Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 29-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Your missus' lillies are beautiful, Humm. They're almost like the tiger lillies my mom used to grow ~ they were orange with brown spots.
Thanks. Sounds like your mom had a talent too.
Old 29-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Master
You should've seen her garden. I got to help, haha. One of my most sensory moments was when she'd be planting new plants and she'd give me a little old sauce pan and have me go fill it up from the bag of peat moss inside the garage door, I loved the smell of it. My mom was the greatest ever. She was in every flower, some more than others. Like her fave, lilly of the valley, bleeding heart, lilac, grape hyacinths, holly hocks, peonies (omg like heaven). We had a rather small handful of crocus and it meant a lot for us to go out while snow still on the ground and try to catch a peek at them coming up through the fading snow in springtime.

Old 29-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Two-bit guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The sun gives warmth to the water which flows, and the earth becomes abundant with life ...

A lovely poem, lovely thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
My wife, however, doesn't do too bad.

Beautiful flowers, beautiful photo.

I actually did make a garden and I did an impromptu video of it. I'll post it in another thread so as not to go off topic.
Old 30-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-bit guru
A lovely poem, lovely thoughts.

Beautiful flowers, beautiful photo.

I actually did make a garden and I did an impromptu video of it. I'll post it in another thread so as not to go off topic.

Oh No... this is the perfect thread for your video.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Two-bit guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Oh No... this is the perfect thread for your video.
OKAY! Here's the link
Old 06-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-bit guru

All I can say is WOW!
I have been studying and practicing permaculture over the past year and your garden and your methods illustrate it's concept in practice beautifully!
I have been building my soil up by "composting in place" using sheet mulching and so far this year have planted a bamboo garden and created a new bed for the spring. I used all my leaves and the neighbors, along with horse manure and cardboard and grass and pine needles to create it. I attached a pix if you are interested. It's pretty big! It encircles the area around the tree (which must come down because it split down the middle in the last storm we had) and it is about 4-5 feet wide.
I am very impressed by your video and you energy. I like how you have consideration for the neighbors using this type of gardening. It is important IMO and I try to do the same thing.
Thank you for sharing it! In the gardening world, you have now become my two-bit-guru...

(What are the plants that have a long stalk and a big ball on the end?) (You look familar...do you live in Connecticut?)

Blessings, James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1007 (Medium).JPG (116.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Master
Could those be the leeks he spoke of that have gone to seed? It was a cool vid.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Master
Yes that is exactly what they were. I just looked it up. I heard him say leeks but I never seen them grown so I wasn't sure. They don't look like that in the store.....lol
Thanks Silver.........
Old 06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Master
I figured that was it because I've seen when onions go to seed, just much smaller.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I figured that was it because I've seen when onions go to seed, just much smaller.

They mentioned onions in the thing I just read. I have never seen onions grown either....................so much to learn.