Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Pathfinder

Where is the spirit located?

Guys, where do you think the spirit is located?

I believe it is immaterial but where is the spirit located? Is it in the brain? In the heart (If so, what happens with it during heart transplant)?

Does it cover the whole Human body? And how is it attached to our body?

What would happen with the spirit, if for example a human would have a head or brain transplant? Or what would happen with the spirit if humans in the future will become androids/cyborgs?
Old 28-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Master
Have you ever heard of the subtle bodies surrounding the physical body? This is spirit, we are spirit, and not the human body. We are connected to the physical form through what some call chakras, energy centres.

Through transplants spirit will have left the old body and spirit will connect with the new parts in a short time. Having said this, vital organs can still store negative energies from the old body.

We can not see anyone transplanting a head anytime soon. And by the time it would be theoretically possible, the human race will have healing modalities with make any transplant obsolete.
In regards to some artificial life form, we would have to see if any spirit would want to connect to such an instrument. Has not happened until now in this verse, or any other.
Old 28-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Knower

I agree that our soul cannot be contained with our human body.

BUT if it were to be in a particular part of the body I would think it would be the back of the neck.

As for the heart - it has its own intelligence. It is loaded with 40,000 neurons that can sense, feel, learn and remember. Heart transplant recipients are reported to pick up on 'memories', habits and characteristics from their donors.
Old 28-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you both for your answers, I appreciate them and they make sense.

Yes, you are right, we are the spirit.

I always thought our body is the vessel(vehicle) of our spirit, but if our spirit is not contained within the human body, then how is this connection spirit-body made?

How does the spirit stay attached (binded) to our body, instead of flowing?

What would happen with the spirit if someone's body would be cryogenically frozen in Liquid Nytrogen right after death? And what would happen if the person would be revived?

Last edited by noyan : 28-01-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 28-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
Thank you both for your answers, I appreciate them and they make sense.

Yes, you are right, we are the spirit.

I always thought our body is the vessel(vehicle) of our spirit, but if our spirit is not contained within the human body, then how is this connection spirit-body made?

What would happen with the spirit if someone's body would be cryogenically frozen in Liquid Nytrogen right after death?

Hi

Some will say the spirit / spirit body is attached to the physical body at the brow centre or at the solar plexus. This is what keeps the spirit connected to the physical . The moment there is physical death there is the severing of the cord.

The spirit is not separated from the spirit form, the spirit gives life to the physical.

The spirit embodies the physical so the spirit is in each and every last cell of the body but does not reside in any one place so to speak, it encompasses all physicality.

x daz x
Old 28-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Master

From my own experiences being outside the body, a better question to ask would be:

Where is the body located within the spirit?

The body is small, frail and incredibly constrained.

The spirit is expansive, immortal and practically boundless.

The only thing that constrains the reach of the spirit is the amount of personal power you have. As you develop spiritually, it expands outwards and can reach and touch a surprising amount of people.

You will find that with spiritual advancement, even people around you benefit from your spirit's influence. That is why holy men, ascetics, gurus, monks, etc... are so revered in a lot of cultures. They lift up everyone in their environment and bring good fortune to all around them.
Old 28-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
From my own experiences being outside the body, a better question to ask would be:

Where is the body located within the spirit?

The body is small, frail and incredibly constrained.

The spirit is expansive, immortal and practically boundless.

The only thing that constrains the reach of the spirit is the amount of personal power you have. As you develop spiritually, it expands outwards and can reach and touch a surprising amount of people.

You will find that with spiritual advancement, even people around you benefit from your spirit's influence. That is why holy men, ascetics, gurus, monks, etc... are so revered in a lot of cultures. They lift up everyone in their environment and bring good fortune to all around them.

Thank you very much for your relevant answer.

It really helped me view the situation from another perspective I didn't thought about.
Old 28-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Master

Quote:

What would happen with the spirit if someone's body would be cryogenically frozen in Liquid Nytrogen right after death?

Yogic philosophy teaches that the Soul is connected to the physical body through the sutratma (the thread of Atman).

The sutratma has two main strands - the thread of life and the thread of consciousness.

The thread of consciousness is connected to the physical brain via the chakras in the subtle bodies. This thread withdraws from the brain every night while we sleep. It also withdraws in the event of accident when the body becomes unconscious.

The thread of life connects to the heart , again via the chakras. This connection remains intact throughout the incarnation. Physical death occurs when this connection is broken.

If someone has died and their body is cryogenically frozen then the life thread has already been broken and the Soul has left the body. In such cases the Soul may move on to the astral planes, leaving the frozen body behind. But if the individual is so attached to their body that they want it to be frozen in the hopes of future revival, then they may just hang round the body waiting for it to be revived. It could be a long wait.

Peace.
Old 29-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Master
Probably the same place you exist. In the imagination, which exist in the mind, which doesn't really exist.

Just a thought.
Old 30-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Guys, where do you think the spirit is located?

noyan,

Very difficult to answer this because there is no universal agreement on the very nature of man. IMO it is necessary to know from which point of view any arguments are formed. I think it is fundamental to determine whether man is bi-partite(body and soul) or tri-partite(body, soul and spirit). Personally I ascribe to the tripartite view not accepting that soul and spirit are synonymous...I am curious if others think this is problematic?