Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 10-10-2023, 05:31 AM
Master
The question is: Who can figure God out?

The question which seems to be on everyone's mind is "who or what is God?", which often gets translated into "who or what Am I?"

It seems that everybody has their own answer. I have heard so many different versions of reality....as many as there are people or Gods in the world. From Jesus to Krishna etc.

Physics is trying to figure God out, as is mathematics. It is the burning question on everybody's mind. No one seems to have answered that question completely yet.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:03 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The question which seems to be on everyone's mind is "who or what is God?", which often gets translated into "who or what Am I?"

I think the question and answer are inherent in the above quote.

We are God. Everything is God. I don't think there is a separate entity. I think the idea God is over there watching us over here is an illusion. I think everything in the cosmos is ultimately mind at large.

It seems humans are entirely blinded by themselves, despite being in their own bodies with their own minds. It seems paradoxical that the closer humans are to something, the less they know that thing. I think the ultimate expression of this idea is the continued search and questioning of God. Once a person ceases looking out, and looks within, they find the spark of divinity, and could quite reasonably conclude "I am God, you are God, we are all God".

I think searching outward is the common mistake: we search outward for God, when God is within. Likewise, we search for love from partners, when we might be better served finding love in our own hearts for ourselves. We seek positive judgement from others through titles, possessions, and actions, but it’s stronger and more substantial to judge oneself by peering into one’s heart, and finding the strength of one's own conviction. The point I make here is that looking outward is perhaps the misguided and foolish approach to life, when everything, including the universe, is within.

To answer the question, therefore, of who can figure God out? The answer is: God. And that's probably what God/we is/are doing, through the evolution of consciousness.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:50 PM
Pathfinder
I had a very weird and prolonged perception of God and the whole Universe being one thing. Matter, spirit, Tao and the rest of it. God being everything, much more than a mere god or entity. (I don't do drugs )

Scientifically, it is proven that we are stardust.

For Christians, Gospel of St. Thomas says exactly this.

"I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."
Old 10-10-2023, 03:51 PM
Master

Yep I have to agree with Bluto and why people think that God is a person in this day and age just astounds me.

A very old sage said, “ I am God and you are God and the only difference between you and me is that I know it and you don’t”.

For me personally, I believe that God is probably the absolute source and we are part of that source which we can tap into when we chose to put the time and effort into it. Of course that is not easy but I feel it can be done.

I’ll stick with that opinion until someone comes up with something that makes more sense than that or I experience personally something different.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:08 PM
My comment

Not on my mind, Honza ---careful please, using superlative words like everybody...and always.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:13 PM
Molearner

We can’t even figure out the one standing closest to us…or our ourselves. Why think we can figure out God ?
Old 10-10-2023, 06:51 PM
Pathfinder

Bluto
I don't think Popeye or Olive Oil would agree!Think manifest and if you have enough time explore the Internet.You want it God will show you!You've got to really want it though.Start with the Marian Apparitions historically. Www.DivinaMadre.org claims conversation with the Lord since 2013 .If you go to the far left of the page you'll see the word messages.If you detect you'll notice it actually expresses " messages -f the Eternal Father".Your opinion!There's about twelve of them!Think it's Him?.Notice I didn't fear mentioning the word "Him".Did you think He was and or is a sexist?Adonai is the Lord's Sponsor Father.You lucked out getting to even evaluate the messages!Oh one more thing.It's got to be extremely straight Forward!That isn't mean yet means something God and Trinity knows .The twisted age can't prevent you from receiving this information this twisted day because it is from a straight Forward source.You spout the collective conscience theorem and make God nearly impossibly aloof.He's there has been there yet claims He is much more into silence than any other previous generation.Start with the site I mentioned if your agenda has the time.Many don't know the far left messages containing the supposed "Messages of the eternal Father".The only thing I suggest that is promisory is that after you delve this information you never utilize ego and its indulgence while discussing this privileged information.Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!Absolutely Straight Forward!Gary V. Giardina!You didn't actually think I was bringing Popeye and Olive Oil into the realm of reality did you?Yikes!This sent before 1:51 P.M. October 10th.2023!Don't twist you demons ever!
Old 10-10-2023, 08:14 PM
Dude111

God is quite hard to figure out!!
Old 11-10-2023, 12:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Physics is trying to figure God out, as is mathematics. It is the burning question on everybody's mind. No one seems to have answered that question completely yet.

i think that is because, fundamentally, if you are actually finding god (rather than some pleasant experience you've dreamed up to make yourself feel better) you learn that you can't tell other people what you've found.

i think to whatever degree you find 'real truth' on this topic you get pushed away from other people when you try to talk about it. If you are successfully making traction socially by talking about what it entails you probably haven't gotten much of anywhere. In my view.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
look at it this way: god was forever moaning about how his people wouldn't just surrender to him and do as they were told. But they never did.

However, if you unilaterally decide that what a teacher has to offer isn't worth your time, it is not the teacher's fault when you don't learn the subject matter being offered and then boldly assume you've learned it anyway.

it is the same way with god, if you won't walk in some of the fields he has walked in, how can you learn anything real about what is in them?

All we've got is what other people who won't walk in them either want to say about the subject. And we each take such opinions from such 'experts' as our 'reality' instead of stopping to do our own homework.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
besides god probably doesn't want to be pinned down and made into an equation so that people can figure out how to get him to do things for them.

lol.
Old 11-10-2023, 12:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedium
I had a very weird and prolonged perception of God and the whole Universe being one thing. Matter, spirit, Tao and the rest of it. God being everything, much more than a mere god or entity. "
There is only One