Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Boldylocks

Speaking in tongues can be a gift from the Holy Spirit- in this case it is not gibberish, but is actually actual words of another language spoken through that person via the Holy spirit---be it another human language, or a language that does not exist on this earth. Some say that many who speak in tongues are speaking a language of the angels... or maybe another intelligent race on another planet , for all we know.

The key is, that these words honor the Creator-- and at the same time, they heal the person's soul when the Holy Spirit speaks them through a person.

Not all have this gift. Many think they are speaking in tongues, but it is not from the Holy Spirit- but from an entity or spirit using their mouth.
Also, God does not give this gift to the curious, which is why most of Christianity today doesnt speak in tongues.
It is a gift given only to those who sincerely have devoted their souls and lives back to God- out of love to Him and not for what they can get from Him as some form of "Santa Claus" provider.

I do not have this gift. Maybe one day at my death bed, the Lord may give it to me. The important thing is that He becomes the main focus of my life- and whatever He wants to give me is for Him to decide the "when & where". My pastor mentioned that some may never receive this gift until after they leave their body after death- God has good reasons for each individual.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareunity
Why does it happen ?
Have you witnessed it ?
Why do people speak in tongues as they pray or which ever?
Hmm...somebody care to explain ? Thank u bunches

- shareunity.
I spoke in tongues because it's what other people did. Personally I didn't feel comforable with it, so I asked God to tell me what to do. I felt inspired to open the bible to a random page, put my finger on a verse and, no lie, it said 'Stop babbling.'

I was ashamed and stopped doing it. Not ashamed in a bad way, but in a God is awesome and I don't know as much as I thought I did kind of way.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Ascender

First many need to understand what speaking “in tongues” really meant. It meant speaking ANOTHER earthly language. It‘s not mumbling sounds only Jehovah God …or Jesus would know. That‘s just another trick satan uses to draw many away from the truth.(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). Instead of following what many false ministers teach. Many don’t even wonder why Jesus NEVER did it, or taught others to do it. And why not even throughout the bible, before the Pentecost situation, (Acts.2:1-11), “speaking in tongues” were not mention.

If many wasn’t blinded by the false teachings satan planted into many ministers minds. They would understand clearly when reading Acts. These men were speaking a language of other men ,(verses 6-8 “Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born“)? there were NO gibberish going on.

Jehovah God wants us to learn the truth. he wouldn’t make any man speak gibberish, then allow them to say, this is Jesus speaking though us, or whatever. Knowing man can and does relate to the flock what he want them to believe. Many who’s like myself, would wonder if he’s just making this **** up. God isn’t for confusion, (1Cor.14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order. And verse 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints).
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareunity
Why does it happen ?
Have you witnessed it ?
Why do people speak in tongues as they pray or which ever?
Hmm...somebody care to explain ? Thank u bunches

- shareunity.

I think that the majority of these people are possessed.
Speaking in tongues means people who don't speak your language would understand what you are saying. Google search St. Vincent Ferrer. He had a genuine gift of tongues; a supernatural gift of the Holy Spirit.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic Spammos
I think that the majority of these people are possessed.
Speaking in tongues means people who don't speak your language would understand what you are saying. Google search St. Vincent Ferrer. He had a genuine gift of tongues; a supernatural gift of the Holy Spirit.

lol possesssed by holy spirit I hope.

Typing in toungues.

hvhbguihuhiu hioushuiohufohpufh[ iuashfouihapuhfophfo ugui osugfiog iou
Old 09-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
lol possesssed by holy spirit I hope.

