Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 03:16 AM
elisi

morpheus said 'spoken like a true athiest', then quoted the bible.

that's all well and good if you believe everything you read in the bible.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Hmmm That pretty much ties into my understanding on an individual level,

The Devil is basically the "opposite of God"

In higher realms, only God exists. God is the ultimate being. God is Absolute.

But when you come down into lower dimensions or the "created world" dualities form.

You have not only positive (as seen in heaven), but you have both positive and negative to formulate a dualistic universe.

From my own intuition the devil is both the "ego" as you say Morpheus, but the Devil is also a Negative force that God purposely created to keep a balance of up and down, positive and negative.

That is why certain influences in the world of matter pull us away from the Divine then towards it. Unfortunately this Negative Force, which is also part of God, the Shadow of God, has independence. It can act out, abuse it's independence, and imbalance the cosmos or earthly occurances.

The higher forces, the Light, God and such work against it when things become imbalance.

There you have the symbolic warring of God vs. Satan.

It is a primordial mythos that has a deeper truth and reality at the end of the day.

A great example of how the devil "manifests" is when something good and positive is torn apart and remolded into something negative and abused. A priest who conducts Mass everyday is worshiping God and letting the positive energy of the universe help others. Whereas a priest taking a child in the back room and molesting him and abusing him is a priest worshipping a negative form, the devil, letting the negative energy of the universe disturb the child and the parish. The devil usually manifests through our egos and misguided wills.

Well what should we say about "Ego". I've pointed out how it is related to the "Reptilian Brain" and the survival instincts of the organic aspects. The evolved animal/mammal.
There is much more to an individual than merely the organic aspects, in time and space, which can be illustrated.

Also, involving Ego, is the sense or perspective that there is this life alone, and that personality and consciousness does not survive physical death.

Video:
Explanation of Ego, and who you really are apart from it. Which same is discovered all the time in the many NDE and OBE accounts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEgJtAfCpjw&feature=related

Also -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0vtFja9GE&feature=related

NDE and OBE accounts:
www.nderf.org

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Master
The Old Testament is riddled with so much violence, murder, war, rape, child killing, abortion, incest, massacres, genocides, conquests, etc that you start to wonder if Moses and his prophets were always rightfully attuned to "God", or if at times they were attuned to "the devil".

EDIT:

I believe nothing on earth written by Man is completely holy and pure. Man is both good and bad. Everything in matter is dualistic. Very few mystics have pierced the illusion of duality and have been able to write a perfect book on the Spirit. Spirit is one, oneness; and duality just screws it all up.

Mystics in the Old Testament had a difficult time bringing together the mercy and compassion of a Supreme Being and making sense of Moses' conquests and murders, etc. The reason is that unless we look at the Bible on different levels we won't understand it.

It seems that at times Moses was very attuned to God, slightly attuned to God, or completely off. This is because no mortal being, not even an advanced soul like Moses can not be 100 percent united with God as long as he wears a body and physical consciousness that restricts him or her.

Moses was sometimes influenced by what is called "the shadow self". It is our dark-side, all the bad things about our personality. It is the part of us that becomes influenced by "the devil". We can not completely destroy our dark-side, all we can do is transform it through love. Moses on the other hand never cleansed himself of his lower-tendencies. This is a Man who had a violent past in Egypt. His entire campaign is violent, but God's ways are not violent. Moses was connecting to the universal dark-side, the Devil.

That is why the OT especially is mixed with pure teachings directly from God and some things connected or attuned to the Devil. But the Hebrew mystics were not ready to completely separate the darksided parts from the good and positive. Instead they saw it as part of the Evolution of Consciousness for Israel, and Man's spiritual evolution in general. The Devil is a part of our daily lives.

We should not confuse the ego-self with the shadow self. And we can't mix the devil with the ego. The ego is a good and bad thing. The devil is purely bad. The shadow self, our dark-side, and lower tendencies come from our sins and is all connected to the universal Shadow (the Devil). We can only transform ourselves from ego-consciousness to Spiritual beings. We can only transform our darkside, embrace our negative tendencies, and become cleansed and healed.

The Bible is more about the struggles, beauties, horrors, and life lessons of Life and God; less about the perfect word of a white robbed deity.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Moses was sometimes influenced by what is called "the shadow self". It is our dark-side, all the bad things about our personality. It is the part of us that becomes influenced by "the devil". We can not completely destroy our dark-side, all we can do is transform it through love. Moses on the other hand never cleansed himself of his lower-tendencies. This is a Man who had a violent past in Egypt. His entire campaign is violent, but God's ways are not violent. Moses was connecting to the universal dark-side, the Devil.

That is why the OT especially is mixed with pure teachings directly from God and some things connected or attuned to the Devil. But the Hebrew mystics were not ready to completely separate the darksided parts from the good and positive. Instead they saw it as part of the Evolution of Consciousness for Israel, and Man's spiritual evolution in general. The Devil is a part of our daily lives.

