Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2007, 03:51 PM
akbar

Faith Not Religions

I am a farmer from Punjab Pakistan. I shared all likings, dislikings and beliefs with the people around me. As I grew up things began to change. I have never been abroad and never discussed my faith openly with any one but only on net. I believe that the God of universe is the God od mankind; not of religions, communities or groups and that unlike religions faith in the God is neither a heritage nor an inheritance.
I want to discuss my faith with you people and would not mind any questioning, comments or criticism harsh or mild.

I am your friend also,

May not be of your skin,
May not be of your nation,
May not be of your language,
May not be of your standard,

Yet I can live as you live,
Yet I can sing as you sing,
Can love your art and ways of life,
The land you live in or any sight,

I can join you in sad and glad,
Can share your hopes and wear as you clad,
Can join you in prayers where you pray,
Though I shall say silently what I have to say,

The God I pray is your God also,
May be more yours than mine also,
The God of universe and mankind also,
I am your friend also.

I can join you to defend the just,
If you are to help weak or oppressed,
But if I happen to meet the others,
If they claim to behave as human brothers,
I may be very easily inspired also,
No restraint shall then I abide by also,
I shall embrace and say to them also,
I am your friend also.
Old 23-01-2007, 04:00 PM
ljepotica

Hello akhbar,

Welcome to this forum:)

That is a lovely poem.

I hope that you have a great time here and have a lot of interesting discussions.
Here you will many fascinating people to discuss with:)

Btw: my parents and most of my relatives are from Lahore and some of my relatives are also in Karachi.

I hope you a pleasant time here.

Take care,

S xxxx
Old 23-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Moonflower

Angel1 Hi

Greetings & salutations Akbar

You are very welcome to SF & what refreshing lovely words, yes we are all one I too am spiritual without the need for labels.

I am a complimentary therapist & a healer I hope we can learn something from one another

Love & Light Moonflower x
Old 23-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Blip

Nice to meet you Akbar.. I Look forward to your input.. The power of the internet is a truly wonderfull thing ...It has , and continues to, bring people closer together and generates more understanding and acceptance between peoples, then any Government or individual relgion ever has.. Although I am fairly new here also, Welcome to the Forum Friend.....
Old 23-01-2007, 04:10 PM
akbar

Thanks Ijepatica

I am thankful to you for welcoming me as I am an out law of religions. It is interesting that you have such deeper links in Pakistan. Much thanks again.
Old 23-01-2007, 04:21 PM
akbar

Thanks Moonflower and Blip

Friends I would be thankful to you if you point out any incontinuance, incoherance and inconformity in any of my posts.
As already said I would illustrate my faith which is not a religion or any religion.

Free thoughts Take you out of any religion and meditation takes you in spirtuality.
Old 23-01-2007, 04:41 PM
cweiters

Welcome

Hello Arkbar welcome to SF I feel oneness on this forum, hope you will feel it also

Love to all
cw
Old 23-01-2007, 05:08 PM
dreamer

Hey arkar,

i loved your poem and welcome. Did you know faith meant open mindedness 2000 years ago? The meaning has been somewhat changed in the intervening time.
Old 23-01-2007, 06:09 PM
ljepotica

There is no such thing as being an outlaw on this forum as you will see Akbar-I don't feel that you will offend anybody for you have made your intentions for joining this forum clear and I'm sure that all will welcome you-and we look forward to hearing from you more:)

Your idea on faith is brilliant and truly inspiring...

Take care,

S xxx
Old 23-01-2007, 10:20 PM
jammy

welcome akbar i hope you enjoy ur time here
Closed Thread