Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-06-2020, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How is your ideology and treatise different than any other religious dogma and how is your balloon popping any different than any other dogmatic religion's "mission" to save people?
S/He that hath eyes that see, let them see." That you don't (can't?) see the difference in the content, tone and thrust of what I have articulated so far (which is very clear in my view) is not within my capacity to 'fix', JASG. I'll take one more stab at opening your eyelids by referencing what I 'see' as your distortion of the truth which implicitly (unknowingly on your part, I think) 'violates' others, however.

You talk about 'divinity' and 'the absolute' as though you know the difference between what is 'divine' and what is 'non-divine' and between what is 'absolute' and what is 'not-absolute' and as though what you believe-think-n-feel is 'divine' 'and absolute' is 'superior', 'more real', etc. than what you believe-think-n-feel is not 'divine' and/or not 'absolute'.

Though you are blind to this, it is clear to me that what I point to about your belief-though-n-feeling 'system' is the same kind of distortion of the truth and implicit violation of others' inherent equality as 'knowers' and 'doers' in the stream of Life as Muslims, Christians, etc. make and do in relation to others when and as said Muslims, Christians, etc. believe-think-and-feel that they really know what Allah and Jesus (respectively) are and are about and that those who think otherwise are ipso facto deluded, infidels, etc. Witness the oneupsmanship implicit in statements like "There is no god but God!" and "Jesus is 'Lord'!" - both implying that what they think of as 'God' is 'Superior' and 'Supreme' in relation to any and every thing else.

I say there is no such thing as 'absolute', or, if there is, then that everyone and everything and every kind of happening is 'absolutely' what it is as is. Also that there is absolutely :smile" nothing that is 'permanently' the same, that even the 'nature' of what people think of as 'God' and/or 'the absolute' changes with each and every change 'in' Creation because Creativity (a/k/a 'Brahman' or 'God') and Creation are dynamically 'bound' together in a two-way (moebius strip like) feedback loop. Nothing is 'permanently' what it happens to be when 'glimpsed', IOW! I have said all this before and you clearly didn't get it then. I say it again just in case some glimmer of what I am talking about gets through to you this time.

What is different between my 'religion' (i.e. 'belief system') and your 'religion' is that mine only recognizes the eternally ever-present and ever-changing Presence of Life as is. That you mistakenly think that 'awareness' can be and is (in your case?) always 'the same' (i.e. 'pure' awareness) is like a person thinking 'I' am the same as I was yesterday because my eyes were open then and they are open now, like I imagine you must think that Buddha saying "I am awake" actually meant that what he 'knew' (at any given moment on any given day) was 'the same' as what he 'knew' the day before, say. He may have meant that - I don't know, I wasn't there and, even I was, no one can know exactly whats going on in someone else's 'head' or 'heart', ever! I'm am just saying and insisting on equal consideration, in said regard, that I think you don't 'know' what you are talking about either.

My assertion to the effect that nothing is 'permanent', nothing is 'absolute', 'ultimate', 'superior', or 'more real' when compared to anything else, and that therefore people who assert that they are are delusional is a LOGIC-based deduction and submitted for LOGICal consideration here, just as any scientific proposition is in a 'science forum' - it is submitted as a theoretical proposition, not as an absolutely 'known' or 'knowable' fact.

I think people who elect to operate on the basis of this theory can/will create a much more creatively functional, relationally-integrated 'society' than the 'believers' of 'old time' (now 'old', that is) have managed to 'tribally' (with 'priestly' types proclaiming 'superior' 'awareness' as the tribe's leaders) managed to do so far.

The time for the evolution of consciousness to take the next step is NOW. Those who don't will have to play 'catch up' by reincarnating again and again till they do, IMO - said opinion being based on my theory, not as indisputably 'known' fact), which theory I submit for public consideration and evaluation as being much more LOGICally knit together than yours and, generally speaking in historical terms now, others to date.
Old 15-06-2020, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
I suggest one can have one's cake and eat it too.

One can realize and be firmly ensconced in One's permanent and unchanging Self while still participating in the Divine Play of Consciousness as one's impermanent and changing self. One can be director, actor, character, stage and play.
Go for it! I understand how you think so. But, as I have said I think that the idea of a "permanent and unchanging Self" is not a LOGICally supportable axiom pertaining to the Reality of the Flow of Life. Its is a delusional projection in my 'view'.

