Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
All of which you have said is very true. Jesus indeed taught different level of mysteries to different people depending on their level of understanding and faith. Origen was himself a die-hard believer of reincarnation and he fully embraced the concept of reincarnation but the orthodox church arrogantly twisted the doctrines of Christ for their own selfish reasons. Every religion including Hinduism is not following the teachings of their own founders but the solution to this is not to give up your religion and become an apostate instead it is better to return to the root of your own religion.

Pleroma Hello, I did not give up my religion, I adopted a new one. The world is replete with examples of those who have done so. Martin Luther, born Catholic, (Protestant reformation), Buddha (born and reared in what was at the time called Brahmanism,) Jesus Christ (born into Judaism) just to name a few. The world is not now, nor has it ever been a stagnant place where people are born and exist until they die in little boxes. As you state yourself, every religion has been altered from their initial teachings.

In my case, the things Hinduism teaches are the things I have always believed but just never did anything about it. Once I linked my quest for knowledge with the eternal path there was no turning back.
Peace
Old 24-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Guide

A point that I draw from Pleroma's comments, and have seen personally is that 'out with the old' can be harder than 'in with the new'. The subconscious mind, programmed over many years, is more powerful than we sometimes suspect.