Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Seeker

For all those who are suffering

Disclaimer: These are entirely my thoughts regarding this connection. Since each one of us are on a different journey, it's not necessary that you will resonate with what I am sharing. My rambling might not be coherent, as you must experience this yourself in order to understand its essence.

YOUR EGO IS NOT YOU. EGO AND WHATEVER IT PRODUCES (ACTIONS, WORDS, BEHAVIOUR) IS JUST AN ILLUSION. THE TRUTH IS THE SOUL WHICH RESIDES INSIDE THIS BODY.

Firstly, I don't believe in labeling anything, as sticking to a label is also a way for our ego to thrive. Our soul exists without relying on any such labels. So, for me, Twin flame label doesn't exist. But just to make my thoughts easy to understand, I will use the word Twin flame/TF, but please refrain from getting attached to this label.

I have realized that this connection can't be cut off, switched off or broken. Each single time a person will try to give up, signs and synchronicity will be shoved on their faces. So, the chasers who are trying to give up must understand that it's just an illusion of our ego that if we 'give up' we will be happy. Our fears, pains and longings, are all a part of the ego, and since we are suffering (which is also due to ego) we want to give up. You might find some kind of relief or joy by giving up, but isn't this 'relief or joy' also an illusion since it's originated from the ego? If that relief or joy can come and go as per the circumstances, I believe that it's just an illusion and nothing else. Everything that's built up by ego is an illusion. Because our true essence is unchanging, constant and full of love.

Our sufferings have not originated due to the actions of the TFs. They have originated because -- 'I' want 'HIM' to act in a certain way that will please 'my' ego -- please, try to get the essence of this line. That 'I' is nothing but ego. It wants the other person (TF) to act in a certain way which can give us the sensations of happiness, or joy or security. But if that joy or security is not constant and is dependent on the actions of the TF, isn't again your ego which is ruling you? Isn't that joy or security also an illusion? Because our true essence is supposed to be constant.

I. Our thoughts and memories have been built up due to our sheer attachment from THAT body which we call our TF. But we must understand that the body is NOT the person. When I ask you to think of your TF, you will see his/her body. But since they are NOT their body, how can you point towards that person's body and say that "he/she is my TF"? So, detach from that body. It's nothing but an illusion. That body is NOT your TF. In fact, the name that you use to refer your TF doesn't represent your TF as well. Hence, your TF has NO body or name.

II. Now, there are certain thoughts and memories in your mind that are attached with the person you call your TF. Since you can't call that body your TF, we must kindly rule out all those memories and thoughts that are attached with their body. Therefore, we are just left with the emotions and thoughts WE feel due to the the person we call TF. Our main problem starts on the emotional level because we identify with our thoughts.

III. Just because 'I' am feeling something, it doesn't mean that that feeling is 'ME'. Your soul/inner truth/God (Whatever you want to call it) has no thought or feeling. It is in a state of constant bliss or love. Anything which can come and go, is an ILLUSION. These thoughts or emotions that you call yours, are nothing but ego which can perish anytime. So, when an emotion/thought/feeling originate inside you regarding your TF, please understand that they are just lies. You are looking at that person (TF) from YOUR perspective. You are trying to understand them through THEIR actions, behaviour and words which have originated from THEIR ego. All their actions and words which makes you feel happy or hurt are coming from their ego, and hence all their actions/words become an illusion (because ego is an illusion and not their true self). Therefore, all your thoughts and memories attached to your TF are NOTHING but an illusion.

When that person you call your TF has no body, no actions, no words, and no behavioural pattern, all that is left is THAT soul which is their true essence. You can't acquire someone's soul. You can't call that soul 'my' TF because possession comes from a place of ego. The true essence doesn't need any such possession to feel love. That soul is truth. Their soul is ALWAYS connected with your soul since all the souls that exist in this world are connected with that greatest energy.

So, it doesn't matter if your TF is with you or not, because the body that you want to be with is an illusion. The experiences and emotions and that you want to feel through their actions and emotions are illusion. And all that is left are two souls which are always connected. Enlighten your soul and get connected with the love which you can feel not only towards that person which is known as TF, but towards the entire universe as well.

Last edited by odyssey : 18-07-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 18-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey
Our sufferings have not originated due to the actions of the TFs. They have originated because -- 'I' want 'HIM' to act in a certain way that will please 'my' ego -- please, try to get the essence of this line. That 'I' is nothing but ego. It wants the other person (TF) to act in a certain way which can give us the sensations of happiness, or joy or security. But if that joy or security is not constant and is dependent on the actions of the TF, isn't again your ego which is ruling you? Isn't that joy or security also an illusion? Because our true essence is supposed to be constant.

odyssey -

I agree with everything you wrote.

The only caveat I have to say is that I just want to be detached from him. {yes, I know it's my ego talking} I didn't ask for this--we were never more than colleagues. So when you are put in this situation--what do you do? Put my ego aside and just accept it with a smile? Forget about wanting to find my own love, and accept and trust that everything will work out in the end?

I may be 90 years old before I find someone OR just die alone and never have anyone cause I'm 'attached'...but he gets to live a fulfilled life?

