Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Those first two quotes are awesome. Keep them coming.

Meister Eckart is one of my favorite Christian mystics.

The Apostles accepted joy and sorrow the same, thus, whatever they were suffering was for them sweet. They loved death exactly the same as life.

― Meister Eckhart

Non-attachment
Old 03-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Thanks Sky123

I felt that one stir in my Heart deeply.
) (
^^^^

People should not worry as much about what they do but rather about what they are. If they and their ways are good, then their deeds are radiant. If you are righteous, then what you do will also be righteous. We should not think that holiness is based on what we do but rather on what we are, for it is not our works which sanctify us but we who sanctify our works.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

People should not worry as much about what they do but rather about what they are. If they and their ways are good, then their deeds are radiant. If you are righteous, then what you do will also be righteous. We should not think that holiness is based on what we do but rather on what we are, for it is not our works which sanctify us but we who sanctify our works.

it is not easy to be who we are, how can we be who we are?
how to stamp our colours to the mast?
Old 04-09-2019, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
it is not easy to be who we are, how can we be who we are?
how to stamp our colours to the mast?

Being who you are is much easier than being who your not, that involves pretence.

Why do you need to ' stamp your color on the mast ' ?
Old 04-09-2019, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:

"Know Yourself" is indeed often mentioned by the wise!
Old 04-09-2019, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Being who you are is much easier than being who your not, that involves pretence.

Being who you are is NOT much easier than being who you're not ... INITIALLY .... as there is much undoing to do for most beings.

Eventually, however, being who you are is quite natural and effortless and indeed "much easier than being who you are not".
Old 04-09-2019, 06:12 AM
Master
DELETED - DUPLICATE.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Being who you are is NOT much easier than being who you're not ... INITIALLY .... as there is much undoing to do for most beings.

Eventually, however, being who you are is quite natural and effortless and indeed "much easier than being who you are not".

Being who your not is only a cover for being who you are
Your true essence is unchangeable regardless of your thoughts or actions.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Being who your not is only a cover for being who you are
Your true essence is unchangeable regardless of your thoughts or actions.

This reminds me of the Biblical quote from Matthew 5:15 ("No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.")

May I ask what you personally found most effective in removing that "cover" and discovering your "true essence" ? Does your "Light" shine through continuously?
Old 04-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
This reminds me of the Biblical quote from Matthew 5:15 ("No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.")

May I ask what you personally found most effective in removing that "cover" and discovering your "true essence" ? Does your "Light" shine through continuously?

My light definitely does NOT shine through continuously, it hasn't got enough power
Personally I find working on and trying to understand Ego is most effective for me. I don't believe you need to eliminate it but rather to control it before it controls you or becomes the Master....