Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 27-03-2011, 04:33 AM
Nam3lessOne

Writing a story (w/ guidance)

Hello all,
It has been a while since I have done any legitimate posting, or any legitimate mediation on my spirit guides. Its strange how my mind often confuses them within the clutter I face day in and out. ... Just now, I had an interesting idea, spawned from a revelation w/ a guide of mine.

I found myself lying on my couch in the dark this lonely saturday night. I'm at a strange phase in my life: I just acquired by BA in Business Administration, and so I'm almost officially done with college, but I felt uneasy about the future. I felt this... black curtain of suffering, as if to believe the best of my days were over. I've been doing plenty of things to work around this nagging image, and its been slowly lifting the curtain, but its occurred to me that it stems from how limited my social connections are, and feeling like I've not accomplished much despite being imbued with so much raw creative talent.

I decide, in my somber state, to begin to meditate on my guidance on the couch (hopefully this time without major mental distraction). ... I manage to pave past the clutter enough and see something. I saw a pen flash before my eyes, seeming to be a sign telling me to write.

I also saw myself (in several different images) wandering up some stairs w/ white banister, entering an attic with indigo walls, white ceiling, and two comfy chairs. The image of one of my guides is standing at the window.

My guides name is Brendan (aka Bruce), who to me looks a lot like Tom Hardy (the actor who plays Eames in Inception), and is likewise very British.

We end up sitting down face to face and he basically says in ironic tone "Well now. Must be something important seeing you came all the way up here."

I feel the reason for this image was because I've attempted to meditate on guidance plenty before, but never spent the time to get deep into meditation. Lack of commitment.

So, I basically confess my feeling lacking in community. I specifically want to find more individuals who actually cater to more spiritual/supernatural things, rather than me dwelling on an island surrounded by normal agnostic people all day.

... Strange how, as I was lying there after the meditation, I started thinking it through. The curtain wasn't there anymore (or for the time being, I couldn't feel it) and I started putting together the seeds of a story I could potentially start writing.

By no coincidence, the first scene involves a young man lying on a couch by himself in the dark, staring at his closed computer, something bothering him, as he decided to meditate on his guidance to help himself mentally sort it out, and enters the same exact room to see his guide (in the story, his name is Bruce) about something important. The main character could have this one interesting feature about him; while confused spiritually, and while haunted by certain events in his life, he is consistently aware of his spirit guide Bruce, who appears in the story at odd times, and who he speaks about only to few people.

The plot itself I'm not sure about yet, but I felt the situation inspired the characters at least.

Long story short, an idea came to me. Perhaps I could gaze into the idea of writing this story with the direct help and inspiration of guidance, and use certain events from my recent future (as they come) to help define the path of the plot. ^_^

I'm wondering if any of you have organized any joint self/guide co-operation on anything you've done creatively. I'm interested in hearing a story or two (of course, these stories are your and yours alone.).

Old 27-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Thirteen

Inspiration with a bit of tenacity can often carry you to completion. Wish I could write my books.....

I love to write when I can actually find the stillness of mind and calm, and peace to do so. I wish I did more than just plan my stories, but time seems so short right now. Many worries, much stress, mountains to climb.

I think you have a good idea for inspiration. However, you own mind can show you where to go, if you follow its path.

Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files) has the beginnings of a good course on what it takes to write fiction that sells in the genre marketplace, if that is where you want to go. Oldest posts are towards the bottom. However, sometimes we just write for the pleasure of writing. Also, I find just about any book on writing from Jack Bickham is good as well.

Yes, I have used my experiences in life, both spiritual and mundane to write stories, and sometimes just to write down the experience.

May there be much guidance on your journey!
Old 29-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Thirteen

One thing that occured to me.... if your character is yourself, always give yourself a positive ending, no matter what must be endured between beginning and end. My mind kept repeating this to me last night and this morning.
Old 29-03-2011, 03:37 PM
tooty~frooty

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam3lessOne
Hello all,
It has been a while since I have done any legitimate posting, or any legitimate mediation on my spirit guides. Its strange how my mind often confuses them within the clutter I face day in and out. ... Just now, I had an interesting idea, spawned from a revelation w/ a guide of mine.

I found myself lying on my couch in the dark this lonely saturday night. I'm at a strange phase in my life: I just acquired by BA in Business Administration, and so I'm almost officially done with college, but I felt uneasy about the future. I felt this... black curtain of suffering, as if to believe the best of my days were over. I've been doing plenty of things to work around this nagging image, and its been slowly lifting the curtain, but its occurred to me that it stems from how limited my social connections are, and feeling like I've not accomplished much despite being imbued with so much raw creative talent.

I decide, in my somber state, to begin to meditate on my guidance on the couch (hopefully this time without major mental distraction). ... I manage to pave past the clutter enough and see something. I saw a pen flash before my eyes, seeming to be a sign telling me to write.

I also saw myself (in several different images) wandering up some stairs w/ white banister, entering an attic with indigo walls, white ceiling, and two comfy chairs. The image of one of my guides is standing at the window.

My guides name is Brendan (aka Bruce), who to me looks a lot like Tom Hardy (the actor who plays Eames in Inception), and is likewise very British.

We end up sitting down face to face and he basically says in ironic tone "Well now. Must be something important seeing you came all the way up here."

I feel the reason for this image was because I've attempted to meditate on guidance plenty before, but never spent the time to get deep into meditation. Lack of commitment.

So, I basically confess my feeling lacking in community. I specifically want to find more individuals who actually cater to more spiritual/supernatural things, rather than me dwelling on an island surrounded by normal agnostic people all day.

... Strange how, as I was lying there after the meditation, I started thinking it through. The curtain wasn't there anymore (or for the time being, I couldn't feel it) and I started putting together the seeds of a story I could potentially start writing.

By no coincidence, the first scene involves a young man lying on a couch by himself in the dark, staring at his closed computer, something bothering him, as he decided to meditate on his guidance to help himself mentally sort it out, and enters the same exact room to see his guide (in the story, his name is Bruce) about something important. The main character could have this one interesting feature about him; while confused spiritually, and while haunted by certain events in his life, he is consistently aware of his spirit guide Bruce, who appears in the story at odd times, and who he speaks about only to few people.

The plot itself I'm not sure about yet, but I felt the situation inspired the characters at least.

Long story short, an idea came to me. Perhaps I could gaze into the idea of writing this story with the direct help and inspiration of guidance, and use certain events from my recent future (as they come) to help define the path of the plot. ^_^

I'm wondering if any of you have organized any joint self/guide co-operation on anything you've done creatively. I'm interested in hearing a story or two (of course, these stories are your and yours alone.).

The Art Nouveau Tarot Deck - Knight Of Cups

You might want to meditate on this image to get inspiration for your aspirations regarding writing.

I am reminded of someone from outer space who comes to you and offers you something of value, something that brings joy to your inner most passions.

Nothing superficial is the knight of cups.

Symbolises the zodiac of Scorpio.

An extremist with a detached airy perception at times.
Old 29-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Master
Go for it. I can't tell you how much you should go for it.

As an avid writer and aspiring author, I can easily understand where you're coming from. My guides have almost literally poured ideas into my head. I have around 45 ideas for novels or novel series. It's insane. I have a list of them on my PC.. Sometimes, I wonder, "Are you guys going to stop?" But it's obvious this is what I'm supposed to be doing. The urge to write and share with the world is incredibly strong.

So go with your gut. If you feel this story must be birthed, then you write away. Write, write, write.

Also - if you're looking for inspiration, why not ask your guide for some in the form of a dream? I do that frequently and get some interesting results...