I know life is not fair, but that's really c r a p p y{as a lady that's the best I can do}.
Old 18-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGemini
odyssey -

I agree with everything you wrote.

The only caveat I have to say is that I just want to be detached from him. {yes, I know it's my ego talking} I didn't ask for this--we were never more than colleagues. So when you are put in this situation--what do you do? Put my ego aside and just accept it with a smile? Forget about wanting to find my own love, and accept and trust that everything will work out in the end?

I may be 90 years old before I find someone OR just die alone and never have anyone cause I'm 'attached'...but he gets to live a fulfilled life?

I know life is not fair, but that's really c r a p p y{as a lady that's the best I can do}.

I understand what you are going through. Whatever I am going to write might not easily resonate with you as each one of these words must be felt by ourselves in order to understand

What is it you want to be detached with? His thoughts? The feelings he originate inside you? His image that is embedded in your mind? When we are coming from a place of ego, it's very difficult for us to understand this situation from the perspective of spirituality.

What we must understand is, when we are having thoughts regarding the TF inside our brain, these thought are OUR perspective, our feelings and our opinions regarding the illusion (TF's body, image, thoughts, actions, words). What if I say to you that fire will drench you? Will it? No. If you can't believe in one illusion (regarding fire drenching you), we must understand that it our ego (again, an illusion) which needs another illusion (TF) to thrive.

Whatever you are feeling right now is NOT you. You are neither your body, nor your emotions or the thoughts. The moment you let true self enlighten, you will start observing all these emotions and actions from third person perspective.

When you say "I am hurt" Who is 'I'? That ego is hurt. Ego is nothing but your unenlightened self. Because your true essence is never hurt. So ask again, "Who is 'I'? Is there anyone inside you which is hurt or is the 'I' just an illusion?

When we learn to put our ego aside and love with our true essence, it doesn't mean that we are stopping ourselves from find another person for marrying, loving, having kids, growing old with, etc. But you are always, ALWAYS connected with that person you call your TF. So detachment of ego is possible, but as the higher power connects us, we must understand that all we gotta do is love the God/truth/Energy that resides in that body, and not the body we label as 'TF'. And therefore, you will be free to love other souls as well. There will be no difference in the love you give to the soul of your TF and the love you give to other souls.

It is very difficult to understand it without experiencing it yourself. But the moment you will let the wisdom cement inside you that the 'need' to feel love, security, or joy, is coming from ego and not your true self, you will be enlightened. Whatever you are seeking outside, is already inside you.
Old 18-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

well said Odyssey
Old 18-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt
well said Odyssey

Thank you. I am still trying to understand more about spirituality and detachment, but this realization was very liberating and helpful in moving forward towards that path.
Old 18-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
-Our soul exists without relying on any such labels.

-But we must understand that the body is NOT the person.

-You can't acquire someone's soul. You can't call that soul 'my' TF because possession comes from a place of ego. The true essence doesn't need any such possession to feel love. That soul is truth. Their soul is ALWAYS connected with your soul since all the souls that exist in this world are connected with that greatest energy.

-And all that is left are two souls which are always connected. Enlighten your soul and get connected with the love which you can feel not only towards that person which is known as TF, but towards the entire universe as well.

Strongly agree with these insights... Overall, nice thread Odyssey!

Old 18-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
I understand what you are going through. Whatever I am going to write might not easily resonate with you as each one of these words must be felt by ourselves in order to understand

What is it you want to be detached with? His thoughts? The feelings he originate inside you? His image that is embedded in your mind? When we are coming from a place of ego, it's very difficult for us to understand this situation from the perspective of spirituality.

All of it, I don't see why we have to be connected together at all...as souls or whatever you want to call it. I just want to live a peaceful, happy, sweet life with a loving husband and a couple of kids if God blesses me to do so. I don't to be spiritually attached to him at all.

I have already been reprimanded by some spiritual/tarot readers for trying to do soul cutting cord prayers. But I was desperate. Then they went into things Divinely Ordained cannot be changed. Yes, I'm Catholic and I trust and believe in God faithfully, but I only want to know why this is happening--why couldn't he attach me to someone who wasn't already attached and someone compatible with me? Unless God sends one of his angels or a miracle, I don't see any way of this working out--people can say I'm in denial, stubborn, whatever, but oil and water do not mix.

Quote:
When we learn to put our ego aside and love with our true essence, it doesn't mean that we are stopping ourselves from find another person for marrying, loving, having kids, growing old with, etc. But you are always, ALWAYS connected with that person you call your TF. So detachment of ego is possible, but as the higher power connects us, we must understand that all we gotta do is love the God/truth/Energy that resides in that body, and not the body we label as 'TF'. And therefore, you will be free to love other souls as well. There will be no difference in the love you give to the soul of your TF and the love you give to other souls.

It is very difficult to understand it without experiencing it yourself. But the moment you will let the wisdom cement inside you that the 'need' to feel love, security, or joy, is coming from ego and not your true self, you will be enlightened. Whatever you are seeking outside, is already inside you.

So I have to choose to love this person in order to find my true love, my one and only soulmate to marry and live with forever. I will admit a couple of times I've felt unconditional brotherly love for him, but he goes and does something stupid or acts like a jerk and we are back to fighting again.

