Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
1+1+1 = 1 you mean or do you mean 1+1 = 1 or 1 = 1.
I mean that I got bored with the mentality and decided to make myself smile by being a smartass. Apparently there is nothing that isn't God so this whole thread then becomes...... That makes the equation 1, or One if God is The One and has taken the title from Neo in The Matrix.

The highest, widest and most impenetrable barrier to understanding God is people's beliefs and ego. As in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophatic_theology

"The apophatic or negative way stresses God's absolute transcendence and unknowability in such a way that we cannot say anything about the divine essence because God is so totally beyond being. The dual concept of the immanence and transcendence of God can help us to understand the simultaneous truth of both "ways" to God: at the same time as God is immanent, God is also transcendent. At the same time as God is knowable, God is also unknowable. God cannot be thought of as one or the other only. "

Apophatic vs Cataphatic Theology:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataphatic_theology

Fanfare, ticker-tape parade and cheerleaders please.

Where that falls down is in binary thinking, column thinking and downright survival because people don't want their hard-own beliefs to be destabilised.

The pre-Taoists called it Triplex Unity where there is this, there is that and their is both. The trouble with that is that it leads - via the visualisation of Sacred Geometry - four-dimensional thinking. God being just this and not that is binary thinking - either/or, digital. Let's not forget that there is no separation, so there is no 1+1 there is just One.

In quantum consciousness God exists because there is an observer to observe his existence - which is where the riddle of the branch falling and making a noise or not comes from, I'd think. If there was no observer there would be no God. Hurrah, now we know the secret of God's existence can we get on with something more interesting? I was watching this soap opera yesterday and.....

But here's the really bonkers thing. If you read Genesis the right way and specifically the Garden of Eden it reflects quantum consciousness if you know what you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
why do I feel so strongly to this. But I have seen enough to ask, is God learning to. I feel so strongly about some things and argue with people and God all the time.
One of the main issues for the understanding of God is that Western Spirituality is based on the Christian concept of God, which comes either from Sumerian mythology or Zoroaster/Zarathustra, depending on what you believe. In the days pre-Constantine there were two schools of thought that co-existed together, albeit not always happily. There was what was to become the Christians who believed in God Without as in the Sky Daddy, and the Gnostic God Within. Jesus was a Gnostic by the way.

Modern Spirituality is based on Christianity and God Without, and this is the prevalent model for the belief in God. The other barrier is the binary thinking. This is the framework this whole thread has come from and I'm guessing also Shivani's quote, and it also goes some way to move past binary thinking.

The feelings you're having is a 'pointer' that you have Gnosis - the simplest meaning is knowing without knowing how you know.
Old 15-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
So, to added infinity/eternity to God + You = One:
The mathematical expression is:
yeah, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
And in this case isn't that 1+1=One?
...and.....

Quote:
Correct mathematical formula for this context -God and you are One is :

(1+1)/2=1

We stopped talking about God as soon as you put your fingers on the keyboard to type the OP.
Old 15-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Sometimes no answer is the answer.

I used to work in mental health and sometimes the voices inside people's heads were the most intuitive, and interestingly enough more people hear voices in their heads than would care to admit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsYd08wQGiI
My 'voices' are more along the lines of intrusive thoughts, with the emphasis on intrusive! It hits me like a bolt out of the blue and drops me to my knees...So, if want to "be myself" here..

The reason why God exists, is so that I can identify with Him in His aspect as Lord Shiva and pour my heart and soul out in His presence...As for any OTHER reason why, IDGAF.

Now, before I nod off, I shall go light a candle to an image of my dearest Bhairava Shiva and fall asleep to the glorious sounds of 21 Brahmins from Benares chanting the Rudram and Purusha Shuktam, whilst giving the middle finger to anybody who says that I am delusional...like the good Aghori that I am, regardless of what anybody else tries to convince me that I am, because I'm already fully aware of it and don't need anybody else, for I have everything that I require.

Quote:
people don't want their hard-own beliefs to be destabilised..

Let's just say that Hades would have to freeze over before mine can be....and not giving a rats hiney what anybody else thinks about what I believe in helps (when they don't really give a s*** anyway!)

Goodnight...oh and one more thing...

AUM NAMAH SHIVAYA.
Old 15-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
My 'voices' are more along the lines of intrusive thoughts, with the emphasis on intrusive! It hits me like a bolt out of the blue and drops me to my knees...So, if want to "be myself" here..
It's all you.

Quote:
The reason why God exists, is so that I can identify with Him in His aspect as Lord Shiva and pour my heart and soul out in His presence...As for any OTHER reason why, IDGAF.
Exactly.

