Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Knower
Am I linking somehow to him?

There's this guy I met recently at my work who is really nice and always says hello, I genuinely think he's a great guy but i'm in a relationship already so i'm trying not to think about him. For some reason since last wednsday I can't stop thinking about him. When i'm working, on the bus, just woke up, in my dreams, EVERYWHERE. There is something very strange about him that I can't put my finger on.

I feel like i'm a very strong empath. I can feel the emotions very strongly of almost everyone/everything I meet and i'm good at sensing how people are feeling so regularly I have to put up a shield to separate my emotions from everyone elses. I'm wondering if the reason I can't stop thinking of him is because he's thinking of me? Like some kind of link. That sounds very arrogant but i've literally tried the strongest protection shield I can muster and I can't stop thinking of him! I'm in an open relationship so it means i'm not really tied down to my partner but at the same time doesn't mean I want to go off galloping with some random guy I hardly talk to. I'm not gonna lie, this feeling, i'm totally infatuated with him. I've wanted to talk to him but to shy too, there's just something extremely alluring. It's frustrating XD I feel like all my willpower/strength of mind is totally just dissolved around him. I want to know more about him.

Anyone have a clue about whats going on? I've never felt this way before, i'm mixed with guilt (because i'm in a relationship), sadness, happiness, it's like my emotions are spinning off the dial XD I want to stop thinking about him so I can get on with things but my thoughts just trail back to him. I read something about a global consciousness that it's possible if you're thinking of someone they're thinking of you too, kind of like a quantum wifi, the signal from you goes to them and vice versa. Is this possible or is it something else?
Old 21-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Lorelyen

Depends how much of a "free spirit" you feel yourself to be. If you're in an open relationship (which by its nature is hedging against commitment) go with your heart.

The only problem is relationships at work. So many potential problems. Were you to get physically involved and the whole workplace knew it would be difficult to undo without turning sour...possibly even prompting one of you to leave. Then again, what's his attitude toward women? If "he seduced you" or you him, how would his behaviour change toward you? Would he try to dominate/control your interactions at work.

As you say (and rightly admit) you're infatuated. So don't inadvertently tread in a mess! Empath you may be but be sure you've got it right. It's very chancy when you're romantically swept off your feet - a temptation to project your emotions onto someone and see the reflection through rose-coloured specs...

But then, if you're ok with all these things, go with the flow. At least you'll get it off your chest, so to speak. If you're in an open relationship there's a tacit understanding is that it isn't permanent anyway. I think you should explain to your situation to the guy (at work) at the earliest chance if you date, so you don't mislead him. Who knows? He might be in the same thing.

Then you must evaluate where your current relationship is at. What would it cost you emotion-wise?

A bit of a trade-off to ponder over Christmas And may it be a merry one!
Old 21-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Knower
Everything else i've thought over alot already and we're already at an agreement in our relationship that it's ok to see other people. I won't go into the details but it's better this way trust me :) It's complicated but we're happy. I'm just wondering if this guy is thinking of me, I feel so terrible, i'm so shy I can't even look at him sometimes and wish I'd just said a simple hello lol