We should not confuse the ego-self with the shadow self. And we can't mix the devil with the ego. The ego is a good and bad thing. The devil is purely bad. The shadow self, our dark-side, and lower tendencies come from our sins and is all connected to the universal Shadow (the Devil). We can only transform ourselves from ego-consciousness to Spiritual beings. We can only transform our darkside, embrace our negative tendencies, and become cleansed and healed.

The Bible is more about the struggles, beauties, horrors, and life lessons of Life and God; less about the perfect word of a white robbed deity.

Well, you know Amillius, that a point can be made about why there are these conflicts, and the violence evident in the Old Testament. Involving strange and harmful practices on the part of some cultures of the time.

Now, we are told that humanity, in the material world, is a fallen situation which began with the fall of the angelic. That, also, no one is perfect in the world...

However, Perfection exists. It is a complete statement about God. It is about Spirit.
There is that which is perfect.

It is described often, also, in the many NDE accounts which can be read.
www.nderf.org

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Deactivated Account

The devil is god.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:10 AM
Master
Perfection could mean so many different things.

The Saints were "divinely perfect".

Human perfection is something created by the new secular-atheist and anti-theists.

As if you get a, b, c, and d right on the moral compass then you are good with us!

That is ridiculous. So many Saints from so many cultures expressed so many different opinions but their attitude and perspective on the Divine has always been the same .

The Mystics of the East and the West all agree on the same thing and have united themselves with that "Something Else" we all search for. God is that "Something Else".

Buddha, Jesus, Francis of Assisi, Laozi, Enoch, etc may not have been perfect in their human personalities and opinions, but were INWARDLY united to the Consciousness of God. They were perfect in their attunements and unity.

I must say I take back all the backlash against Moses from before. I think if you read the OT with a negative attitude you will miss out on the greater message,

Moses was a great sage and master of spirituality. And when I say spirituality, I don't mean some nancy pansy la la land feeling. I mean that he was "otherworldly", someone who surrendered his self and will to the greater "Ultimate Reality". If it wasn't for Moses we would have never have received the name of the Sole Reality, "I am that I Am". The Vedas expresses things on Brahman and such but not until Moses did we receive such a personal accountant with the Divine.

Satan, or the Devil would have to be that which is farther from the Ultimate Reality, that which is "non-being", "unconsciousness", a Negative force that expands consciousness and energy further into ignorance and delusion.

Man's ego is a microcosmic "satan" which is called in Genesis "the serpent", whereas the Cosmic Negative force is the macrocosmic Satan which is called in Revelations "The Dragon". It has red-skin to represent self-centeredness and has seven heads to represent the seven "main" sins - hatred, greed, gluttony, avarice, sloth, lust, and pride.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:57 AM
elisi

i do not believe in satan. i believe evil comes from man himself.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:58 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_andrew700
Hello everyone i would like to know your opinion on this subject taht im sure it has been commented here and in other forums, about the devil
Is he real? Satan for christian and muslims, also in islam its called Iblis, so is he reql? Does he work for God? Or is he the enemy of God and all that is pure?
Ive read that demons are bad spirits, so as you see the cases of exorcisms and so on, and i know about several religions that believe in the entity of evil like figure.
Comments i would be gladly to hear and learn

Satan does exist by leave of God. He has no power which is not allowed Him by God. He presides over a group of beings who stand counter to goodness. They do not, however, oppose God's plan. Indeed the plan requires their efforts for it to be successful. We need the dark forces so that we can exercise our free wills to choose. How, without a range to select from, are we to do this.

Do not be fearful of Satan. He is not a being of high spiritual status. Jesus met Him in the desert as will we all. And, as Jesus did long ago, we too will do. We will eventually make the correct decision.

Related to Satan is hell and damnation. These are flase. There is no hell other than that which we experience by being seperated from God. The sinner, no matter how vile, is eventually redeemed. This is the true message that Jesus was assigned to bring to the world.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:02 PM
good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_andrew700
Hello everyone i would like to know your opinion on this subject taht im sure it has been commented here and in other forums, about the devil
Is he real? Satan for christian and muslims, also in islam its called Iblis, so is he reql? Does he work for God? Or is he the enemy of God and all that is pure?
Ive read that demons are bad spirits, so as you see the cases of exorcisms and so on, and i know about several religions that believe in the entity of evil like figure.
Comments i would be gladly to hear and learn

yes they are in everyone , people think they have their own identity
but they do not.
angry people are possessed. THey have evill thoughts.
many are in mental hospitals and doctors do not understand.
Demons are real.
watch your thoughts many are not of God. They play different parts.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Experiencer

Devil

In my opinion, the devil is just a made-up myth from religious groups to scare us into obeying their rules.
Closed Thread