Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-04-2023, 03:27 PM
Newbie ;)

How do I connect with God?

I reach out and cry and pray to God 1-2 times per day for many months now as I am going through hell with anxiety and depression. I know He cannot fix my life situation. I pray for strength to get through this. I meditate on Jesus every nite. But I am losing hope. I receive no feelings or even the slightest divine response. I know I am supposed to be patient. But one can only take so much. I don't know what to do. Losing faith as well as hope.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:55 PM
Master

Cosmos is. I feel that you can’t just sit and pray for something. It doesn’t seem to work like that. Remember the ol saying: God helps those who help themselves. Bit of truth in that.

Get out there and make just ONE positive move towards creating what you want and keep that thought in your mind day and night and watch how things start happening for you.

Talking to a therapist would certainly help as well.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:10 PM
Molearner

Cosmosis…..google The Dark Night of the Soul…..you are not alone in this…it can be a spiritual stage that leads to awakening….against all evidence you must retain the sliver of faith that this too shall pass….
Old 07-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Molearner

Had not thought of this until now but my midlife crisis came when I was 54….with optimism I allowing this to be a predictor of my life span..😁😁…….it works out to be a 108…..
Old 07-04-2023, 04:56 PM
Newbie ;)

I know all about the DNOTS

I think I’ve been going thru it for over 6 years

Nothing helps the process along

I’ve tried just about everything
Old 07-04-2023, 05:21 PM
How can I connect with God?

Well, like anything go to someone with experience, I say.
If you are looking for a great dentist (or mechanic or a Vet)...it's not so good to go to someone that a friend saw in an ad...or
someone they have never gone to, so has no real experience;
just that 'someone else' goes to him...who may know very little about dentists.

Ask someone who knows, I always say; otherwise you have helpful well-meaning people giving opinions, guesses, speculations and suppositions.

Now, maybe you don't know anyone that has connected with God, Himself.
What would you do then?
If it were me I would read what someone has said that you think has connected with God.

Let's see what some of them have said or maybe what God has said (supposedly) in various scriptures.

Be still
Be like a child
Ask, believe and receive -
Ask as if you already have the thing that you ask for.
Be confident when approaching God
Believe (I'll say again)
Never doubt
Don't be double minded (Sending the message you want something, while your core belief is: ''It'll never happen" or "I don't deserve it",
as examples of mixed messages - that can't be answered....there is a block.)

Begging or crying has not been part of the formula...Faith has been the thing that pleases God.
Have your cup empty - if it is filled with anxiety or impatience there is no room in your cup for anything else.
Does this all make sense?

If you invite a guest - you don't have your front door locked with the light out...you welcome your guest and prepare a place for him.
What does God love? What can He not refuse or ignore for long?
Silence and sincerity and trust in Him.

Maintain your patience, wait...show Him your sincerity ---not your anxiety or depression - put that all aside.
Btw, for a direct exp of God would you wait a decade? 2 decades? Or quite after 6-8 years? Ha...we all have choices! :)

From my exp.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Had not thought of this until now but my midlife crisis came when I was 54….with optimism I allowing this to be a predictor of my life span..😁😁…….it works out to be a 108…..

I love this mentality! I will adopt this one day for myself! Thank you for sharing that.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:26 PM
Knower

Cosmosis, I would do a few things.

1) I would cry some more. That releases anxiety, tension, etc.

2) I would TRUST that God / Jesus is listening and hearing you. And I would notice all the ways in which they are.

There are signs each day in our life that we are being heard, that good things are in store. But only if we choose to look.

What are some good things in your life right now? They exist. You just have to start specifically noticing them each day. Then more will flood in. And as that happens, you will hear directly from spirit and receive the next step on your anxiety journey. It could be seeing a therapist, medication, meditation. Whatever it is will make sense when it shows up and feel good to you then. Don't judge any options now. Just notice what IS going well, and you will start receiving downloads and insights, and then the right step will appear.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmosis
But one can only take so much. I don't know what to do. Losing faith as well as hope.

Are you connected to yourself Cosmosis ?
Old 07-04-2023, 08:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmosis
I know He cannot fix my life situation.

I can relate life can be very crazy hard at times. I've been though hell as well but through a lot of hard work and effort I got through it to a better place. It takes time for sure. My little advice would be to be kind to yourself. Just think about what truly makes you happy and figure out how to try to get there. It will take time and effort and patience and grace.

One time when I was younger I sat down on the beach and contemplated what I wanted in life really. I sat down for hours and hours and I came to the vision I wanted a partner and kids. A simple and happy and love filled life. That's all I wanted. It's not what I got lol. I went though horrible stuff I won't mention but I'm content now. I have a flawed partner, flawed kids, but I love them and enjoy the simple things. I can bliss out over oatmeal with blueberries and almond butter in it.

Now I know I will not get what I want, but I can appreciate what I have and make the best out of it. Really what I think about a lot now days is how to help others. I would like to find a way to do that more. But yea love all the flawed people in our lives. I am flawed. They are flawed. Just enjoy what we have and are. Enjoy what God has given us. It may not be exactly what we want, but I think it is what God wants for us. So enjoy the gifts we have received and do our part to add more love everywhere.

God is love. The more we are love, the more God we will feel.