I agree that one can be, and indeed is!, a director, actor, character, stage manager and script-writer of one;s own Life-'story' - but only/always as an ever-evolving eternally ever flowing (hence changing) Self/self on an ever-changing 'stage', I think.
Old 15-06-2020, 09:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Go for it! I understand how you think so. But, as I have said I think that the idea of a "permanent and unchanging Self" is not a LOGICally supportable axiom pertaining to the Reality of the Flow of Life. Its is a delusional projection in my 'view'.

I agree that one can be, and indeed is!, a director, actor, character, stage manager and script-writer of one;s own Life-'story' - but only/always as an ever-evolving eternally ever flowing (hence changing) Self/self on an ever-changing 'stage', I think.

Choose your delusion and I'll choose mine. LOL!

What I will say is my delusion is more than an intellectual one, hence why I'm here in the first place. Prior to 8 1/2 months back it was but a conceptual seed but all that changed and I'm quite content in my current delusional state, moreso than I've ever been and it's not even close.

So no, I'm not just throwing out intellectual arguments. For me there's an experiential aspect and it's far more real than the intellectual aspect could ever hope to be.
Old 15-06-2020, 09:12 PM
Master

permanent and unchanging self

Quote:
I suggest one can have one's cake and eat it too.

One can realize and be firmly ensconced in One's permanent and unchanging Self while still participating in the Divine Play of Consciousness as one's impermanent and changing self. One can be director, actor, character, stage and play.
Permanent and unchanging super-soul is the prime axis of life and is the underlying spirit in myriad changing & fleeting shapes and forms around in the universe . Without that underlying unifiying supersoul , life can go in any direction wayward as life is infinite in all direction .

While the effort and intentions of DS are sublime and hence very respectable , refusal to accept this permanent and unchanging nature of God is not tenable.
Old 15-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:

P.S. In the kind or 'religion' I am arguing for, 'individuality' will be recgonized and honored as a matter of fact - this putting of 'individuality' at the 'center' of the 'altar' of one's Life-values is aligned with seeing/thinking of soul-maturation (to the point of full-fledged integration with The Flow of Life) as a process of 'individuation'.

See https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-ab.../individuation

'Old' time 'religions', i.e, groupie-belielf systems, for the most part reinforce 'conformity' and playing one's 'role' on the basis of a pre-approved 'scripts' (as well as withdraw support from folks who choose/do/explore Life otherwise). Think! of the current movement in the direction of people 'freeing' themselves from the 'tyranny' of socially prescribed sexual behaviors and and gender-based 'identities' and extrapolate this to apply to all aspects of human Life to get a 'sense' of the potential for 'individual' growth and development if you want to get a 'sense' what's really 'at stake' here.
Old 15-06-2020, 11:50 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Permanent and unchanging super-soul is the prime axis of life and is the underlying spirit in myriad changing & fleeting shapes and forms around in the universe . Without that underlying unifiying supersoul , life can go in any direction wayward as life is infinite in all direction .

While the effort and intentions of DS are sublime and hence very respectable , refusal to accept this permanent and unchanging nature of God is not tenable.

From a very early age I've always been drawn to the concept of infinity, though it was an itch I could never scratch. Now I can and it's supremely soothing.

When talking about non-duality we often talk about consciousness/awareness, however when I do I'm not speaking of the reflected or manifested variety that passes for it in scientific or psychological circles. I'm speaking of the unmanifested variety, the Witness. And yes it can be realized and it's a wildly different perspective. As I've said elsewhere a good analogy is a lucid dream, though while that's amazing the waking analogy is profound.

It's not simply another altered state of consciousness like psychedelics. Been there, done that and literally hundreds of times. It's also not like a deep meditative state where mind is all but still and bodily sensations all but drop away. That might be akin to pure existence but that's all there is.

I'm talking about the Baba Muktananda experience of "Earth, moon, stars and sun revolve inside me" and yes, that can be an actual experience in waking life.
Old 16-06-2020, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH

Has anyone (besides me) here wondered - as a theoretical explanation a least - whether various peeps' 'love embrace' of the (projected, IMO) 'reality' of something 'supremely' 'superior' (to their 'normal' existence state) might not actually be a function of the human ego's insecurity, and even dread, in face of the facts of its relative powerlessness (hence feeling of 'inferiority') and the inevitability of its 'transit' (i.e. 'transmigration') into being something/someone else?

Isn't 'self'-preservation the immature ego's 'prime' obsession - I mean the 'scaredy-cat' phase of the 'ego' of course, wherein peeps naturally find the idea of a 'big', supremely powerful, ever-lasting father or mother to be a very comforting/reinforcing 'security blanket'.

'I' personally don't find such 'blanket' idea all that attractive since 'I' firmly believe, think and feel that 'I' will always be ongoing/ongrowing (even after my present ego's life) just as 'I' am still doing 'my' thing on even though the 'child' 'I' was no longer is.

