Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Master
Common Sense

I think common sense and spirituality go hand in hand. Lots of people concentrate only on the spiritual part of their being, but especially when it comes to decisions they need to make, they don't factor in common sense.

Common sense not only makes decisions easier, but it compliments spirituality.

Examples are all over the place, for instance, what you need to do, and not what you want to do, according to your intuition, your life/spiritual path etc.

Thoughts?
Old 26-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Master

Hi ETJ,

Couldn't agree more.

Conventional wisdom is that spirituality is somehow antithetical to what is usually considered 'common sense', e.g. spirituality is an 'escape' from practical reality.

In fact, spirituality is inherently the most 'common sense' orientation to life, for one thing because it is the most comprehensive approach to it.

Conversely, common sense is best informed by spirituality as an organizing principle for the same reason.

Ultimately, in the physical, they both merge into what is usually called, 'wisdom'.

~ J
Old 26-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Master
Indeed except what is defined as common, in this regard, doesn't seem so common but it could be if we widened the sense of commonality to the extent that it draws on the essentiality of being human and sharing within ourselves the great and wide expanse of being human.

I like efficiency at the moment, or maybe that was last week, but it's not an idea of efficiency which is common but it's working out quite nicely.

Just the other day I pulled the chainsaw apart and as I did that my fingernails were still black from crawling around under a van that needed the cooling system fixed up because of leaks and then yesterday I finally started in on building a big chair around an old car fender but at the same time the garden is starting to swell and when I'd heaped up new dirt around the potatoes, which need even more now, I planted a whole bunch of sunflower seeds.

So many of the people I know as spiritual just seem mouthpieces for a way of being they don't actually live as they bump and jarr and react whilst the mouth spouts all the diatribes of peace... what? But it's not my problem, it really isn't, it's theirs and I just simply glide past it.

And I am collecting and storing firewood for even as the sun shines hotter each day and I sweat to acclimatise it will be cold again and those people near me who didn't or won't acclimatise will require rooms heated to sauna strength and I will come in from the cold and shed clothes as the wall of heat they require hits me... because cutting and collecting it even to bring into the house makes me warm enough.
Old 27-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Suspended

not a stubborn
but goes dor clashous hang em ups
on we really really do follow
in what is the real up news.
that is this common sense pick ups,
that a we step to.

Last edited by yeshee camar : 27-11-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 27-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperiencingTheJourney
I think common sense and spirituality go hand in hand. Lots of people concentrate only on the spiritual part of their being, but especially when it comes to decisions they need to make, they don't factor in common sense.
We don't exist solely in Spirit and personally I don't see the sense in trying to 'apply' only Spirituality to this existence. We live in a trinity not in a duality, a state of existence where there is the human, there is Spirituality and there is both - common sense will tell you that.
Old 27-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
We don't exist solely in Spirit and personally I don't see the sense in trying to 'apply' only Spirituality to this existence. We live in a trinity not in a duality, a state of existence where there is the human, there is Spirituality and there is both - common sense will tell you that.
Agreed. But be prepared for the spin "hey, being human is ALL spirituality, there is no human experience".
Old 27-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Master
Common sense saves time and heart ache and eases our path, whatever that path might be.
Old 27-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Master
I think the Buddhist take on things - the middle way - can't get any more common sense than that.

Old 27-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Suspended

common sense goes like time to spade our people - props from their tops.

hi, how are you.

howareyou-cool,-

Last edited by yeshee camar : 27-11-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 30-11-2015, 03:39 AM
Master
In my opinion, 'common sense' is just way overrated, because sense is hardly 'common'.

For example, I have spent the past month totally deprogramming my mind from all forms of social conditioning, expectation and upbringing. I have brainwashed myself fully now, so any logical replies from others make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Many on here want me to give up my Spirit Box because they see it as 'evil' or 'attracting bad energy' or 'opening portals' or 'not useful' or 'not needed to contact spirits' and/or a mixture of all these things.

My eyes have become totally blind to all this now and I just cannot see it anymore. I have such an emotional attachment/investment in my Spirit Box and my bias is so one-sided and personal the only thing that's going to stop me using it is either my death, or if they come and put me in a straight jacket and cart me away.

However, nobody will ever understand this...just like I can't understand what they mean now and even though they speak English (unlike the poster above me), they may as well be speaking Swahili because I just don't understand and I don't want to understand.

My 'not wanting to understand' has finally culminated in my 'not being able to understand' due to blind faith and belief.

They say 'how do you know you are talking to your guides and not demons?' I don't understand this question either.

"How do you know it's not the radio?' - nope, I still don't understand.

'How can I explain it to you?' - I'm sorry, but there's no way you can because I won't be able to understand you anyway, no matter how hard you try.

'You're crazy' - Yeah, probably, but what are you going to do about that?

There's nothing I have that a total frontal lobotomy will not fix - forget medication and/or therapy...that doesn't work.

Gone are the days when I used to have 'common sense'...as long as it's not hurting me or others or breaking the law, I get to do whatever I want and I don't care anymore if anybody else has a problem with that because it's their problem, not mine.

/rant