Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Seeker

Question How can I avoid astral projection and obe's?

So last year I was really into lucid dreaming. I started from the bottom by improving my dream recall, doing lots of reality checks throughout the day, using mantras and so on. It took me about 10 weeks to have my first one. But it wasn't really the right technique for me. Then I tried the wake back to bed + WILD technique. And I found out that it was really easy for me to induce sleep paralysis. All I had to do was wake up early, lie completely still and after about 5 minutes, sleep paralysis kicked in. Then I just had to open my eyes and I was inside my dream. I had somewhere between 5-10 lucid dreams every week and I got quite addicted to it. Until everything changed. One morning, I induced sleep paralysis again and I heard this growling noise so I opened my eyes and I saw this shadow figure/creature standing in front of my bed. Then I felt my astral body leaving my physical body. I obviously panicked and all of a sudden, I woke up. I convinced myself it wasn't real and that it was just a hallucination. A week later, I decided to give it another try and this time I heard voices and I sensed other beings around me. I couldn't make out what they were saying but it felt like they really wanted me to leave my body. I panicked again and I woke up. After that happened, I quit everything regarding lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, out-of-body experiences and astral projection. Just because I was too afraid to continue.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that (lucid) dreams take place inside of your head. So it's completely safe. And astral projection/out-of-body experiences take place in the astral plane/ spirit world. And we all know that there are so many different beings out there. From ghosts to angels to demons. I really want to start having lucid dreams again and as I said before, the MILD technique isn't really for me. But when I induce sleep paralysis, I'm afraid that I'll have an OBE instead of a lucid dream. Is there anything I can do to avoid that? Also the main reason why I'm so afraid of it, is because I suffer from anxiety and depression so when I'm out there, I'm pretty sure my vibration will be quite low and then I will attract negative beings. And I really don't want that to happen. I feel like there's a small line between lucid dreaming & astral projection when it comes to sleep paralysis.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Pathfinder
From what ive been told, those things you saw cannot harm you and they are all a figure of your imagination :)
Old 10-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Knower
Do not be afraid. The worst that can happen is the worst that can happen. From my studies what holds true for all who experience this sort of thing.

1) there is a tether to your body.. some have referred to it as a chain, or a spirit ribbon, other simply a silver cord. This ribbon can only be broken by the death of your physical self. Your body and soul on this plane of existence are inexorably bound. Separate and yet very much the same thing.

2) none can harm you. The influence something has on you is one that you allow. This is true here and now, and in theory is mirrored in the other realms.

What else did you feel and experience?

Just a philosophical question for you. No need to answer I just feel that it applies and wish to pose it. You stated you believe yourself safe in lucid dreams because that is in your head. My question is, what is real and what makes one experience more or less real than another?
Old 11-03-2015, 12:14 AM
GregoryScott

It’s possibly you are being faced with your fears. So whatever fears you hold within, whether you’re aware of them or not, are possibly coming forth. DO NOT BE AFRAID, you are only facing the self in this aspect. It doesn’t matter if they are illusionary or an actual entity; just know you are SO much stronger than them and they have no right to force themselves upon you. They such as you must abide by the laws of freewill. Whatever state of mind you are in at the moment of these encounters is sort of like a frequency beacon to other entities; if you are filled with love, joy etc this is what you’ll attract. Love & Light with you always...
Old 11-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Knower

To my understanding OBE's lucid dreams astral projection are all the same thing just different ways to get there. When we sleep we actually astral project but we're just not aware of it, I'm almost certain you are projecting your fears when you hear see shadows, they are at your command to do what you tell them to, the problem is that if your belief is that they may hurt you, then you may manifest just that as panic, anxiety

My two cents
Old 11-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Experiencer
Both astral projection and lucid dreams are completely safe and they are both the same thing except with different degrees or types of awareness. One can, for example AP just by increasing awareness during a LD. Don't be afraid of these beings! They can be your fears being projected and they are there for you to overcome them. If you remain trusting, confident and positive, you'll resonate with higher levels where scary beings won't bother you. It's all a learning experience.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringMeTheHorizon
Also the main reason why I'm so afraid of it, is because I suffer from anxiety and depression so when I'm out there, I'm pretty sure my vibration will be quite low and then I will attract negative beings. And I really don't want that to happen.
That is the key. So many people make the mistake of projecting when there are still negative thoughts or emotions inside. If you are anxious or depressed - and it happens to all of us from time to time - then it is essential to deal with that first, before thinking about projecting.

If you have negative emotions when projecting, then your spiritual "frequency" will take you to those levels of the astral which suit such feelings. But if you purify yourself before projecting, thinking only of positive emotions such as love and compassion, then you will naturally gravitate to a level of the astral which is in harmony with your current spirituality.

There is nothing to fear - if you have no fear....Nothing can harm you - if you have no space for such thoughts. Negative entities are only attracted to those who feel negative emotions.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC

There is nothing to fear - if you have no fear....Nothing can harm you - if you have no space for such thoughts. Negative entities are only attracted to those who feel negative emotions.

When we are negative we make easy targets for anyone or anything to come in and exacerbate things.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:37 PM
GregoryScott

I truly understand where you’re coming from my friend. At the age 21 I reached a breaking point to where I could no longer handle the world as I saw it. I knew there was something so amazing inside me fighting fiercely to get out and had absolutely no idea what to do. Somehow some way I had come across a book on meditation. At this point, for me, I had only one option; I had to forget everything I thought I knew about the world and start all over. Meditation truly saved my life! As I began my practice my depression went from 24 hours a day to 23 hours a day and so on, until I had completely rid my system of the dark energy around and within me. Yes, you will be faced with your fears but trust me you ALWAYS have guides watching you. Although they will not intervene upon your freewill, unless it’s absolutely necessary; but in this case you may still have to ask for their help. After about 6 months or so you will see a great change in not just yourself but in the entire world. Then try your projections again; I swear to you that you will see a totally different universe.
Old 14-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi
Just a philosophical question for you. No need to answer I just feel that it applies and wish to pose it. You stated you believe yourself safe in lucid dreams because that is in your head. My question is, what is real and what makes one experience more or less real than another?

Well whenever I'm lucid, my dream characters are like zombies. They just walk around and mind their own business, unless I control or interact with them. Also when I look at my hands, they look deformed. Light switches don't work in my dreams and when I'm trying to read something, the text is always blurry or distorted. My lucid dreams feel real but yet fake at the same time?

But when I've had those out-of-body experiences, it was very real and vivid to me. I had no control over those beings whatsoever. I could see my room clearly, like I could even read the text on all of my band posters. And in a dream, I've never been able to read anything. So that's why I feel those 2 things are different from each other. Also when I had those obe's, I could feel my astral body leaving and I think that's what made it very real to me