Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-02-2015, 07:05 PM
BigBadBeef

Unhappy Don't have trouble AP, having trouble remembering it...

I have had 2 spontaneous astral projections in my adult life (don't know about childhood, didn't put much stock into it at the time):

- First time it was a false awakening where I blasted my own house with a lightning bolt, the shock of my thoughts coming true caused me to instantly wake up from it.

- Second time I somehow witnessed the Hama massacre in Syria. I know it was that because somehow during the AP I knew I was in syria, then I just googled the details and found out what it was. I saw tanks with flame throwers getting ready to cook some people running out from the sewers I woke up just before the barbecure began, it was really unpleasant.

But the thing is, when I try to do it consciously, I seem to be having trouble remembering it. I start hearing voices, feel like I'm sinking towards them as they start to get louder then feel some weird swoosh and "back" again.

Does anyone have anything to say about it?
Old 16-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBeef
I have had 2 spontaneous astral projections in my adult life (don't know about childhood, didn't put much stock into it at the time):

- First time it was a false awakening where I blasted my own house with a lightning bolt, the shock of my thoughts coming true caused me to instantly wake up from it.

- Second time I somehow witnessed the Hama massacre in Syria. I know it was that because somehow during the AP I knew I was in syria, then I just googled the details and found out what it was. I saw tanks with flame throwers getting ready to cook some people running out from the sewers I woke up just before the barbecure began, it was really unpleasant.

But the thing is, when I try to do it consciously, I seem to be having trouble remembering it. I start hearing voices, feel like I'm sinking towards them as they start to get louder then feel some weird swoosh and "back" again.

You simply have to try and remember as much as you can for example your dreams, then you will train your mind.
Old 16-02-2015, 08:10 PM
BigBadBeef

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, like somebody put up a [censored] sign upon "entry".
Old 17-02-2015, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:

In the beginning you should keep your projections as short as possible because the longer you spend out the higher the chances of the projection turning into a non-lucid dream and/or you forgetting the experience itself. Over time with more projections you can try increasing the length of them and after doing so if you start to forget the experiences then you will want to go back a bit and make them shorter once again. Also keeping a dream/projection journal is very helpful in your dream and projection recall. You should always sleep and meditate with a journal near you so that the second you are back in the physical dimension and physical body after a dream or projection has ended you can jot down some quick words that will help refresh your memory of the experience at a later time. Then when you are done sleeping or meditating you can go back to the journal and use the words you wrote down to write down the entire experience, this over time will increase your recall.
Old 17-02-2015, 08:11 AM
BigBadBeef

You still don't understand, there is nothing to extend from, nothing to begin with. You say to write something down when there is nothing to write down to begin with.

What you are proposing is the mathematical equivalent of multiplying zero by twenty... 0*20 still equals zero!

Still, I am not frustrated by the apparent lack of progress, I meant the whole topic more as something for you to comment on rather than try and help me... still, I appreciate the effort. Its obvious that I am not yet ready to throw the rulebook out the window.
Old 18-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Gracey

Quote:

Welcome to my world, save I do it consciously as well and I remember.
Old 19-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Master
Quote:
You still don't understand, there is nothing to extend from, nothing to begin with. You say to write something down when there is nothing to write down to begin with.

What you are proposing is the mathematical equivalent of multiplying zero by twenty... 0*20 still equals zero!

Still, I am not frustrated by the apparent lack of progress, I meant the whole topic more as something for you to comment on rather than try and help me... still, I appreciate the effort. Its obvious that I am not yet ready to throw the rulebook out the window.
If there is nothing to remember then how do you know you are astral projecting?
Old 19-02-2015, 11:20 AM
BigBadBeef

Well if you run off the road in your car, down a cliff and the next thing you remember is that you're in the hospital, how do you know you've dropped off a cliff in your car?
Old 19-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Well if you run off the road in your car, down a cliff and the next thing you remember is that you're in the hospital, how do you know you've dropped off a cliff in your car?
I'm not saying you aren't or weren't astral projecting but your analogy really doesn't reflect true for astral projection. If you aren't remembering anything then how do you know for a fact that you are or are not astral projecting? If you're unable to remember anything no matter what you try then I think the next logical deduction would be that maybe you're not projecting. Once again I'm not trying to tell you whether you are or are not astral projecting but if I was in your situation I would be highly skeptical of whether I was or was not projecting if I continuously time and time again cannot remember one spec of the experiences. If you run your car off the road, down a cliff, and the next thing you remember is you're in the hospital you still have evidence that you were in an accident. Your car is missing and is damaged and you're in a hospital. It isn't the same with astral projecting because when you have a projection you come back to this dimension and body in the same location as you were prior to the projection, and the only thing that has changed is internal and based on the experience that you remember. So the only evidence you have that you projected is the projection itself. And with that said I think the next logical assumption would be that maybe things aren't going as it appears. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because I understand that you want to project or at least remember your projections and if what you have been doing so far hasn't worked then obviously it's time to try something else, and that could possibly include the way you're viewing things such as what you're perceiving as projections. Technically speaking an astral projection is a conscious experience, and so if you're not conscious during the projection then more or less it would be considered a dream. That doesn't mean it's any less valid or any less real though. And I cannot understand how someone who is conscious during a projection cannot remember one spec of the experience, so I think looking at it a little deeper is a good idea personally.
Old 19-02-2015, 01:13 PM
BigBadBeef

Alright, I'll be direct. Twice it happened by accident, and both times I knew what it felt like just before it happened.