Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Some here have indicated that male/female duality is fundamental to life and the universe, but does that make a lot of sense?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehuEaLvA1B4 / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolut... reproduction. There's a gap of over 12 billion years.

The idea of male/female duality as fundamental to life and the the universe is not really to do with sexual reproduction. It is more related to the two great principles of creation, Purusha (Spirit) and Prakriti (Matter). Spirit is considered to be the masculine principle and Matter is considered to be the feminine principle. This is similar to Yang and Yin. Perhaps the terms masculine and feminine principles are unfortunate because people associate this with gender and physical attributes. These terms relate to the qualities of each principle which are reflected in the human being and other life forms.

Peace
Old 10-07-2020, 09:53 PM
Legrand

Same goes with Binah and Chokmah, different names for the same thing.

Regards
Old 10-07-2020, 10:10 PM
Knower

this is very interesting. and precisely why I came here. i've been doing energy healing and meditation for some time now. and every few years I experience an 'energetic expansion' or spiritual rise.
this time it's the highest jump in terms of a rise or expansion, and I'm mostly taught by intuition. (though I did graduate a few levels from Pranic and Reiki) most of my practice approach comes to me in form of intuition, more than what I've been taught.
anyhow... this journey out of the divine self... I understand the harmonizing of our duality, I've been aware some time now that our opposites need sit equally true together in us. I am my good and I am my evil, just as I am created and all that is created. my favorite understanding of this is water, which can turn and quench the earth or drown it...
but I still don't understand much of my experience... I need to read what everyone is up to here I think.... I feel I'll understand myself better...
thank you for sharing this... lets see what else...
Old 10-07-2020, 11:30 PM
Master
I guess you can become whatever you imagine. Making it as easy or difficult as you choose.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I guess you can become whatever you imagine. Making it as easy or difficult as you choose.

I agree. Amen
Old 11-07-2020, 04:16 AM
Master

equality and importance

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The idea of male/female duality as fundamental to life and the the universe is not really to do with sexual reproduction. It is more related to the two great principles of creation, Purusha (Spirit) and Prakriti (Matter). Spirit is considered to be the masculine principle and Matter is considered to be the feminine principle. This is similar to Yang and Yin. Perhaps the terms masculine and feminine principles are unfortunate because people associate this with gender and physical attributes. These terms relate to the qualities of each principle which are reflected in the human being and other life forms.

Peace
Very well said. People really confuse this with gender comparisons . And there is historical context to it . Historically males world over may have suppressed and enslaved females to the point of exploitation and physical persecution.

Having said that equality in importance and equality in attributes are altogether different matter . While being equal in importance , difference in attributes can lead to preferences , priorities , specialization and according responses . So while clamouring for equality , each and every different treatment based on different attributes (not discrimination which is superior - inferior classification ) must not be viewed as male dominance ( and in many cases should result in female psychological exploitation of male to the point of subjugation ) . Adequate consideration & accordingly treatment to differences in all kinds of attributes can make life beautiful ,colourful and enjoyable.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Very well said. People really confuse this with gender comparisons .

Here's the point I was trying to make: There were no males and females if we go back in time far enough, which means that our ideas about masculinity and femininity in a spiritual context are likely man made. Speaking for myself, I don't believe in masc and fem ''energies'' floating around permeating everything. I just see men and women doing spiritual practices and they may 'feel' something pleasant because of it and they may start associating it with the other sex.

You need to have read about such things first to come up with them. A random, feral child or adult who experiences 'bliss' or 'peace' isn't going to call it a feminine or masculine ''energy''. There's no hidden woman or man ''spiritual energy'' floating around IMO, nor is there a practical use for the concept of ''gender''. There's biological sex.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:05 AM
Master
God: omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient. Amen
Old 11-07-2020, 07:57 AM
Master

I wrote about this elsewhere, but in terms of the merging of dualities, there are very specific energetic principles that intermingle within the body.

These need to be balanced out and merged to put one on the path towards ascension. Unbalanced energies can wreak havoc in the body.

Masculine and feminine aren't about male and female, we are talking about cosmic principles here, which also manifest in the microcosm of the body, as above, so below.

The dualities as they appear in the body and in human life in general are as follows:

Pingala Nadi, Masculine, Right, Solar, Hot
Ida Nadi Feminine, Left, Lunar, Cool
Sushumna: the centre, a synthesis of the two above principles

When a human raises their serpent power, it will rise in one of the above three channels. Sushumna is the correct one, debilitating symptoms can arise if a person is unbalanced and leans too much in either direction.

When one does energy healing, balancing out Masculine and Feminine energies within the body is a crucial step, very often that imbalance is the cause of disease, including in some cases mental illness.

It is well known that an unbalanced Kundalini, if activated prematurely can lead to various forms of mental illness.

Regarding the duality of Purusha (Spirit) and Prakriti (Matter):

Prakriti is a form of Shakti, it is the feminine principle made manifest. The power by which Purusha creates Prakriti is through Shakti.

Shakti is the Goddess part of the duality of individuated and personalised Brahman. She is present on all levels of creation, be it universal (Prakriti), personal (the Great Goddess or Mahadevi) or local (Kundalini Shakti).

The crucial insight to realize is that these are all forms that only appear separate and different. We see them as different from our point of view, but to Her, all of Her forms are equally important and relevant, she can appear and talk to us in any of them, based on her own preference and our individual need.

You cannot raise yourself up, without realising the Shakti in you and becoming one with her. When you raise her up, once the last knot is pierced and she reaches the crown, the space above the head, which is heaven, this is where Shiva resides and the two merge together or reunite, to achieve nonduality.

Godhood/ascension requires a merging of dualities and existing in a permanent non-dual state.

The power that can be accessed by the merging of dualities is truly awesome, the best comparison in our physical world is matter-antimatter annihilation.

A nondual existence is also a non-material one, it is beyond, time, space and dimensions, therefore linear time and space completely lose their significance.

A god is basically an ascended being, which is why the list of gods and ascended masters, both in theosophy and other spiritual traditions, significantly overlap. The difference is in our mind, because we have a great deal of trouble understanding extradimensional, non-linear, non-dualistic existence.

The white light that flashes when dualities are extinguished is all we can see with our dualistic senses, but there is a whole world, a whole universe out there, that is non-dual and it is subject to completely different laws and rules than our own, material realm.
Old 15-07-2020, 03:28 AM
Guide
So many people tend to travail the paths of greatest power. Power isn't everything. Tell me could u do it right? Would u make the perfect choices? One action leads to another and can effct everything. We are so small an d ye s we have great potential. But to be gods? Problem an occur we en we get too big for our britches. We think we know what is right. We think we know everything but we don't. We are specks of sand on an beach, or lesser still. I you could o anything what would u do? Ask the smartest man in the world the same question and do compare answers. Even then I am afraid both answers would be wrong, or no to go of or high enough to be god.