Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 21-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Master
'Slip him a note' just came to my mind.

Maybe next time you see him give him a note or put one in his coat pocket or something just a point of communication - nothing serious. Maybe something like 'I agreed with you when you said blah-blah" or "I like your new hair cut" or "Is the new Star Wars movie any good - have you seen it yet?"
or if you really wanna get personal maybe something like "When I'm old enough to date I'd like to date a guy like you cause I think there's more under the surface than what you show when around my brother and your friends".

It seems easier than trying to forget about a guy you are obviously attracted too.
Old 22-12-2015, 02:06 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
'Slip him a note' just came to my mind.
I thought about that, actually - I think that's kind of where I was coming from mentally when I gave him my contact info. So, good idea :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
It seems easier than trying to forget about a guy you are obviously attracted too.
Yes.... I'm trying my best but it's surprisingly difficult! I keep telling myself I'm just overreacting to a little bit of attention from a guy, and that it's not him, it's just that I liked the connection. But I've talked to many guys over the course of my life - I even talked to several the night I met this guy - and not one of them has had the same effect. Not one. Even guys who I knew had a crush on me had no effect. One of the guys I talked to that same night is also very good looking, but there was zero connection and it didn't affect me at all when he talked to me. Left my mind 2 minutes later.

With this guy, I'm going on 2 months here. I keep telling myself to forget it and it's nothing, but I just don't believe it. It just makes no sense.

My mom said that maybe he hasn't added me on social media because he just created the account and probably wants to get some of his guy friends on his list before he adds me, so people won't question why one of his first friends is a girl he barely knows....

She also said he might not want it to look like he was looking for me. I guess we'll find out, if he adds me.... otherwise I'm trying to stop thinking about it.

I try not to look at his page at all, but whenever I see his picture there's this little voice in the back of my mind that says, "Hey, don't give up on this guy... just wait."
Old 22-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
In circumstances such as this - fear of rejection (non-acceptance) is a big one...

Yes, a shame when it's like that - usually because people set their expectations so high, entailing as that does rather a big presumption. Better if someone could cultivate the attitude "so what if I get a rebuff - does it really matter? It could turn out I don't like the person after all."

Nonetheless the idea of precipitating something (re the last few comments) should answer Plumeria's question once and for all.
Old 22-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Better if someone could cultivate the attitude "so what if I get a rebuff - does it really matter? It could turn out I don't like the person after all."

I totally agree!