Quote:
Now, before I nod off, I shall go light a candle to an image of my dearest Bhairava Shiva and fall asleep to the glorious sounds of 21 Brahmins from Benares chanting the Rudram and Purusha Shuktam, whilst giving the middle finger to anybody who says that I am delusional...like the good Aghori that I am, regardless of what anybody else tries to convince me that I am, because I'm already fully aware of it and don't need anybody else, for I have everything that I require.

Goodnight...oh and one more thing...

AUM NAMAH SHIVAYA.
Aum Mane Padme Hum, which according to Lobsange Rampa means "All hail to the Jewel of the Lotus," where God is the lotus and the jewel is us. "AUM" being the most complete vibratory expression the human voice is capable of, and therein lies the understanding.

Sweet dreams, always and in all ways.
Old 15-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey there Moonglow

Christianity is the stage or the context in which certain things are played out, and I think if it hadn't been for Christianity you would have found yourself in a similar context just the same, on a similar stage. You are not a Christian Soul, Moonglow, you are a beautiful Soul.

Very often the problem - and in the context of of trying to find the wisdom - is that we don't go beneath the layers of dust and in this thread it has become the highest of barriers. In asking why God exists we're not even using any common sense, we're deliberately ignoring so much so we can have what, an intellectually egoic discussion? That we can put on our Spiritual Sunday best and wax cleverly about God?

If we don't know ourselves, how can we possibly know God? And if we're looking at God what are we looking away from within ourselves?

So here we are, a short time away from Christmas which is supposed to be a time for peace, Love and good will to all men. And women, and the gender-neutral, and those for whom their gender is not assumed. Eighteen pages of everything that isn't peace, love and good will to.... everybody. If we actually knew what God was perhaps we'd put our differences aside and say "Hey dude/dudess, Love you too."

It's one thing to know the Word of God, it's something very different again to become the embodiment of Word of God.

But perhaps the Spiritual awareness is not in knowing the reason why God exists but in coming to the self-awareness of understanding what the hell we think we're doing in coming up with the question in the first place? And yes Moonglow, the power play is still very much in operation two thousand years later because guess what? Spiritual evolution is a wonderful thing.

The seeker is always that which is sought, and however and whatever we think that God is or isn't is how the concept of God exists in our reality.

Hey Greenslade,

I don't feel my soul to be a Christian soul, or any soul for that matter.
Find it interesting to notice with in myself certain attractions to periods in history and interests in some beliefs.

It leads me to wonder if all is connected and the soul lives multiple life times, then how much is carried over to this life being lived/experienced?

Mostly the Christian influence in this life is due to my upbringing and living in a mostly Christian based society. Another topic perhaps?

Upon looking at the social and personal influences venture to say may create how God may be perceived and defined or not.

So may not be why God exists as much as understanding how God exists. For feel that is mostly what gets expressed. Attempting to define it. Which seems a personal thing and experience.

Yes, agendas also can play into this. Some perhaps to gain power, some to share what one may feel.

So, it seems what has influenced one through experiences, what may be with in ones general makeup, what may be passed down on a soul level, may all form an image of some kind in oneself.

Wonder what is really being defended or attempting to understand. Seems God does what it will do and may not control this. If looked at God being the Creater/nature/formless taking form. Humans seem to be the only being here on Earth that question such.

Does a tree question its existence, does a Bear, or any other creature or being?
Yet, Humans seem a curious bunch. I include myself here. We have the gift to create and imagine beyond our own selves. Yet, it returns to the self to interpret, evaluate, and understand. Which I find pretty cool, but also leads to diversity in these insights and thoughts.

To me to understand why anything exist have to understand what that...is to begin with. Seems what is found with in and reflected without forms the existence of....
Old 15-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Master
Hello,

Douglas Adams's: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy refers to the mathematical answer to the meaning of life being 42
Playing with the meaning of life leading to why God exist.

42 can be translated to be MATH.

If you take the numerical value of each letter it adds up to 42
M=13, A=1, T=20, H=8

13+1+20+8=42

This was told to me by co-worker once and found it funny.

God could exist or not because the numbers add up and equals the proposed answer/theory/concept or equation.

Just having a little fun here.

Personally not big on mathematics. My mind doesn't seem to be geared to operate this way very well.
Old 15-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color " G " od > God > god

Quote:
Why does GOD exist?

God = eternally existent, finite, occupied Space Uni-V-erse.

