Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-09-2023, 04:41 PM
Master

Nice one Molearner lol

UnseekingS……”habit patterns bind and confine”

One thing I just can’t do and that is routine! I have always purposely done something to break it so it DOESNT become routine.

Ide feel like a “dead man walking” if I had to stick to the same routine day in and day out.
Old 12-09-2023, 03:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Thinking too much about it can take me away from that connection.
I like this a lot. And people may think too much such as want wealth, power, pleasure, etc. Peace and balance are desires to us to at time that reflect what we wish often not knowing how to find it. It is about the things we think about. This has been my experience, if we're recounting experience. imo I agree with you now however I was not wrong before. We create. Remember others may not want what others want. I guess we have to be aware of what thinking means.
Old 12-11-2023, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
UnseekingS……”habit patterns bind and confine”
One thing I just can’t do and that is routine! I have always purposely done something to break it so it DOESNT become routine.
Ide feel like a “dead man walking” if I had to stick to the same routine day in and day out.
It is that `I` which won`t let you become disciplined that is the cause of all the problems in life. At some point, now or in another life, you will have to wrestle it into submission, best start now. You're stronger than you realise, you can do it.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
It is that `I` which won`t let you become disciplined that is the cause of all the problems in life. At some point, now or in another life, you will have to wrestle it into submission, best start now. You're stronger than you realise, you can do it.
i don't know, im mixed on that. Part of my own problem with such things is the perception that 'i' had to go to lengths to be disciplined like you say, but it was always in service to others and what always happened in return for all my efforts is I just got dissed and felt awful about what I was doing to myself anyway.

Besides, I honestly don't think it a good way to live, to force myself to be one specific thing now and forever. I would much rather stop and smell the roses.
Old 12-11-2023, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
What is discipline? A single pointed resolve perhaps, an unwavering focus, dedication, with eyes for no other?

The I as in i-dentity or ego wants mind-body to be gratified. So, it conjures a script, a desire, a need, to fixate our attention on mundane cravings. However, to exit the trance, in my view, we do not have to struggle or get disciplined because that too is an egoic activity, is it not? We discipline ourselves and then congratulate ourself on our accomplishment.

I’d advocate simply becoming watchful. Observe without identification, that’s all. Once we cease identifying or ascribing ownership over thought, the thoughts that arise and subside are external objects, abstract objects but yet, well, we just look at them in nonchalance. We feed them not, so they recede and then disappear. There is no application of effort, there is no doership. It’s like looking at the waves of the ocean, that’s all.

Our emptiness is in time filled with divine energy automatically. Then the currents carry us. We do nothing, which is logical too since there is no one here.
Old 12-11-2023, 02:26 PM
Master
IMO, paths that teach you total detachment and escape from this world are products of civilization, and therefore our imagination and not natural. I view it as examples of what Nietzsche considered decadence and a slave morality. These paths are often fundamentally human centric, placing human life above all other life as a crown of ''creation'' ((arrogance and decadence)) as some sort of badge of honour to embrace misery and ''escape'' from the world ((slave morality)).
Old 12-11-2023, 02:55 PM
Master

badge of honour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
These paths are often fundamentally human centric, human life above all other life as a crown of ''creation'' ((arrogance and decadence)) as some sort of badge of honour to embrace misery and ''escape'' from the world ((slave morality)).
Just curious to know how do you compare humans to animals in terms of overall privileges / accomplishments /developments vis a vis animal world.

All religions recognize being human is a privilege we have in this world /earth. So it simply exhorts humans to exercise greater responsibility to deserve these privileges. If one in human life does not like the burdens of human life like (studying in school , scoring grades , finding relationship / job /occupation sustaining relationship/job/occupation , meeting societal norms / obligations , paying taxes etc) and likes the animal life very much , God is very kind - He gives next birth in the animal species which one liked /suited very much in current life ) .For God everyone is equal . There is no arbitrary badge of honor . Responsibility commensurate privileges .It facilitates smoother transition to animal world / human world very easily.It's matter of reality.

Though there may wide majority believing spirituality to be an escape from from world but in reality its there to engage meaningfully and successfully with the world .
Science/reality /spirituality does not always follow majority and changes its standards / rules /axioms . Only thing that changes is the humans understanding of events and its co-relations .
Old 12-11-2023, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
If one in human life does not like the burdens of human life like (studying in school , scoring grades , finding relationship / job /occupation sustaining relationship/job/occupation , meeting societal norms / obligations , paying taxes etc) and likes the animal life very much , God is very kind - He gives next birth in the animal species which one liked /suited very much in current life )
All of what you said IS animal nature. It helps us survive and increases our chances to reproduce.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:15 PM
Master

reproduction chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
All of what you said IS animal nature. It helps us survive and increases our chances to reproduce.
Are there empirical studies to support this. From what i understand rich countries with better education systems have less population and poor countries with poor education systems have very high population though with poor quality . Any reference links / books quote may be helpful .
Old 12-11-2023, 03:53 PM
Experiencer
What is the purpose of my life?
do you have to have one?