Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Knower
what is a medium?

Can they talk to any spirits? If you can only communicate with spirits of the past relatives are you a medium?I suppose I'm getting caught up on the vocabulary. Do mediums abilities get stronger the more they listen or see visions. Please tell me your experiences.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Experiencer
According to The Medium's Book, we are all mediums. A medium is someone who receives communication from spiritual entities. Since many of the ways spirits communicate with us are so subtle, for instance, sometimes coming in the form of an inspiration or an unusual thought (that's how guardian spirits try to communicate with us), most don't know that they are receiving spiritual communication or don't admit it as being such. But it's a natural human condition and very few actually are totally closed to this.

Of course some mediums receive a more direct form of communication, such as actually seeing, feeling or hearing them. These mediums cannot communicate with anyone at will, the spirit on the other side has to be willing, ready and allowed (by God) to enter into direct contact too. For instance, one mother had to wait four years before her deceased son was allowed and ready to speak to her through Chico Xavier.

I'm not sure if different types of mediunic abilities can be gained or if we are all born with a certain type of mediumnic ability and cannot switch or gain other types. I tend to think we are born with a specific type of mediumship and we can only enhance that type which we already have.

I'm a sensitive medium, meaning, I hear them in my thoughts (just a couple of spirits that often are close to me) and feel them as tingling on the back of my head.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Hey Hernam,

every medium is psychic but not all psychics are nediums,mediums have the ability to communicate with passed loved ones.i am a medium i was born seeing spirit and speaking to them,when i see spirit i see them as solid form .just as they were whilst here.i hear them many a time when i was growing up ppl thought i had imaginary friends because i would be looking and speaking to something they couldnt see.

Namaste
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Knower
Thanks for the insight. I was wondering about whether mediums could talk to spirits at will. For me the see to contact me in different ways, visions, speaking, or sometimes putting pressure on my back or chest. It is hard for me sometimes to understand what message they are trying to convey. It can be confusing
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM
pgrundy

Smile

hernam, I sometimes also have a hard time understanding what they are trying to say, and it can be frustrating.

I think spirits have to want to talk with the medium. I don't think mediums can force spirits to talk with them.

I have had an increasing connection to spirits since having an NDE in my early 30s (I am 60). I see and feel them, and sometimes I get this instant flood of information. It isn't something I 'hear' exactly. Usually I get an image of them or how they died of both, and then I get a blast of info.

I've thought of training to be better at it, but I have reservations about that, so I haven't actively pursued it. When I do share the info though, I'm usually right, so it comes from somewhere, but I can't say where.

Good luck to you. I do think the more attention you pay to it, the stronger your ability gets, but it helps to have a guide or guides and a practice for keeping yourself clear and your intention positive so you don't let in anything nasty.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Administrator
No medium can demand a spirit to speak to them,the spirit themselves must want to speak,for us to convay a message from them,experience is the thing you need to know how spirit are going to speak with you,some ppl get thoughts put into their head,at first its easy to think its your imagination.it all comes down to experience as i said,some people get spirit coming through with the feeling of how they passed,if that happens just tell them to take it away.

Namaste
Old 03-11-2013, 03:09 AM
Knower
I also thought of going to some type of classes but it doesn't feel right for me.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Experiencer
Sometimes a spirit is a bit confused and will try to speak to a medium but will make no sense. I think what you can do is ask for enlightened spirits to help out as a sort of translator or at least they will explain what the problem is with that spirit. There's a lot of that in The Medium's Book, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Guide
Im sure that some can see and hear them and some can sense them i think, but they cant just summon any spirit as some spirits may not want to communicate. I dont know if we all have the same foundations for all abilities and its a preference for some in what one they want to master, i know obviously for some it hasnt been a choice. I am highly sensitive, i can sense spirits and i sense wether its male or female. I dont mind this at all it has never scared me but i think if i actually heard them speak it would.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Knower
They speak in my mind for me. This doesn't scare me not so much the visions, but one night I woke up and one was standing at the foot of my bed I asked her to not show her form I think she thought I was ready but I wasn't. It did frighten me but now sometimes i wish sne wpuld come again. I see energy type movement alot in my bedroom I'm not sure what it is.