Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 26-12-2022, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue

I mean , in a quiz I could name all the bits .....
Kings ,queens, prawns, rooks , castles and them other things !!
But I wouldn't know where to put them or what to do with them

Well you could use the ' prawns ' for a lovely Curry with boiled rice and a portion of chips, yummy, or mybe a crispy Stir Fry with Rice Noodles, use your imagination AB
Old 27-12-2022, 02:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Which one is the small wedge shaped cars with a flat back fin on?
There is something that kinda looks like that. Sprint car or close to that.
Old 27-12-2022, 09:36 AM
Master
Quote:
(one take on history via the Vedas is that the whole globe was India,a Vedic culture,which has shrank to what we know todax as that country)

There's no archaeological, cultural or linguistic evidence to support that. This belief that Hinduism used to be global is no different from saying Native Americans are one of the Israeli tribes, or footprints of Adam were found next to that of a tyrannosaur. It's really about specific religions making things up and trying to ascertain dominance in the world.
Old 27-12-2022, 11:03 AM
Master

Yep I’m totally agreeing with Altair!
Old 27-12-2022, 01:09 PM
Master
I suppose it depends on what you take as evidence when considering any claim I first of all consider what if it was true and what would fit that from history,well we have the Sanskrit language that has been judged as the purest then we have the Babel story of the fracturing of a common language,what was that language?what was that culture?,we have the widespread giobal offering of foodstuffs to deities through history and cultures that survives today,we have similarities in looks and names of these Gods spread across culture,we also have stories of destruction of these so removing traces of evidence.We have evidence of trade around the world,we presume cultures arose and developed I think over all we have that back to front and huge culture has fractured over time,is there any evidence that man invented and developed Sanskrit,or it was given by God or a god in a pure form as the culture is not only claimed to have been global but universal.
Old 27-12-2022, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
well we have the Sanskrit language that has been judged as the purest

The ''purest'', as in ''divine'' and ''language of (the) god(s)''?

Heard that before about Latin and Arabic.

Quote:
then we have the Babel story of the fracturing of a common language,what was that language?what was that culture?

There was no true original language and culture because where would one start with defining it?

People were already diverse back in Africa because they were already with many over there many 100K years ago. People living in different regions develop different languages and cultures also, based on their regional context with regional animals, plants and made up creation stories that ''make sense'' in that region.

There are also similarities. People in different regions, because they are still the same species with the same needs and desires will believe in a deity of ''fertility'', ''the hunt'', and different civilizations will still come up with similar deities because they all had a sense of ''justice'', ''creativity and the arts'', ''war'' etc.

People on different continents may also ''build towards the sky'' (i.e. large towers, pyramids, etc.) and bury special people there, or do sacrifices. It doesn't mean they had ''contact'' with those on the other side of the ocean. It is simply the same species living in different regions that develop similar belief systems, because they are the same species with the same make up underneath. Of course they will all come to believe there is an ultimate tool maker in the form of a God amongst gods. A modern person, with a Christian belief system, may then claim all flood stories across the globe are ''proof of Genesis'', or a New Ager may think different ''pyramids'' are proof of a once global civilization, or a Hindu may believe or wish the whole world was Hindu because well, the Mahabharata really did mention a huge catastrophe, so surely it HAS to be proven elsewhere...

Anyway, to link it with the topic at hand... people in different regions could easily come up with sports, sometimes it may even be quite similar. Sports are the result of a predator species. It's the same species with the same instincts, the same desire to implement rules and structure, with eyes in the front and a gaze towards a prey (be it an animal, human, or a ball). Elaborate eye & hand/feet coordination games are the result of all of that.
Old 27-12-2022, 02:09 PM
Master
Altair-Since AI has progressed the purity of Sanskrit has overtaken Latin and all other ancient languages,you seem to be accepting complicated ideas to why and how things arose,you believe that the idea of God was invented,I believe many people have been trying to pretend God or gods don't exist for many years,which is perhaps a growing number,this stance makes sense to me as it means that group then are under some illusion of freedom,they can ignore laws ,history etc and invent their own,it is what appears a comfortable position for them,but I am fairly certain they have fooled and are fooling themselves,this stance is sending culture backwards as we now live off synthetic medicine and food,people starve and freeze and yet we think we are advanced,a comment was that during Vedic times we ate off golden plates,today we use plastic. .
Old 27-12-2022, 02:24 PM
Master
Have you also not considered the benefits of sport to remove violent conflicts between individuals and groups rather than them developing just from hunting? By playing a game with each other ,dominance can be demonstrated without violene having to come into it ,football teams from different regions can do battle on the field,and yet some people think sports promote or can be the cause of violence,I think over all a lot of them have replaced it,we see money though ruining things,love of money and Mammon,this is ancient wisdom that permeates time.
Old 27-12-2022, 02:50 PM
Master
Podshell, I don't believe in vedic fantasies the same reason I don't believe in Christian fantasies. Religions have tried to ascertain dominance by claiming the whole world was once about them. Modern science and medicine have done far more for us than the remedies that came before. India also has a history of all sorts of serious diseases, such as plague, leprosy, rabies, and others. It was and is science that reduces or even eliminates these troubles, not prayer, vedic tradition and other stuff that came before.
Old 27-12-2022, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Have you also not considered the benefits of sport to remove violent conflicts between individuals and groups rather than them developing just from hunting?
It all comes from the mind of a predator that is getting thrilled from hunting after something (animal, human, ball), evolved with eyes at the front and a good coordination with the limbs. To watch any sports is really like watching a group of carnivores enjoying chasing a prey.