Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 01-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Does anyone else...

Does anyone else feel as they get older that it is harder to tap into natural happiness? I guess the reason I just joined this forum is to try and find ways that I can tap back into my natural happiness. I was always a naturally happy/see the bright side of anything type of person. I feel like I am so distant from the person I was, and I am constantly striving to be the happier version of myself that I once was. How do you guys not get lost in the stress of everyday life? What are your methods? I am lucky enough to be aware that I am not the happiest, but not really quite sure how to get back there. I feel....blocked. I used to play music, be able to let my mind drift, create beautiful pieces of art, had a huge imagination, had a sense of adventure and of peace most of the time. I am not sure when exactly it changed but, it has. I feel weighted down, like my energy has been sucked out of me, and no amount of rest or sleep can change it. Any suggestions?
Old 01-01-2017, 11:53 PM
Master
That is quite odd you should mention it. I'm feeling exactly the same. But I'm suffering from CFS so that might explain things.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Deactivated Account
I could give you explanation on how the creeping unhappiness builds up. But not now.

Instead i would suggest you to look some videos on youtube.

Some keywords are Mooji, Eckard Tolle, Self inquiry and others.

Enlightenment Guided Inquiry - The Neti Neti Method

Feel and Be the Space of Being - Mooji

Waiting With Presence - Eckhard Tolle

What Is 'TIME' BY Eckhart Tolle
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 AM
Suspended
Guide

To relieve stress, I use acupuncture & massage ...
Following my husband's death, I went in weekly for both services on a single visit; first acupuncture then massage ...
Now, it's once a month if needed ...
For me, they both independently as well as combined restore balance & a brighter outlook on life ...
You can chose just one modality, it's not necessary to use two; it depends on your needs ...
The average cost for massage is $40-$50. Acupuncture can range from $40-$80 ...
One client called our acupuncturist (Carl) "Sagan" b/c as he said she could induce an almost LSD effect ...
We all felt like we were just happily floating around like clouds ...
Tai-chi & meditation are also helpful, but I prefer using either or both b/c I don't always have time for them ...
Hope this helps ...
Old 02-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Master
I looked at your age and you are 30? I went through some dark times and I think for me, it was circumstances ...I had a hard time feeling/being happy. But now in my 50s...happiness just bubbles up in me naturally. I am not sure why...maybe out of bad relationships? I have my own home, beautiful property. but just about every day joy just rises in me. Sometimes something might get me a bit blue. ..but I bounce back.

I think when we are kids, we have parents caring for us. We go to school...maybe get a little job after school...but once school is over, life has to change...jobs, going out on your own (some anyway)..and now you are an adult and everything's on your lap so I would think yeah, it's hard to find that 'natural happiness'. I used to see the good in people too and wow, time after time being hurt, betrayed, mind boggled by things people can do, it became harder and harder to see the best in people or 'make excuses' as my daughter does. She still sees the best in everyone and even makes excuses which drives me nuts because she just can't see bad in anyone...even when they hurt her. Sigh.

Really! brought up acupuncture. I was having that done last year for a bit and loved it...it can make you feel loopy at times. I had one session where I was totally out of it. lol

I'm sorry you are feeling as you do. I hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me to get out of it but a lot of mine was a bad marriage. I did take up running on trails and natural settings (not roads)..started while I was married. It was a life saver for me...and the last few months been meditating. Took me a long time to really understand what I was doing or needing to do and one day it just clicked.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Sarian, I appreciate your response. And I'm guessing by what you wrote that my being 30 has a lot to do with your advice :) To give you some background information, I have been on my own since I was 20 years old. I had my time of transitioning from being a young (I guess that term is relative here) happy go lucky kid with no real responsibility to a normal functioning adult around 23, so that's not really it. I think what you mentioned about a relationship might have something to do with it. My partner tends to put a lot of stress on me due to her own anxiety and poor mental state, so I definitely think that's a contributing factor. But I will be honest, the negativity I feel seems to come from me a lot. I just can't always pin point where its coming from or no how to stop it. But I am open to any and all suggestions at the moment.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Knower

Not for me.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Hmm, is LKBern still active ?

anyway, here is a suggestion that, actually work, but need to be done every evening/day.
A way to get more Happiness is to, before going to bed, instead of having the last thoughts on worrying of what has happened that day, to actively think of what happiness is, and how to get more happiness.
When you awake, you should immediately switch to the last thoughts you have had before falling asleep (the happy thoughts), and keep thinking them for the next 5~10 minutes.

Do this and try to keep the thoughts of Happiness as long as you can. And all the while, throughout the day, use short (10~20 seconds meditations) in which you stop any other thoughts and think only of what you thought while awaking.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Master
yea sort of u cud say
fo yrs i trht i w worthhlesss trashh coz of pepesls put donwss or i belongg in guttr coz il nevr be gud eniff for no 1 i still do on off
it why i wud nevr pull pepess 2 bitss if i can hlp it evn 1 its did bad 2 me if say bad thngs abot thm i feal bad
on me i do not sea gud for sean bad in me
iv alwayss try 2 keep evry happyy my slf sad just 2 pleses othrss i til cnt win coz ehtr way imbranded a vilee personss fo not plesesn ths persos i am

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 14-06-2018, 06:58 AM
Knower

I don't feel the same way. I am happy regardless my age