Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 13-12-2012, 08:21 AM
JazzJazz

What is 'spirit'?

This might sound like a really basic or naive question but I genuinely do not know I hear lots of people talking about "spirit"...."Spirit says..." etc I once went to a reading and the lady who conducted it was walking about 'Spirit' too. Is it a specific being or part of something bigger?

I'm sorry about this question but thank you in advance!
Old 13-12-2012, 11:25 AM
MMM

'spirit' is a very ubiquitious term in our world - a word that is not well understood and one that has many meaning
historically, spiritualist philosophy differentiated between 'spirit' and 'soul', so overall it's a very over-used and under-understood word.
some people equate 'spirit' (lower case) with soul, while others equate 'spirit' as that divine essence within or a seperate part of our soul
Upper Case 'Spirit' can refer to the Spirit World or unknown 'spirits' in the Spirit World
When a medium is ticking along, they may not know the specific source of the information they receive, so they say 'Spirit is saying.....'

Having said this, 'spirit' is known to be different things to different people, so you are apt to get more and differing replies
Old 13-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Hey Jazz

Spirit are people who have passed over.when your earthly life ends your soul or spirit lives on.it is mediums who communicate with spirit.every medium is psychic but not all psychics are mediums, hope this clears it for you

Namaste
Old 13-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Toolite

Great question. For me The Spirit is God but can incl Angels if I say I was told or shown something. Spirit can be used to distinguish the difference of someone who crossed over and a soul who hasnt.
GTG
Old 13-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Guide
Jazz Jazz,
Spirit is the eternal part of your human form.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 13-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJazz
This might sound like a really basic or naive question but I genuinely do not know I hear lots of people talking about "spirit"...."Spirit says..." etc I once went to a reading and the lady who conducted it was walking about 'Spirit' too. Is it a specific being or part of something bigger?

I'm sorry about this question but thank you in advance!

Hi Jazzjazz, you ask a fundamental question, for everything Spiritual is a reflection of the Spirit who produces it. And though human interpretations predictably and naturally vary, they do not alter the `reality` of what Spirit actually is. The philosophies of esoteric mysticism, the beliefs of religions and the mediumship of sensitive`s, are an example of those variations, but in essence they agree with terms of reference being a `soul` and/or a `Spirit`.

From a human perspective of relation, what they are is incorporeal or uncarnate (without a body) states of existing being, as opposed to incarnate (in a Body) states. The `soul` is more associated with the evolution of the human Spiritual being. Whereas the `Spirit` itself is associated with the source condition of existing being, divine, eternal, and pure.

To understand the means by which existing `souls` or `Spirits` interact with human beings, requires a recognition that the conditions and nature of their existing being, is different from material nature. But since every human being is naturally interconnected through their own `soul` `Spirit` states, they may `harmonize` in more subtle `formless` conditions, more suitable to the nature of the `soul` or `Spirit`.

Though many define a soul or Spirit as being a `departed` human soul/Spirit, there are a numberless amount of Spirit, who never take the human journey, but still interact with those who do journey the material human experience.

So in essence I am a Spirit, who has a soul, who while a human being, still exists as a soul and Spirit. Though as I said, those aspects of my being exist within more `formless` conditions of existence. I began as a Spirit who journeyed into soul/ethereal/human experience, and will naturally return to that source Spirit, though I may become less aware of my Spirit, as I become contained within what state becomes my nature, human/ethereal/soul natures. The same as everyone else.
Hope that helps.
Old 14-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Administrator
Hello

It all comes down to what one feels is "Spirit" as a Medium to me Spirit is someone that is dead (but we never truly die) that has left the body and entered into what I would refer to as the Light or that other side that we travel to. To some that me Heaven or I guess even the counter to that. I do not hold that there is ever a darkness we enter in our passing.

Spirit too is one's Guide or Spirit Guide that can be human, animal or other dimentional forms of what I guess we would call life forms.

When I work with Spirit I am working not only with someone that has had a physical body that one has left but too I am at time working with the essence of energy that might be pressent in a grouping of beings. This would be more a vibration than a form.

If I am to be called to work with one that has not made that crossing and is in that state of being Earth Bound or as I would call them a Ghost, where that place of crossing has not yet been found. Then I would not say I be with Spirit but I be with the living dead ( no not Zombie) as I get that comment all the time. Its that energy that makes the person still more matter and physical in appearance than energy or vibrational Light. They feel at times still pressent.

So there are levels of the definition and a lot of times it might come down to what one's personal feelings or beleifs are.

Lynn
Old 14-12-2012, 07:58 AM
LadyImpreza1111

"Spirit" represents the energy.....the very essence that we are all made of. It is what connects us all. For most, it means soul. To me, they are no different than the living. I speak to them as if they are literally sitting in front of me and having a dialogue with me. The only difference I see is that the energy of the living is anchored to a living body, but the communication is the same for me. Communication with the living and the spiritual realm involve telepathy.
Old 22-12-2012, 05:52 AM
dennisoc

blah blah blah

Spirit is you.