'I' am now more interested in and whole-heartedly looking forward to becoming a completely dependable 'big' spiritual brother/father/mother/guide/inspiration/whatever to other younguns instead of 'having' or getting more 'in touch' with a 'bigger' immutable/unchanging 'dependable' one who/which 'I' can 'securely' 'depend' on.
Old 16-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Choose your delusion and I'll choose mine. LOL!

What I will say is my delusion is more than an intellectual one, hence why I'm here in the first place. Prior to 8 1/2 months back it was but a conceptual seed but all that changed and I'm quite content in my current delusional state, morenso than I've ever been and it's not even close.

So no, I'm not just throwing out intellectual arguments. For me there's an experiential aspect and it's far more real than the intellectual aspect could ever hope to be.
Like I said, "You will 'find' (experience!) what you 'seek'." This is the the power of belief and expectation - LOA, in other words.

I, on the other hand 'seek' to 'find' and promulgate a set of ideas (and logically derivative beliefs and expectations) which will result in an improvement (building on but refining past improvements) in the quality of relational interbeing and soul-development (consciousness-development for those who think that way) in the context of our conjoint incarnational lives.

I am really (I believe and think and feel ) after the same thing you are: we just have different ideas about what will 'lead' to maximal Love and Joy experience and expression (not just 'intellectual' thumb-twiddling!) I 'see' the best way as being what I have shared here.

I thank you for considering my ideas and accompanying criticisms and propositions in this regard, as well as for giving me a worthy Life-improvement-'game' player to play with as well as against. As before, I ask that you (anyone) remains open-minded and, as part of such commitment, eschew smugness (thinking and feeling that you have fully 'arrived').
Old 16-06-2020, 02:53 PM
Master

life-flow vs group thinkig

Quote:
P.S. In the kind or 'religion' I am arguing for, 'individuality' will be recgonized and honored as a matter of fact - this putting of 'individuality' at the 'center' of the 'altar' of one's Life-values is aligned with seeing/thinking of soul-maturation (to the point of full-fledged integration with The Flow of Life) as a process of 'individuation'.

See https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-ab.../individuation

'Old' time 'religions', i.e, groupie-belielf systems, for the most part reinforce 'conformity' and playing one's 'role' on the basis of a pre-approved 'scripts' (as well as withdraw support from folks who choose/do/explore Life otherwise). Think! of the current movement in the direction of people 'freeing' themselves from the 'tyranny' of socially prescribed sexual behaviors and and gender-based 'identities' and extrapolate this to apply to all aspects of human Life to get a 'sense' of the potential for 'individual' growth and development if you want to get a 'sense' what's really 'at stake' here.

The very idea of life-flow is a groupie thinking . You can not have life-flow without multiple entities . So u too don't have problem with groupie thinking. Now the problem is how much relative importance one should give to one's self and groupie thinking. Instead of going into either extremes , balance has to be kept with slight higher priority towards groupie thinking . This is like aircraft angle of attack . It is always skywards (5 to 15 degree of angle ) yet horizontal enough to let passengers feel safe and enjoy it thoroughly.
Commercial aircraft can not do jumpy-bumpy exercises mid-air .Small one-two seater planes can do so . So when you want spirituality to go into life-flow groupie matters , there has to be stability and right balanced and holistic orientation and prioritization .

I can understand lots of historical backgrounds go in beliefs such as this . So while I respect you , I must stick to reality to the best of my understanding.
Old 16-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Master

surrendering ego

Quote:
Has anyone (besides me) here wondered - as a theoretical explanation a least - whether various peeps' 'love embrace' of the (projected, IMO) 'reality' of something 'supremely' 'superior' (to their 'normal' existence state) might not actually be a function of the human ego's insecurity, and even dread, in face of the facts of its relative powerlessness (hence feeling of 'inferiority') and the inevitability of its 'transit' (i.e. 'transmigration') into being something/someone else?
You consider surrendering ego (letting go-off self preservation ) to an unknown entity is probably issue . Here is where faith should come . In real life also people surrender ego's to their lover(may be only during love-life) , to boss , to rich people , to the powerful & famous . If the ego is surrendered at right places where its not misused , u get back your ego back enlarged with bigger/grander experiences & perspectives . So surrendering ego or identifying with something superior (to use better word) is inherently human instinct which we do it day in day out in our life. People feel very secure and safe in such identification with superior. And spirituality is not something from mars and Jupiter .What we do in real life we need to do it spiritual life as well genuinely sincerely with full use of intelligence.