Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Sparkle

Contacting the Otherside

How is it possible to open the channel of communication up with the otherside? How do people practice this? Is it meditation?

I do go to the spiritual church now and again but would like to know how the mediums do it as I beleive it can be learnt. I have been told I have psychic ability. I do go with my intuition but I know I don't have anything to the extent that would allow me to communicate with those not on the material (as they say in the church). I would like to know how I would go about developing it.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Master
does the spiritual church have development groups?

meditation is good also

{{hugs&love}}
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
iklenic

Hi there, im in no way experienced but for me, its meditation, i also attend a spiritual awareness class at my spiritualist church and i read- research everything!!!! I try to learn as much as i can by reading listening to other people and the biggie... trust in yourself & what you experience/feel,
listen to dreams, gut feelings, x
Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
glenos

Yep, a good way to start by asking at church if there are any development groups. Bear in mind it may not be any good but you'll know "inside" if it suits you or not..

G
Old 04-04-2011, 10:29 PM
MYFIGO

I agree that meditation is important to be relaxed and receptive. Also I think learning all you can, saturating yourself in what you wish to know is the way to success. The more you read and think about these things, the more you become ready to receive them.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Sparkle

Thank you. I have went to 2 churches over the years but I take to one of them more than the other so I will probably ask at that one the next time I am there.

I do get _feelings_ now and again but it is once in a blue moon. Knowing something is away to happen or something about a situation.

As has been said above I go with gut more now than ever. I didn't always listen to it before but I do doubt it now and again.

I had a dream a few weeks ago but it wasn't a normal feeling dream. I get a very weird feeling and it seems like it happens just before I wake up. This little girl climbed into bed with me and I could see her standing in front of me (before she got into bed). This might sound weird but I think this girl is going to be mine one day. Sorry if I sound weird saying that.

I have had alot of intuition/dreams as I'm just wakening up. A feeling that comes with my own inner voice.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:27 AM
glenos

Go with the flow if you are drawn to a particular group/church. If you get to chat with the development groups leader find out as much as is polite about their history, the groups success stories and how long the group has been going, that sort of thing. You want a closed group ideally, one with regular sitters. Be prepared to give it your full commitment because in some cases it can take an age to get meaningful results even if you are good material(!)

G
Old 06-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Master
i think raising your vibration, medidaiton, letting your guides and higher self know you are interested, but be careful with it, and make sure you learn grounding and protection excercises, i would reccomend taking meduimship classes
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Sparkle

I'm going to leave it for now as I'm interested in learning the tarot. When you metion mediumship classes I take you just mean a closed circle group at the spiritualist church.

Thank you to everyone who has replied.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Sunshinelady

The tarot cards can help you expand your intuitive ability and you can use them to connet with deceased loved ones, too:-) Enjoy!