Typing in toungues.

hvhbguihuhiu hioushuiohufohpufh[ iuashfouihapuhfophfo ugui osugfiog iou
No, I think they are possessed by evil spirits, demons. In doing so they make fun of Christinaity and confuse a great majority of people. These people think spirituality and the growth in sanctity is based upon such acrobatic body movements and spoken nonsense.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Zem

I don't think speaking in tongues is a bad thing. What I do think is a bad thing is the self-righteousness that often comes along with people who do it. A lot of people say it's a "special gift" that not everyone has. This is a bunch of bologna, and as a result of this "in-crowd" mentality, it causes a lot of people to just start spouting out crazy words in the hopes of being recognized as someone who is "chosen" by God to speak in tongues. It's like the story of the Emperors New Clothes where everyone pretends that the Emperor is not actually naked, because if they can't see his new clothes (which don't actually exist) it will mean that they are not fit for their role in society (according to the conmen who "made" the new clothes in the first place.)

It's fine for people to speak in tongues, as long as they're not doing it for the wrong motivation (i.e. to be seen by men/women). I think a lot of people pretend that when they speak in tongues it's entirely the workings of the Holy Spirit, and there is no conscious effort on their part. I also think this is a bunch of bologna. ANYONE can speak in tongues, and ANYONE can express their emotions towards God in the form of these words.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Mary Baker

Quote:
... I once heard a Southern Baptist church singing in tongues and it sounded like a choir of angels, all peace, and interlocking harmonies, and yet all unrehearsed. Just worshipping together, not hysterical at all. Beautiful. I was amazed.

I answered this previously but cannot find my post. Perhaps this happened in a Baptist church in the south, but not likely in a Southern Baptist which is a particular denomination of Baptist. There are several other Baptist denominations.
Having been a member of several Southern Baptist Churches as I moved from one town to another and changed membership to the Southern Baptist church near me. and having been a Southern Baptist for 64 years, I have never heard of either singing or speaking in tongues being a part of the worship service. I also have not heard of it being practiced in private worship but I cannot know about that.

The Baptist I know tend to believe that on the Day of Pentecost in the book of Acts a miracle occurred which enabled the hearers to understand the witness of the apostles, especially named is Peter, though there were people of various nations gathered there to celebrate Pentecost. (A Jewish feast day comemorating the Law being given to Moses.)

However, knowing quite well and being related to some Pentecostal Christians and attending services often as a guest I am convinced of the sincerity of people "speaking in tongues" though I do not know exactly what it is.
It seem likely to me it is abandoning control of the sounds one makes and allowing a spontanious flow of sounds to emerge in wordless spiritual praise of God.

However, I know nothing except the fact of my own existence. I consider it impossible to know anything else.

I do have strong faith in a number of things including a true and living, loving God and the guidance of his Holy Spirit.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:35 PM
No offense to anyone, but I think the people to listen to are the ones that have been Baptised in the Holy Spirit
and now pray or speak in tongues.
Otherwise, it appears to only be speculation, interpretation and even emotional.

I looked from the outside for years with simple curiousity.
No emotion, no fear of the unknown, no creepiness....just 'what the heck is this and I would like to do that' ----
I mean, if it is a Gift of the Holy Spirit....I'd like it, too.

So, in July 2009 - I "did it", and am very happy I did.
It did make a difference in my life.

I may pray in tongues for 15 minutes as I drive to some gathering.
I am amazed at what a different person I am when I start interacting with people.
I'm all of a sudden more witty, funnier, clearer, more "on".
Like, who is this person?

I sure didn't feel that way getting ready to go to the group.

I have been cured within 5-10 minutes of severe heat stroke - severe - just praying in tongues alone
miserable on my bed as red as a lobster with everything from my neck
up throbbing...
knowing my entire day is ruined and this will take a day to recover from...
I'm Swedish and for some reason have never been able to take a sauna or the sun for too long without being miserable for maybe 6 hours.
So, I really know heat stroke.

I can't explain what praying in tongues is...it sounds like Korean,
Hindi, Cherokee gibberish to me, also... pretty gibberish,
but it just flows out of me.
I love it, whatever it is.

So scoof all you want, think or interpret the Bible whatever way you want - but
I do it in privacy and love it.