Before when I was consciously staying out of his way and avoiding him {mainly due to the strong vibe/aura/energy he gave off}(before we were forced to work together), I was approached by guys who were interested in dating me. Now, no one approaches me. Yet, I'm the same friendly, outgoing person that I have always been.

And, why do I have to do all this accepting of him, in order to find my true love, he didn't have any issues finding his and marrying? Seems like I'm getting the short end of the stick. Readers and Taoist telling me everything is Divine Timing, yet I feel like a huge mistake has been made and I'm spiritually chained to someone that I shouldn't be and I'm not allowed to break the chain. Which is totally not fair.

I will continue to my soulmate prayers to God maybe he will eventually decide to provide me what I have been asking for due to my perseverance.
Old 18-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Strongly agree with these insights... Overall, nice thread Odyssey!

Thank you so much ♥
Old 18-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGemini
All of it, I don't see why we have to be connected together at all...as souls or whatever you want to call it. I just want to live a peaceful, happy, sweet life with a loving husband and a couple of kids if God blesses me to do so. I don't to be spiritually attached to him at all.

I have already been reprimanded by some spiritual/tarot readers for trying to do soul cutting cord prayers. But I was desperate. Then they went into things Divinely Ordained cannot be changed. Yes, I'm Catholic and I trust and believe in God faithfully, but I only want to know why this is happening--why couldn't he attach me to someone who wasn't already attached and someone compatible with me? Unless God sends one of his angels or a miracle, I don't see any way of this working out--people can say I'm in denial, stubborn, whatever, but oil and water do not mix.

I struggle with whatever you have stated. There is no easy answer but take it as an opportunity to spiritually awaken yourself. Let's just say, you get whatever you are asking for--a husband and kids. But what if at some point, all of them (may it not happen) die due to one cause or another. You will be again left with yourself and all this pain.And even if something like this not happen, all of us know that pain is inevitable in one form or another. Right now, it's just a way strengthening you spiritually and universe wants you to step away from this cycle of happiness and pain. You are actually a spiritual being.

Quote:
So I have to choose to love this person in order to find my true love, my one and only soulmate to marry and live with forever. I will admit a couple of times I've felt unconditional brotherly love for him, but he goes and does something stupid or acts like a jerk and we are back to fighting again.

I think 'choosing to love' is the work of ego. The moment you get enlightened, you will love naturally, everybody and everything, as it is your true nature.

Quote:
Before when I was consciously staying out of his way and avoiding him {mainly due to the strong vibe/aura/energy he gave off}(before we were forced to work together), I was approached by guys who were interested in dating me. Now, no one approaches me. Yet, I'm the same friendly, outgoing person that I have always been.

And, why do I have to do all this accepting of him, in order to find my true love, he didn't have any issues finding his and marrying? Seems like I'm getting the short end of the stick. Readers and Taoist telling me everything is Divine Timing, yet I feel like a huge mistake has been made and I'm spiritually chained to someone that I shouldn't be and I'm not allowed to break the chain. Which is totally not fair.

I will continue to my soulmate prayers to God maybe he will eventually decide to provide me what I have been asking for due to my perseverance.

You are searching for love. Each one of us wants love. But do you think clinging to a future event is the right thing to do? Divine timing is indeed the truth. We cannot accelerate any process. The moment you will learn to stop tightening your grasp, you will become free and the good events would get a space to manifest. You are not getting the short end of the stick. I think it's the other way round. You are getting a chance to get enlightened where as TF is getting stuck and he will have to keep going through the pain in order to get his lesons and accept his true nature.
Old 18-07-2016, 08:05 PM
kairi

I. Our thoughts and memories have been built up due to our sheer attachment from THAT body which we call our TF. But we must understand that the body is NOT the person. When I ask you to think of your TF, you will see his/her body. But since they are NOT their body, how can you point towards that person's body and say that "he/she is my TF"? So, detach from that body. It's nothing but an illusion. That body is NOT your TF. In fact, the name that you use to refer your TF doesn't represent your TF as well. Hence, your TF has NO body or name.

When that person you call your TF has no body, no actions, no words, and no behavioural pattern, all that is left is THAT soul which is their true essence. You can't acquire someone's soul. You can't call that soul 'my' TF because possession comes from a place of ego. The true essence doesn't need any such possession to feel love. That soul is truth. Their soul is ALWAYS connected with your soul since all the souls that exist in this world are connected with that greatest energy.

So, it doesn't matter if your TF is with you or not, because the body that you want to be with is an illusion. The experiences and emotions and that you want to feel through their actions and emotions are illusion. And all that is left are two souls which are always connected. Enlighten your soul and get connected with the love which you can feel not only towards that person which is known as TF, but towards the entire universe as well. [/quote]

You said what i couldn't express!You couldn't say more true words,i am not an expert and i am new to all these and i don't like labels.Tf or whatever everyone believe it is called is not about the body,this is just the exterior.It is about that pure form that is in our core,that energy of love,that soul for others,has no gender it is forever connected with yours even if a relationship will not occure.It is love in the purer form.