Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 14-10-2011, 08:22 AM
shandy61

Cat Chat

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can help me by having a chat to my cat who is a very troubled boy & I so want to help him, otherwise I may have to return him to the rescue shelter, which would break my heart.
Basic details about him, male cat approx 4 years old, neutered, black & white shorthair.
Thanks in advance & if any more info needed just let me know
S
x
Old 17-10-2011, 02:51 PM
midnightstar

Do you have a picture? I'm willing to try connecting with him through the picture
Old 20-10-2011, 10:48 AM
shandy61

Angry

Hi BD,
Thanks for your reply, will try & attach a pic though not done it before, so hope it works !
Thanks again
S
x

Doesn't seem to have worked

Any clues ?
Old 20-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Master
Can you tell us what the trouble is? I may be able to offer just ordinary advice from how I've dealt with problems with my own cats.

Old 20-10-2011, 11:57 AM
shandy61

Hi,
Thanks for your offer of help. I've had cats for over 30 years but never had one like this fella.
I got him as an adult rescue cat & he was at first ver good natured with my existing cats, but once he was allowed out of the house his personality changed quite rapidly & he reverted to being a street tom cat with a dominant nature & soon started bullying my existing female cats & fighting outside of the house with any cat that crosses his path.
I have spoken to the behaviour advisor at the rescue centre & they advised to keep him contained in the house to see if this broke the pattern, but it hasn't & if anything made the problems worse, as he got frustrated at not being allowed out when the other cats could come & go.
In truth I think he needs to be an only cat as his nature is totally different when the other cats aren't around.
I have more or less made the decision to return him to the rescue shelter even though it will break my heart I feel it is what is best for him & also for my other cats who live in fear of him.
Tough decision, but the right one for the cats I think.
Thanks for your offer of help though
S
x
Old 20-10-2011, 12:20 PM
midnightstar

Cats that have lived on the streets (I speak from working as a volunteer in a rescue) tend to feel they have to defend themselves when they are out and about ................. most do best as single cats because of their experiences ...................
Old 20-10-2011, 01:20 PM
earthprowler

here's an idea. he wants to go out side, walk him on a leash. may not be easy at first as they don't normally like it but he will adjust. keep him with you at all times to keep him away from the females so you can be able to reign him in. there are ways to discipline, i first suggest watching the dog whisperer. i use one word commands with all my animals and i look them directly in the eye, it's repeat, repeat,repeat, over and over until you see some adjustment and he gives a little. you have to be firm (as i'm sure you are well aware). if it doesn't work out, sometimes that's just one of those things, you never know.
Old 20-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Cerium

You could just have another male, maby your huband sit the cat down and say you give respect, we give respect back. I know it sounds strange, but id Had a freind have a male bonding moment with his cat, and it worked. Maby you could show him your on his side to, by giving him speacial privelages when he dose something good.
Old 20-10-2011, 02:00 PM
shandy61

Thank you all so much for your thoughts & suggestions.
I have sat him down & explained how much I love him but his behaviour must change ... no difference made !
As for the lead suggestion, he is not the kind of cat that will accept you mauling about with him. He's a proper bloke & a big cat, he's done me a bit of damage in the time I've had him ! I am consistantly very firm with him but nothing seems to alter his mind set. I know his behaviour is only what he has had to develop to survive on the streets. He was only neutered late in life so that doesn't help either.
I love him dearly but I fear my home is not the right home for him. Think he does need to be an only cat.
Thanks guys
S
x
Old 20-10-2011, 02:56 PM
iolite

Have you tried EFT or Bach remedies?