Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Just for the sake of discussion, you say that you are not there so you must have some thoughts on where there is. How do you imagine someone who is there would react in a situation such as the robins were in. If it was your children do you imagine "there" being detached and at peace? Is that what you want?

I don't think your approach is for the sake of discussion, I think you disagree with my opinion, and clearly Sky123's opinion. This is absolutely fine that you disagree, but I sense a bat and ball approach here.

Many countries in Africa actually celebrate the death of a loved one. It is considered a welcoming to the other realm leaving their bodies.

You perhaps disagree with a culture singing and celebrating a loved ones death thinking they are insane and lack compassion, whereas in their opinion they probably think you're the insane one for sobbing uncontrollably in the same situation and not being able to see the depthness of who we really are.

Take care.
Old 28-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
I don't think your approach is for the sake of discussion, I think you disagree with my opinion, and clearly Sky123's opinion. This is absolutely fine that you disagree, but I sense a bat and ball approach here.

Many countries in Africa actually celebrate the death of a loved one. It is considered a welcoming to the other realm leaving their bodies.

You perhaps disagree with a culture singing and celebrating a loved ones death thinking they are insane and lack compassion, whereas in their opinion they probably think you're the insane one for sobbing uncontrollably in the same situation and not being able to see the depthness of who we really are.

Take care.

I think the Robins understood impermanence more than some humans do, ' Birdbrain ' takes on a different meaning when you think about it.
Old 29-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:

Any African country would have numerous cultural groups. If there are cultures that don't have mourning rituals, can you name them specifically?

Quote:

Take care.
Old 29-01-2018, 05:06 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Many animals do feel sad, I believe, but agree with catsquotl that we really don't know how they are feeling/what they perceive... (at least I don't, I'm not a biologist)

Having said that this whole conversation reminds me of the following:

The Story of Kisa Gautami: Parable of the Mustard Seed

BT
Old 29-01-2018, 06:35 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Any African country would have numerous cultural groups. If there are cultures that don't have mourning rituals, can you name them specifically?

I'm not sure why you'd want me to go through and provide a list of the rituals that don't mourn. I have no desire to research this and am really not interested in them.

I was just sharing a point that in certain parts of Africa they celebrate death, which says not everyone mourns.

I'm not a scholar of African death rituals dude
Old 29-01-2018, 06:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Many animals do feel sad, I believe, but agree with catsquotl that we really don't know how they are feeling/what they perceive... (at least I don't, I'm not a biologist)

Having said that this whole conversation reminds me of the following:

The Story of Kisa Gautami: Parable of the Mustard Seed

BT

When I first read this Parable I rememberd that Jesus also uses the Mustard seed in his teachings. I wonder why they both used Mustard seeds, why not other seeds.... . Seeds are tiny and insignificant until planted then they show their value and strength, is there a hidden message.
More useless thoughts
Old 29-01-2018, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm not sure why you'd want me to go through and provide a list of the rituals that don't mourn. I have no desire to research this and am really not interested in them.

I was just sharing a point that in certain parts of Africa they celebrate death, which says not everyone mourns.

I think if people are really honest there are times when we celebrate death. I celebrated the passing of my Mum after watching her suffer over many years, of course I mourned, I shed tears, but I celebrated the peace that she gained.
Old 29-01-2018, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:

I only really needed one.

Quote:

Which part? (I'm only asking for one).
Old 29-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Master
I see mourning as a set of rituals based on culture/beliefs and grief as feelings/emotions.
Many cultures do have elaborate mourning ceremonies /celebrations which seem strange to outsiders but do they suffer grief.... who knows, everyone is different and I do think it depends how you percieve the death of a body.
Old 29-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:

Take care.
No you have me all wrong and it has nothing to do with celebrating the passing of a loved one.
Its about the initial reaction which in the case of the Robin's seems completely without emotion.
I get that with Robin's but what I don't get is when someone seems to be saying that they hope to reach such a state.
My curiosity is strictly for discussion and I'm sorry you see something more than that.
Finally it's not about seeing the indeptness of who we are, it's about desiring such indeptness apart from knowing that is who we are. What intrigues me is why someone would want that or defend that.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness