Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 21-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Master
Dean: '...releasing the mind patterns that occupy so much of our attention..'. I'm guessing you're referring to EFT as a way to do this?

The way I know is letting go and self acceptance with what is (without struggling against it), or mindfulness (just allowing the fears and thoughts etc to be there without engaging in them...

But ja there are issues around me doing this it seems, staying focused on this.

Yes, breathing, allowing, accepting, letting go is what I do too, and now that my toughest, most self-defeating patterns are gone it works well. However... sometimes that's just not enough and another method needs to be used (EFT is just one option, of course) ... if we really want to become free in the truth of our being.

You said that EFT keeps showing up for you.

I guess you've heard the story about the guy who always said "God will save me". So in a big flood a boat came by to rescue him, then another boat, then a helicopter and he refused them all saying "God will save me"

So he died and went to heaven and at God's throne said, "Hey! Why didn't you save me?" God answered, "I sent two boats and a helicopter. What more did you expect?"

Xan

PS: Yes, this is a fine way to reply.

`

Old 22-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Dean1973

Xan, no I hadn't heard that story, but yes I do think of these things as well, when they come up repeatedly. Oh well, lemme give the tapping thing another go, ..try look into it more seriously.

:)
Old 22-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Master
Hi Dean,

I also recommend the EFT, but I think its helpful to get clear about what kind of person you want to be in order that you can get clear about the specific beliefs to clear. For example, a few years back I cleared a lot of my blocks to being abundant, and there were a lot of beliefs around that issue that I tapped on.....''I should be poor'', ''I should fit in'' ''I shouldnt be different'' ''I shouldnt make other people envy me'' etc
Old 22-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Master
Dean: Oh well, lemme give the tapping thing another go, ..try look into it more seriously.

Good idea, Dean... It's important to learn to do EFT really well by studying a good book on the subject. "Discover the Power of Meridian Tapping" by Dr. Patricia Carrington is one I recommend.

Xan

Old 22-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Master
Hi Dean
ACIM would have to be one of my most favourites. We actually ran ACIM classes till my husband passed. Its not so much about the wording, but the meaning behind the words. The book actually allows you to do your own work, and is probably why many don't seem to resonate with it. Once you 'realise' its messages, the rest just follows through in one's everyday life. '
Cheers
Old 22-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Dean1973

NightSpirit, I've always loved the lessons, and once one gets into the language, the text is like poetry to me!

Ja, the meaning behind the words and doing your own work for me is when the lessons suggest 'thinking about the lesson', experiencing it, letting related thoughts come to you etc .. I love that.

But I really want to be in them more consistently, I don't know if it's a lack of trust or feeling exhausted by it all or what it is that stops me from moving with the lessons as much as I'd like to ..

Who knows, all I can do is try and try again ..
Old 22-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Racer X

Try......try one thousand times even if you fail one thousand times!
"I did not fail one thousand times, I learned one thousand ways NOT to make a lightbulb." -Edison

Stopping you....????
A failure to accept the hard moments with the Light moments.....
Learn to ACCEPT ALL experiences ...
HOW????

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
and PATIENCE will be built.

Strength will be added by facing the tough times!

GO THROUGH every obstacle and refuse(proper use of stubbornness) to quit!

Turn the weakness into Strength.
Forge the lead into iron, an iron Will!
Later you will forge it all into gold.
Old 22-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Racer X

Lesson 356 ~ Sickness is but another name for sin. Healing is but another name for God. The miracle is thus a call to Him.

Father, You promised You would never fail to answer any call Your Son might make to You. It does not matter where he is, what seems to be his problem, nor what he believes he has become. He is Your Son, and You will answer him. The miracle reflects Your Love, and thus it answers him. Your Name replaces every thought of sin, and who is sinless cannot suffer pain. Your Name gives answer to Your Son, because to call Your Name is but to call his own.
Old 22-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Dean1973

Thanks Racer X - I anticipated something along those lines was on it's way in response to what I wrote ; )

I do appreciate all those thoughts, and although I find I'm hard on myself a lot of the time, which I'm becoming more aware of, there must be some consistency in whatever angle the 'practice' takes, whether mindfulness or conscious surrender.

Loved the 'Learn to accept all experiences' ..
Old 23-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean1973
NightSpirit, I've always loved the lessons, and once one gets into the language, the text is like poetry to me!

Ja, the meaning behind the words and doing your own work for me is when the lessons suggest 'thinking about the lesson', experiencing it, letting related thoughts come to you etc .. I love that.

But I really want to be in them more consistently, I don't know if it's a lack of trust or feeling exhausted by it all or what it is that stops me from moving with the lessons as much as I'd like to ..

Who knows, all I can do is try and try again ..

Chapter 31~The Final Vision~
VIL. The Salviour's Vision

1. Learning is change. Salvation does not seek to use a means as yet too alien to your thinking to be helpful, nor to make the kinds of change you could not recognize. Concepts are needed while perception lasts, and changing concepts is salvation's task. For it must deal in contrasts, not in truth, which has no opposite and cannot change. In this world'sconcepts are the guilty "bad"; the "good" are innocent. And no one here but holds a concept of himself in which he counts the "good" to pardon him the "bad". Nor does he trust the "good" in anyone, believing that the "bad" must lurk behind. This concept emphasizes treachery, and trust becomes impossible. Nor could it change while you perceive the "bad" in you.

I think this speaks for itself regarding your response?