Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Master
thanks 7L
Old 13-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
Hi folks,
I'm sitting with something that is driving me nuts.

4 years ago i received an akashic record reading, that said, i will go to a certain country, meet a certain someone, to sort out past life issues with, and live there for a while before returning to my own country.

Thing is, i have absolutely no desire or want to go there. I feel i want to create my own path using the "tools" that suit me best for my experience here.

Also, i have two dogs, who i absolutely adore and love forever. Taking them with me is not an option, if it turns out i must go. The thought of leaving them, and putting them up for adoption is absolutely terrifying to me, and as i don't want to entertain that thought at all. I want to love them until the end of their days or end of my life.

I've asked the universe about this, and quite a few times i get confirmation that me going to that country is a strong possibility mentioned in the reading, but other times it's mixed messages.

It seems it's a spiritual contract created before this incarnation, if this turns out to be true.

My question is, how much of this life do we create ? And how much of this life is determined by what was decided before this incarnation?

I don't know what to do. All i know is, i don't want to leave my dogs. I don't want my life to be determined by a reading i received.

Anybody have similar experiences or have any advice ?

Thanks

We have our free will in these matters. Unless there is an inexorable destiny then you don't have to obey these readings - and one has to be cautious about messages from god (the universe). How much is genuinely transacted and how much is imagination at play?

I doubt anyone can answer your question about what's decided (about our paths) before this incarnation. They can speculate but a definitive answer is impossible.

It seems people have varying creative skills in terms of how much of their life they create: the careers they choose, the ability to self-motivate; the vast number of choices made and how and what they research when choosing.

But there's a Self underlying all this, the origins of which relate to our individual beliefs on Creation and the emanations that followed - whether through successive incarnations or not. The circumstances of our birth and upbringing without doubt influence our direction, likewise our opportunities to learn - which in turn begs the question of "why me, in this particular situation." Most of us also are impelled to survive so we have to do things like work, which for many is life-frittering. Even so, we work, we accept social norms and conventions that constrict our choices.

so the various dimension are:
something led to us being here (whether past life or ancestry is discussable);
within the framework of our circumstance we have free will to make a range of choices (even as children);
we're individual with our experiences that could involve lots of feedback loops about how and what we learn) ("grow" is a popular term here);
the way we exercise free will depends on how we've evaluated and integrated our experiences...when faced with a choice;
the decisions (in making a choice) will be made on the information we have which may be incomplete or even false but we still have to make a decision. It may even be a guess or a throw of dice if all outcomes have equal value to us;
We can submit to the free will of others for or against our better judgement;
We can exercise free will in creative ways that can contradict our experiential judgements to satisfy deeply rooted unfulfilled urges, etc. the source of which may need exploration - or not.
- You could probably add to these.

(There are other dimensions, such as the commonality that seems to exist between humans at mystical level - postulated by those who have explored these realms.)

So I reckon we create a good part of our lives but a substantial part of the groundwork is done prior to and around us being here.

However, I admit not being a theosophist and find some of their factoids of dubious value. About Akashic records, my knowledge is too slight to comment except I'd need a lot more evidence to believe in their existence.

Just my views though.

Old 14-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Master
Thank you Lorelyen.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Knower

In regards to psychic readings and the like, I see them as being like a hand of possibilities, with each finger pointing in a different direction.

My advice would be to go with your gut.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Master
Thanks It Is :)
Old 20-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Hi folks,
I'm sitting with something that is driving me nuts.

4 years ago i received an akashic record reading, that said, i will go to a certain country, meet a certain someone, to sort out past life issues with, and live there for a while before returning to my own country.

Thing is, i have absolutely no desire or want to go there. I feel i want to create my own path using the "tools" that suit me best for my experience here.

Then don't go.

Why are you giving whoever gave you this "akashic record reading" so much authority? Why do you believe them, over your own heart's desires, and at your own expense?

When I was a teenager, I was a real handful. My mother, in desperation, took me to an extremely well-regarded psychic for a private reading. Mom had been part of a New Thought church for a while, and this woman came recommended by lots of people in the church who gave glowing testimonials of how she'd changed their lives and helped them on their path.

I don't recall most of what the psychic said, because not too far into the reading she told me that there were two souls out there, waiting to be born as my children, and that when I was about 24 or 25 I'd meet a red-haired man who would become my husband and the father of those children. She gave me a few specifics on how my husband and I would meet, and what my future daughter would be like.

And as she went into a rapturous description of my future as a mother, I knew she was a fraud, and that what she was saying had nothing whatsoever to do with me.

I was 16 or 17 at the time, and after hearing all about this woman I went into the reading with an open mind. In fact, I hoped she could help me, because while I had a few clear future goals I was steering by, I still felt lost at sea. But there were things I already knew about myself, and my purpose on earth in this incarnation, and I had known these things since I was a child.

One was that marriage was not going to be a priority, and if it happened at all it would not be until I was well into midlife (I'm 50, and it still hasn't happened, and IDGAF; life's been grand without it).

The other was that I would not have children. That was never even a question for me--I was never going to have children. Period. Full stop. End of story. As a woman, I was going to do lots of things with my life, and have all kinds of experiences, but motherhood would never be one of them.

A lot of who I was going to be and what I was going to do was still fuzzy, but those two things never were. Ever. They were part of my purpose here, and my soul made sure I got reminders as a child so I'd know it and not go off track later.

As for the psychic--maybe she was a knowing fraud, but I got the feeling she actually believed what she was saying. She obviously wasn't getting rich by giving readings; she and her disabled husband lived in a rundown little house in the country, surrounded by weeds and junked appliances. It was a cold, rainy day, and we sat in her old clunker of a car for the reading so we could smoke, instead of doing it in the house, because her husband had some sort of lung disease. She seemed like a nice lady, in a hardscrabble way; I liked her.

