Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-11-2023, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Are there empirical studies to support this. From what i understand rich countries with better education systems have less population and poor countries with poor education systems have very high population though with poor quality . Any reference links / books quote may be helpful .
There are 8 billion humans.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:21 PM
Master

purpose of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex
do you have to have one purpose?

God wants us experience joy/excitement while living on this planet . Core part of joy is the limited freedom we have in leading our lives. With that limited freedom, one may or may not have one/many purposes in life . God simply facilitates everyone in the exercise of limited freedom and does not bother us to have singular purpose in life by force.

On the other hand if we are grow in life and accomplish a lot in life , singular purpose always helps and one should definitely have a greater purpose in life which is not to the detriment of others or cross-purpose of others.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:31 PM
Master

8 billions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Not sure how that answers my query . But I am ok if that satisfy your queries.

Between animal and humans food , sleep , fear and sex is common . On other hand , humans have more ability to think/express/write / analyse / organize / deduce/sythesize etc. Depending on what attributes we live by truly , our true nature (animal / human) etc is revealed.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Still a majority of people follow a system. And in fact all systems tell us our purpose and what to do. Teachers in all known systems talk about purpose that is within them. We don't even consider that even the systems we follow are a good source that identify purpose or what to do. Spiritually we lag behind consciously what is there. What is written there is at a different level. Here I am thinking about the words written down for us. A very simple one for instance is to love. Is that not a purpose identified? All spiritual texts identify purpose. In fact teachers teach it. I tend to agree with post 23 and then 24 and what we choose.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:23 PM
Master

the problem I initially had with a system, is that no system I saw was actually doing anything beyond helping a select few attain their own goals in life.... nothing was ever there for the masses at large unless you count what Jesus did.

so i became ok with that and later my problem became, when I follow a system I am 'locking myself in' to a set of learned behaviors. Which is fine for a long time you kinda need it, but eventually I started feeling like, as freeing as all these systems seemed, the reality is if I follow them in the way they want me to follow them, they each lock me into just a different limited cage than the one I was already in. So what is the point in going to a lot of effort just to switch from one cage to another?

So I became much more interested in the journey than the destination... but every system known to man is presented as a destination not a journey. Even though that isn't the intent of some of the systems that is how I saw people using them and I didn't want the same for myself.

now im like, one system has one purpose, another system has another purpose... but it is very much like advertising, where the advertisers often present a 'way being' or an 'interesting feeling' in relation to their product to get attention. One of the more obvious ones being ties to sexuality but it goes much deeper than that if you look...

but each traditional system (for example out of the east) advertises a certain purpose or feeling at odds with the other traditions...

so im like, why should I buy into the idea there is 'one' correct feeling that I should go after at the expense of all the other correct feelings that others are touting as well? What if thise whole thing about feelings/attitudes towards life/purposues for being in the way we've got it with all these competing sects is itself a red herring. What if there is something beyond all the teachings that even the teachers don't see because of reasons similar to the ones I mentioned at the outset of this? OR can't see because they each stick to their own tradition and won't learn as deeply about they other traditions?

and while we are on those lines, why do I have to accept the completeness of a teaching to get to what seems to me to be the core anyway... the feeling/attitude/purpose they are promoting? why do i have to give my life to them just to get something so basic as a feeling for myself? And why should I tie my own life up in knots making sure I do all the correct things so that I can achieve the correct feeling the correct way?

So personally I think a lot of what goes on even in the revered traditions is just silly.
Old 13-11-2023, 12:10 AM
I felt to comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
...And why should I tie my own life up in knots making sure I do all the correct things so that I can achieve the
correct feeling the correct way?

So personally I think a lot of what goes on even in the revered traditions is just silly.
You sure have given this a lot of thought.

If I may:
First, I have never in my life thought of one 'way' to be 'correct'. Just sayin'.

My Journey seems to have been ...hmmm this is nice...and now it isn't.
This is VERY cool...but I think there's more.
Oooo, 'this one seems to hit the spot' for decades....ah, but still there are deeper things to learn!
Let me incorporate this from the initial Path - this from that way...and so on...like adding spices
but that are not in any Cookbook...
SINCE we all are different with different tastes.

So, nothing rigid...a buffet to chose from.
There is, for me, one common denominator...being still - going within, in silence.
You can call it contemplation or meditation ..whatever you like...but certainly not ceremony or book reading ....or a temple needed to go to.
OR a priest of some sort needed ...maybe a teacher for some help, sure....just like you would
ask directions from a Guide getting off the Bus in Paris.
But you don't take the Guide or Guru with you...it's a solo Path.

My take ...and I must say ...so far so good!! No religion, set of Rules or method needed. ..no rigidity of correctness. or wrongness. Voila.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2023, 12:34 AM
Master

hi miss h

well i came from a very small box, where all i had to hang on to was thoughts about one thing or another. There was no thought of spirituality, I didn't believe in god, and i wasn't at all connected to my body or to life in general. Actually somewhat isolated from others as well. So I had to think through a lot of things that maybe it doesn't seem very ideal to be thinking about...

BTW i would still be in that box if i hadn't thought of a way to use some thoughts to devour other thoughts lol... it was a very bad place to be by the way...

i suppose one reason for this coming out now is I'm probably not the only one who has been or even is in those kind of thought-boxes... personally i see all the talk I'm doing right now as working through karma though. Just, it is my observation that in nature, food that is left lying around is always found useful by some animal, god never lets anything go to waste the way we do
Old 13-11-2023, 04:43 AM
Master

Ah Miss H. You’ve done it again. I was going to say something very similar but ya got in before me! LOL

Gotta agree wholeheartedly with those comments.
Old 13-11-2023, 06:34 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
God wants us experience joy/excitement

how about you do, you want to experience joy/excitement
you create your judgments, beliefs, truths, and can change them in an instance and is an awesome power to know

why experience with a filter like creating a life purpose just be one with all that is or just be

see for me when if you create a belief like"the world is perfect whole and complete as it is " it moves me in being present add some wounder glory and passion and i fall in to being unconditional love an awesome place to be

i can feel the energy flow though my body and out my hands and feet the best drug money cant by
the mind conversations change from drama to awesome stuff

but some thing will happen that changes my belief in a moment and its all gone and the awesome conversation in my head is full of drama but i know how to get back when i want

i am here on holiday and love this planet physically and spiritual and love coming here
every person is awesome but i may not choose to walk with some of them but i really love them and send love to all working from fear and control

it just such an awesome place no rules total freedom to be, to experience awesome ways of being
for me i just follow my ten commandments, and those urges your intuition and see the glory of all that is

love all in all they be
Old 13-11-2023, 09:13 AM
Master

purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex
for me i just follow my ten commandments, and those urges your intuition and see the glory of all that is
Ten commandments if understood thoroughly in spirit and practiced sincerely are a great way to lead a life .

I too try to lead life through similar life enriching code of conduct as described in our scriptures. It has improved life experience of myself and all around me on a easily sustainable levels.