There is no reason/purpose for the God/Universe existence

The metaphysical-1, mind/intellect God exists as placebo effect for some people. Placebo effect has been shown in some lab experiements to be effective 10% of time

Each individual will have their own set of reasons --or not-- for the existence of the existence of their conceptual God.

1} helps them to find order from what appears to them to be an environment of disorder,

2} to be accepted in a community of shared believers specifially defined God, see myriad of differrent relgions,

3} because their have not been able to find truth in these regards are happy to go along with the conditioning passed onto them by their parents and perhaps their religous peers,

4} pagan local and special-case gods of river, air, sun, moon, etc.

" G "od > God > god

" G " od = Most inclusive set of metaphysical-1 God and God/Uni-V-erse and local special-case gods{ small g }

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 16-12-2018, 04:24 AM
Master
hmm I really like a thread I recently discovered in the Death & Afterlife section (an area of the forum I never planned to frequent, but I randomly clicked it while it was on the main forum page as the last thread posted in and woah I am glad I did) written by Spirit Guide Sparrow and think that there would be a lovely answer in there, but I'll try to come up with my own answer here too.

It seems like such a silly question, so surface level, yet infinitely deep... I think that God exists for the same reason that we exist essentially. that is to nurture and treat our creations. perhaps that is all I have to say? well, also to teach or foster our creations creating more creations. So God exists to create creations that create creations and enjoy and experience and create together.

how's that?
Old 16-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
bhow's that?

Change = creation?

If so, then it is significant to also know, that, there exist limits of what can exist via change/creation.

Ex there can only exist 5 regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedra of Universe. So change/creation does not allow any more polyhedra within those paremeters of regular/symmetrical.

On a greaer whole this also holds true. Whenever we hear people make comments like 'anything is possible', they really have no idea what their talking about.

Anything is not possible, irrespective of how many times people claim otherwise.

change is eternal but what can be created --changed into-- is limited.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 21-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hey Greenslade,

I don't feel my soul to be a Christian soul, or any soul for that matter.
Find it interesting to notice with in myself certain attractions to periods in history and interests in some beliefs.

It leads me to wonder if all is connected and the soul lives multiple life times, then how much is carried over to this life being lived/experienced?

Mostly the Christian influence in this life is due to my upbringing and living in a mostly Christian based society. Another topic perhaps?

Upon looking at the social and personal influences venture to say may create how God may be perceived and defined or not.

So may not be why God exists as much as understanding how God exists. For feel that is mostly what gets expressed. Attempting to define it. Which seems a personal thing and experience.

Yes, agendas also can play into this. Some perhaps to gain power, some to share what one may feel.

So, it seems what has influenced one through experiences, what may be with in ones general makeup, what may be passed down on a soul level, may all form an image of some kind in oneself.

Wonder what is really being defended or attempting to understand. Seems God does what it will do and may not control this. If looked at God being the Creater/nature/formless taking form. Humans seem to be the only being here on Earth that question such.

Does a tree question its existence, does a Bear, or any other creature or being?
Yet, Humans seem a curious bunch. I include myself here. We have the gift to create and imagine beyond our own selves. Yet, it returns to the self to interpret, evaluate, and understand. Which I find pretty cool, but also leads to diversity in these insights and thoughts.

To me to understand why anything exist have to understand what that...is to begin with. Seems what is found with in and reflected without forms the existence of....
Hi there Moonglow

Sometimes that labels help us identify who and what we are sometimes, they help us understand sometimes. It's easy to feel isolated and alone sometimes and that's not a good feeling, until someone says "Hey kiddo, you're an Old Soul." For a time it falls intro place and you resonate with something, and that helps you make sense of so much. But it's not always a label, sometimes people need something external to themselves as confirmation. We're all human after all.

It depends on how you perceive Past Lives, if there is no time then are they past at all if the past doesn't exist? And if you are resonating with certain time periods then is that just whimsical fancy or is there something deeper?

At one time Catholicism was prevalent in Europe, and indeed it had a stranglehold on Europe until the Renaissance. The Pagan cultures that existed were systematically wiped out - as were many other non-Christian religions and if you weren't a Christian you were risking your Life. Then the Americas were discovered, the Spanish mainly heading for South America and other European Christians heading for the USA. It all comes to you and your Christian up-bringing. Had it not been for Constantine and his idea to use religion as a political tool you would have been a Pagan and this conversation would have been "Why does the God of the harvest exist?"

If you don't know where you've come from you don't know where you're going.

The whole question ceased to be Spiritual at the very first post and it's never been Spiritual since, it's mentality and agenda no matter how Spiritually elegant people wax - because waxing Spiritually elegant can be just as egoic. The bottom line is that everybody has their agenda.