Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-04-2023, 02:47 PM
What some saints have said about Heaven

St. John the Evangelist in Revelation 21

''It has a great, high wall with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels. … The city is pure gold, clear as glass.
The foundations of the wall of the city are adorned with every jewel … each of the gates is a singlepearl, and the street of the city
is pure gold, transparent as glass. … Its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb...''

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-04-2023, 04:46 PM
Angel1 Beyond copyright laws :)

Sister Faustina, now Saint Faustina, fr Poland, wrote in 1936:

Today I was in heaven, in spirit, and I saw its inconceivable beauties and the happiness that awaits us after death.
I saw how all creatures give ceaseless praise and glory to God.
I saw how great is happiness in God, which spreads to all creatures, making them happy; and then all the glory and praise which springs
from this happiness returns to its source; and they enter into the depths of God, contemplating the inner life of God, the Father, the Son,
and the Holy Spirit, whom they will never comprehend or fathom.
This source of happiness is unchanging in its essence, but it is always new, gushing forth happiness for all creatures.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-04-2023, 08:34 PM
Paul sees life in heaven as the life for the believer who receives the glory from God.
It is for those with God. They will receive the fullness of glory.

Old 18-04-2023, 11:14 PM
St. Augustine: There, good will shall be so ordered in us that we shall have no other desire than to remain there eternally.

Teresa of Avila: In light of heaven, the worst suffering on earth will be seen to be no more serious than one night in an inconvenient hotel.

Old 19-04-2023, 03:56 AM
*I probably should have said I intended for this to be a hopeful,
positive thread about Heaven - nothing negative. My bad.

Old 19-04-2023, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Miss Hepburn started this thread as a positive place negativity has no place in this thread, please be mindful of that

Namaste
Old 19-04-2023, 10:26 AM
Master

I feel that there is not ONE definite place called Heaven but rather a place that we imagine it to be. Our imagination of it becomes our reality.

I have read that whatever you think and feel at death, will become your reality on the other side.

That is the conclusion that I have come to after years of research on this subject.

But of course just my opinion.
Old 19-04-2023, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I feel that there is not ONE definite place called Heaven but rather a place that we imagine it to be. Our imagination of it becomes our reality.
I have read that whatever you think and feel at death, will become your reality on the other side.
I also believe Heaven is a state of mind
My John (Saint John Rigby) spoke of a ladder on which He climbed, each 'Rung' represented various states of His mind as He got closer to Heaven.... A Simple explanation from a Man who firmly believed He wouldn't slip down a 'Rung' regardless .....
Old 19-04-2023, 01:23 PM
Smile

Not sure if St John of the Cross said these words ...but it is said that he
talked on this:
If we want to experience Heaven sooner rather than putting it off for later, the most important thing is prayer –
time spent in friendship with God.

...the most important thing to God is: attentiveness to Him and the continual exercise of love for him.

Old 19-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

During the time of reclusion he had a wondrous vision, when, like the Apostle Paul, whether in the body or out of the body, he was taken up to the heavenly realm. This is how he described it to the novice John Tikhonov: “Now I will tell you about poor Seraphim! One time, while reading in the Gospels of John the words of the Savior that in His Father’s house are many mansions (Jn. 14:2), I, a poor one, stopped at this thought and wished I could see the heavenly dwellings. Five days and nights I spent in vigil and prayer, asking the Lord to bless me with that vision. And the Lord, truly, in his great mercy did not withhold the consolation of my faith, and showed me those eternal shelters to which I, a poor wanderer upon the earth, momentarily ascended, (in the body or out of the body I do not know). I beheld inscrutable heavenly beauty, and those who lived there. John the Great Forerunner and Baptist of the Lord, the apostles, saints, martyrs and holy fathers, Anthony the Great, Paul of Thebes, Sabbas the Sanctified, Onuphrius the Great, Mark of Ephesus and all the saints dwelling in unspeakable glory and joy, which eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him (I Cor. 2:9