Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 18-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Master
Art of war

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Master
I am aware that for all those reflections of my own inner war, I am often drawn back to them to bridge my war reflections back into my true nature where they then cease to be the reflection any more of war, but one of peace. The return to see myself as I am now. To see them as they are. Accepting both in peace.

To show who they are as they are. While immersed in my own war within, not understanding them as they were in their own war towards me, I could only end the totality of war in myself by understanding each of them as myself.

In feelings attached I am shown myself in their war, projecting to show me myself at war.

In feelings released/let go of, I am shown myself in peace in their war.

I am shown myself in the art of war and how I end it fully.

Complete.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It is hard to know totally all the truth and strength or forces of our enemies but at least we have to estimate their ability. How much chance we can fight to win the battle.? That's always an adviser's expertise,a wrong prediction may ends in defeated. This is the human ground battles.

And for our mind that is much more easy. When we do something we take precautions and follow procedures. We should have a clear mind for all doing. Knowledge, understanding, advice, help,info....always as our guide. If we could get help from god, that would be much more easy.

To learn Buddhism is a mind war to our inner self. We expect certain goal for it but at some practice may end with no good result and may stuck at certain knot or bottle neck. So at this time we should have to relax and to ask from someone who know it more.
Old 18-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
It is hard to know totally all the truth and strength or forces of our enemies but at least we have to estimate their ability. How much chance we can fight to win the battle.? That's always an adviser's expertise,a wrong prediction may ends in defeated. This is the human ground battles.

And for our mind that is much more easy. When we do something we take precautions and follow procedures. We should have a clear mind for all doing. Knowledge, understanding, advice, help,info....always as our guide. If we could get help from god, that would be much more easy.

To learn Buddhism is a mind war to our inner self. We expect certain goal for it but at some practice may end with no good result and may stuck at certain knot or bottle neck. So at this time we should have to relax and to ask from someone who know it more.

Thanks for sharing this Jeremy.

For me the more I open to understand the war in others and life itself, the more I allow myself to deepen into peace. So I use all those reflections of war to see what I hold in myself in both feeling and conditioned mindset. Even indirectly I utilize the reflections if I am activated, to open and see what I hold in myself up against that war moving through life and others.

In this way I make war my art. Not art my war.

Old 21-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
In feelings released/let go of, I am shown myself in peace in their war.

I am shown myself in the art of war and how I end it fully.

Complete.

Do you really think it is letting go? Could it be nothing more than being awake? To need or desire to let go means resistance to something. Not realizing you created that something that you want to get rid of.
Old 21-06-2016, 08:19 PM
Master

Quote:

Knowing has to do with intelligence.
The higher the intelligence, the higher the chance of success in difficult situations.

If one wants to conquer the difficulties of life, it is recommended to develop one's intelligence too.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 21-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Knowing has to do with intelligence.
The higher the intelligence, the higher the chance of success in difficult situations.

If one wants to conquer the difficulties of life, it is recommended to develop one's intelligence too.

Just my 2 cents.

Knowledge is knowing and intelligence is using it
Old 21-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

but then there is the ability to look in the right direction from the right eyes
Old 21-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Do you think all knowledge can be applied practical?
Old 21-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Do you really think it is letting go? Could it be nothing more than being awake? To need or desire to let go means resistance to something. Not realizing you created that something that you want to get rid of.

Its both. Awake means I am aware. Letting go means I am aware when I am holding in/onto something that is not in alignment to that awareness.

When I stay present and remain open and aware of all moving through me with the external, I allow it to open me to release anything not in alignment to peace and clarity in me. I am speaking of emotional binds in me attached that seek to be released from the external view coming in at me that are showing my myself not in balance in some way.

Everything in this way is my reflection to deepen, open, be aware, let go, observe, realize something and so on to *feel* more clear. When I am clear and aware so are you. :)