And I couldn't even get mad when she started telling me scenes from a life that I already knew wasn't mine. Because even as I sat there and half-listened to her rattle on, what I took from that reading was that nobody else could tell me about what my path was--only I could. Nobody had more authority when it came to my own soul's progress than I did.

If I wanted to know what my future was going to be like, I had to decide what it was going to be, and create it for myself.

And when given any sort of "guidance" from various readers, channelers, psychics, and mediums over the years, I have always been free to reject it if isn't in accordance with my soul's purpose. It makes no difference how skilled they allegedly are, or how authoritative their words seem to be.

I've never paid for such services, but throughout my 20s I was a magnet for unsolicited insights from people who claimed they knew what my future held, and every single blasted one of them was wrong. And that was fine--because each time I encountered one of those people, I had a chance to stop and reconnect with my own inner authority, rather than meekly accept others'.

Granted, not everybody's had that really strong reinforcement of what their soul's path is that I got in childhood. So how do you know if a path you're being told to take isn't actually yours? Simple. It doesn't feel like yours. When presented with it, it feels wrong. It puts your stomach in knots, or makes you feel tired, or you feel other forms of inner resistance.

That doesn't mean that your soul's path is always sunshine, roses, and glittery unicorn farts. There have been times in my life when I was faced with an unpleasant choice or undesirable circumstances, and yet I knew deep-down that going through whatever difficulties they posed was going to be worth it. It may not have felt great, but I had the sense that by bearing the burden for a little while, I'd be able to take something valuable from the experience. That's the soul talking.

So forget about this person who claims to have access to the Akashic Records, and what they claim you need to do to "clear karma" in this lifetime, or whatever other nonsense they're selling. I don't care how much you paid them, or what their reputation is; if what they said to do only brings you pain, torment, and feelings of resistance, then it's garbage.

So stay home and love those dogs for the rest of their lives. Experience that joy--that's what you're here for. If there's some "karmic debt" you need to clear up, then the opportunity will present itself--you don't have to be unwillingly dragged halfway across the world to do it at spiritual gunpoint.

We are all part of the infinite One. As souls, we're eternal beings. If our souls have unfinished business, they have, literally, ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to complete it; nothing is totally dependent upon finishing it in this fleeting incarnation. It'll get done eventually--which will still be an eyeblink in eternity.

Also, because we are all part of the infinite One, seeking out an individual soul embodied somewhere here on earth isn't necessary--if you're supposed to meet here you will, without having to force it. And any lessons or "unfinished business" can be carried out from where you are right now. If you committed injustices against others in another incarnation, you don't have to seek out individual souls who were your victims--you just have to stop committing injustices (and knowingly benefiting from injustices committed by others) right here, right now, in this lifetime.

What you do from where you are ripples outward, across time and space. Follow your soul's lead in this lifetime by doing what feels right, just, and true, with love, and it will ripple outward to balance whatever imbalance you may have created in an incarnation when you didn't know better. And not only is there no need to do violence against yourself, and create suffering for other beings who love you, in order to "fix" anything, but doing so just creates more pain and negativity that will need "fixing."
Old 22-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:

I didn't read any of the other replies, so this is just my take ...
With any type of reading, a sitter has opened themself up to information s/he does may not know how to interpret, it's very common ...
When this happens, it has the potential to evolve into almost an endless cycle of obsessive thinking & continous readings to learn how to cope by getting more answers, promote or change the initial reading to one's satisfaction ...

I file my readings under entertainment to make them easier to put aside, to not think about ...
Information from readings can be changed at any time through freewill by realigning direction & attitude, knowingly or unknowingly ...
Meaning you may not know you are doing groundwork leading you to visit another country ...
A shift in course can be happen whether or not by conscious decision/deliberate ...
The interest in going to another country could start to develop at any time in your life ...
From there, fruition may come in as little as a year to many years down the road ...
Its best to relax & continue to live your life by not allowing any reading to be a disruptive focal point ...
Old 28-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I'm learning the hard way that I cannot create my own spiritual path, no matter how much I want to, because it doesn't feature 'let go and let it happen'.

I'm learning that my path has been predestined and preordained for me and all I need to do to reach the end of it is to do absolutely nothing at all....but I have spent the past 10 years doing absolutely nothing...so what is the difference?

The minute I try and do something and exercise this 'free will' the Lord gave me, the Lord stops me...meaning that in my case, free will simply does not exist.

I also get many 'messages' to do this or that, but they mean nothing. How I live my life is always how I was meant to live it, with little to no involvement by myself. I have absolutely no say in my future or even in my present circumstance...my life is totally out of my hands.

I cannot...cannot 'be in control' of anything, because the very moment I say "I got this" something bad happens and an even more powerful voice says "no, you haven't, I HAVE" and all control that I thought I had becomes lost.

Therefore, I am spiritually helpless, like one of Pavlov's dogs. I've been spiritually conditioned by God not to expect anything better in my life and whenever I try to control my own spiritual progress, God punishes me for it...I mean, I should be happy with what I have, but I am not.

That's my problem though...not God's problem, not anybody elses problem...I have got everything I could hope for, yet I am still miserable because I cannot enjoy it - I can feel it, experience it, but I cannot enjoy it.
Perhaps , free-will is an illusion?

I personally felt like a puppet, shown images and sensations to read and work on self-esteem. So I get thr book and start reading it and work on it, and something shifts my attention from it as it no longer is necessary or a way to tell me that this might happen sometime in the future.

As you said in your post, if one is the the ultimate creator of their path, what's the higher self got to do with us on this planet and start throwing chicken wings here and there?