Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-06-2013, 12:39 AM
AstralAspirer

Meditation for AP facilitation

Hi all. I have heard and read from others that meditation can help facilitate AP efforts. Anyone else like to add their opinion on whether they either have found it conducive or not? If so, how long do you set aside to meditate? And if you do subscribe to the positive correlation why do you think that there is a connection? Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 12:52 AM
groundsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralAspirer
Hi all. I have heard and read from others that meditation can help facilitate AP efforts. Anyone else like to add their opinion on whether they either have found it conducive or not? If so, how long do you set aside to meditate? And if you do subscribe to the positive correlation why do you think that there is a connection? Thanks

Well, I have not astral projected yet, but through all my research, to ap you need to get into a very relaxed state or trance. And this is through meditation. For standard meditation I usually do it early in the mornings and sometime during the day, but I've been using so much energy trying to ap lately I'm taking a short break so I can keep trying. Meditation I think is key for ap.
Old 18-06-2013, 01:00 AM
AstralAspirer

Thanks groundsound. I am also tryin to distinguish between meditation and attempting AP. I have done some meditation yet when I try to AP other than relaxing I do not see much similarity between the two. With mediation I concentrate on having a blank mind without thought. When I attempt AP I instead try to go through visualizations which in my mind inherently contradict meditative practice. Anyone want to weigh in?
Old 18-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Experiencer

I have always had OBEs, but when I started meditating my experiences increased dramatically. Meditation increases your conscious awareness. Increasing your awareness during certain brain wave activity is key to astral projection.
"It will remain remarkable, in what ever way our future concepts may develop, that the very study of the external world led to the scientific conclusion that the content of the consciousness is the ultimate universal reality." -Eugene Wigner, physicist and Nobel Prize winner.
Old 18-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Seeker

Definitely conducive

It helps me a lot with lucid dreaming and OBEs. My experiences are more vivid when I am meditating consistently, and they occur more often. For me, it is all about the awareness you gain from meditation. The awareness that occurs during meditation is analogous to the awareness one needs in order to successfully have LDs/OBEs/APs in my opinion. I wouldn't say it is a requirement, but it supplements the practice a lot.
Old 18-06-2013, 03:13 AM
AstralAspirer

Thanks for the prompt reply. I shall surely try to attain a more consistent meditation practice. Definitely speaks volumes coming from those who have experienced. Best
Old 18-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Guide
Depends on the meditation being performed. If it is in someway conductive to how the particular individual facilitates their astral experience then I thinks it works in those cases while in some other cases it simply trains the mind to focus, which itself is a plus for anyone trying to accomplish projection.

Another percentile will say it doesn't help at all, my inference is that it's because the meditation performed didn't have anything do do with helping their own individual progress.