arche

That would be a great place for meditation :) There are always heavy winds running through it.