Nothing else I can say, I guess.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-06-2012, 05:05 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I personally don't think talking in tongues is anything to do with being a holy roller, rolling around and talking gibberish. We all talk a new language when we are coming from our inner Being, its a language that the carnal minded don't understand. But there are many who think that they are special because they talk gibberish, they think that they are blessed by the holy spirit, they even make others in the church feel inferior because they don't talk this gibberish.

Its just all a misinterpretation of scripture which so many do, and hence, so many belief systems.

I have witnessed certain individuals who, while in a state of deep meditation, or hypnosis, appear to relive a past life, which I believe is simply a merging of the present mind with the living mind of one of their apparent dead ancestors, where, through the senses of their ancestor in the past, they are able to experience the life and environment of that time, and while in their present apparent comatose state, they speak in the tongue of their ancient ancestor, a language which they of the present have never before heard.

It is my belief that the mind of the past, who has received a visitation of the mind of one of his far distant, and at that point in time, unborn descendant of the future, through the mind of his as yet unborn descendant, the ancestor receives visions of the future: visions for which in his day, the terminology to express that which he is seeing, had not yet evolved.

To him, a Black Hawk Helicopter would be seen as a grasshopper that spits fire from its tail, with wings above its head that roar with the sound of a mighty waterfall as it moves.

Perhaps one day, you may receive a visitation from one of your as yet unborn descendants of the future, and through the visions you receive while merged with their fourth dimensional mind, you may babble incoherent words in a language of the far and distant future, as you utter prophetic words of things that have happened in their already determined past, but which, are yet in your undetermined future.

Just as we, who are micro universal bodies, which are created in the image and likeness of the macro universal body, develop a mind/spirit, that is the controlling godhead to our bodies, so too, the macro universal body has evolved within itself a Supreme Personality of Godhead, which is the greater evolved "collective mind" of mankind, or the "Light of Man," who was the light and the life within the creative God at the beginning of this cycle of universal activity.

To the scientist, “Mankind” is the observable most high in the creation, and Lord of creatures, to the true religious mind, Mankind, who is the physical most high to have evolved within the macro body, is but the prototype of the Most High invisible Mind/Spirit to have evolved and he is “The Son of Man” who is Lord of all spirits and the supreme personality of Godhead and ruler of this created universal body.

Just as it is possible for you, the mind/spirit, to pass through the veil into the inner most sanctuary, which veil has now been torn, giving you access to the holy of holies within, and there, communicate with your seemingly dead ancestors in their own particular point in time, so too the “Son of Man,” who dwells in the higher and invisible dimension, can descend into his dead past, within his universal body, and communicate with his ancestral minds who dwell within him.

Come travel with me on a journey through time;
Not in some capsule, but in our minds.
To the inner most sanctuary will we descend,
To the single cell from which your body began.
In the Holy of Holies, where all is one,
Where all of space and time is joined.
We'll mingle there with other minds,
From other lands, in other times.
Minds of the past who seem dead and gone
And minds of the future, who are yet unborn.
For they in THEIR time, whether here on this world,
Or some distant planet to which they've been lured,
Will enter their inner most sanctuary too,
And there perhaps, they might merge with you.
Ah! To travel through space in the wink of an eye
Merged with your child from some world way on high,
And if this is but madness, then madness it be,
So come my mad brothers, come, fly with me....By S-word.

A two dimensional being, having width and breadth, but no height, could only experience a one dimensional world. All shapes to that being, whether they are square, circular, triangles, etc, etc, would appear as one dimensional lines, unless it was lifted up by some outside force in order to look down from above on his two dimensional world.

So too, we, the invisible fourth dimensional minds that are developing in these three dimensional bodies, are able to descend through time and visit our (Not dead) but living ancestors in their point in time, and while merged with our minds, they will speak in the tongues of angels/spirits, who ascend and descend on the heads of man.

There are of course, those actors who roll around the floor talking gibberish, like someone possessed of demons.

Last edited by S-word : 07-06-2012 at 06:41 AM.