Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 13-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
The same thoughts ran through my head when he (OP) mentioned that he had a cat... Thanks for stating it the way you did...

You're very welcome, wolfgaze. It is nice to know we had the same thoughts...

love and light,
serene
Old 23-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah

My plan is to stop forcing people to care about me when they really don't, and I am not going to seek people and I'm not going to seek love from others anymore, instead I am going to find self reliance and self acceptance.
Maybe here is your answer. You radiate neediness towards your friends, and there is not much else more off putting than this in any relationship except that between tiny baby and his/her mother.
Relationships should be for fun, not to plug up each others insecurities. We each have to learn to soothe ourselves, to appreciate ourselves and to love ourselves. others will simply mirror back to us what we believe about ourselves (what we truly believe, not what we want to believe.) Once you practice loving yourself for a while, you might be able to enjoy other relationships as well. Yes, I meant other, because relationship with yourself is the most important relationship you will ever have, and the most stable too.
Old 23-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Master
I've been a hermit without human interaction for about 20 years now. The only people I ever talk to on an irregular basis is my mum and a few of her friends from her senior citizens club (I am hosting a lunch for them on the 26th).

I have Asperger's Disorder, I am anti-social and impossible to live with. I value my own freedom, independence, privacy and not having to justify my whereabouts or whatabouts to anybody else. I find others just have unrealistic expectations of me and leave when they find out I am nothing like they thought I was. I am stubborn, self-righteous and recalcitrant, but that's just how I am and I don't feel like 'being myself' whenever society also goes 'no, not like that'.

Yes, it does get lonely from time to time and I miss the basic companionship and I also hate the thought that if I die, it will take them weeks to realise I have and find my body. I also miss having people to complain to when I feel sick.

I have my puppy dog...I have my 'ghosts'...they help pull me through this and fill in the gaps, but I often wish I could be a social creature like other people, but it just wasn't meant to be...not in this lifetime anyway.

So, I spend a lot of time on forums like this, reaching out for any human interaction I can get.
Old 23-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I've been a hermit without human interaction for about 20 years now. The only people I ever talk to on an irregular basis is my mum and a few of her friends from her senior citizens club (I am hosting a lunch for them on the 26th).

I have Asperger's Disorder, I am anti-social and impossible to live with. I value my own freedom, independence, privacy and not having to justify my whereabouts or whatabouts to anybody else. I find others just have unrealistic expectations of me and leave when they find out I am nothing like they thought I was. I am stubborn, self-righteous and recalcitrant, but that's just how I am and I don't feel like 'being myself' whenever society also goes 'no, not like that'.

Yes, it does get lonely from time to time and I miss the basic companionship and I also hate the thought that if I die, it will take them weeks to realise I have and find my body. I also miss having people to complain to when I feel sick.

I have my puppy dog...I have my 'ghosts'...they help pull me through this and fill in the gaps, but I often wish I could be a social creature like other people, but it just wasn't meant to be...not in this lifetime anyway.

So, I spend a lot of time on forums like this, reaching out for any human interaction I can get.

You need to mix it a bit.

The internet is no substitute for some interaction........just as much as you want.