Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 25-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Startingagain84

A slight Premonition of death.

Hi...my boyfriend died 2 years ago, but for a week before hand things were very strange. I listened to his heart beat whilst laying on his chest, and focused on it, I had a couple of thoughts come into my mind of a funeral, and I was walking from the shop, and I visualised a cross, on a table, with a man. I remember shaking it off, and thinking to myself how morbid I was. My mum and sister had an uneasy feeling for that time aswell, but they couldn't place it. On the morning of his death, I remember him leaving without kissing me goodbye properly. I had a strange feeling, and I said to myself that it's not as if Im not going to see him again, that Ill kiss him later. I went on a cleaning frenzy, really intent on blitzing my house for it to be tidy and organised. After his death, I found out from my mum and sister, that they were both up at an unusal hour for them, with an uneasy, unsettled feeling, like they were waiting for something. (It was a weekend, they usually stay in bed relaxing and reading until just before mid day. They were up by 9 and showered by 10.)

I remember the rain, and looking out thinking 'oh no, he must be still out in that'. It was around this time, no more than an hour, after he died on his motorbike.

I just think that, although our premonitions were not clear, something was trying to prepare me for what was about to happen. And my mum and sister were getting ready to support me through the hell.

His funeral arrived, and then there was the wake. I was sat opposite his uncle, and it clicked. this is what I had visualised when I had previously had the image of a cross, the man, and the thought of a funeral. Although there was no cross on the table.

Does this happen to many people? Or is there something about me that is able to be more in tune than I realise I can be? Or was it spirit trying to prepare me in some way for what I was about to go through?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the day before, we were driving from my daughters ballet class, and he had a sort of palpatation. His heart skipped a beat he said, and went very wierd. I don't know. maybe I looked into it too much.

BUT, a couple days after he died, my daughter had a dream that he was there, and gave her a kiss on her head. She was 6 at the time, and told me that it was a dream, but she was awake...that it had to be a dream because he was dead, but that she was awake. She said he had talked to her alot, but she can't remember what he said other than telling her that she is a beautifull little girl. (He is not ehr dad). I would like to open up and experience more of this connection to the afterlife. I just don't know how, as it scares me. I have blocks up so that I don't get scared. Maybe if I hadn't done that I would have been more prepared for him leaving me?
Old 25-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Startingagain84

That didn't come across as anything special really, but I think it was the feelings I had when the slight premonitions came, that pointed me to believe they were premonitions after the event. The kissing goodbye moment, was a slight knowledge that something wasn't right when I thought I will see him later. Like a slight unease, that I didn't normally get.x
Old 25-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Master
Your whole story came across as very special, spiritually and humanly. It's just that lots of folks tend to play down these premonitions. I've had more subtle premonitions, not necessarily about death, but they are usually sidetracked by all the mundane everyday life details, so if these things make you feel closer and feel the love stronger between you and the person, then it's very valuable and a wonderful memory to remind one's self about what is truly important in life. Thank you so much for sharing.

Old 25-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Master
I'm with Silver I think you're down playing your premonitions, and you of course were connected to him, and you could tell something was not right. This by far isn't the same but patients I've worked with for years I'll get the feeling they are going to pass and they do, I think it's just a natural occurance and the experience for you is what you make of it.
xoxox
Spiritlite.
Old 25-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Master
If that's not special, then I don't know what you'd class as special then?

I can't imagine how these premonitions could have prepared you for such a heart-breaking ordeal. In fact, I feel premonitions like these are rather useless.

If you have fears with the idea of afterlife then its probably better not to hassle over it for now. Perhaps further down the track, when you feel ready for exploring it more.
Old 25-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Master
(((Startingagain))). i don't know what to say except ... condolences for the temporary loss of the company of your beloved one.

i don't do the procognition thing very often but when it happens it's pretty strong.

like ... a friend of mine came up to me all joyous. she had just found out she was pregnant. i was pleased for her and gave her a big hug. as i hugged her i got this awlful sinking feeling. i felt there was something not right with the fetus, that pregnancy wouldn't come to term. i didn't say anything to her about my sad promonition. i put on a happy face on her behalf and hoped i was wrong but i wasn't. **sigh**