Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't believe in Satan. I believe there are demons as numerous on this planet as there are light beings........duality and all that. We don't have one particular dark entity to worry about. There are billions.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank
Old 15-11-2014, 11:37 PM
rayxoxo

I belieive that terms such as the beast, satan, devil, etc seem very closely related to the ego in man. It is the cause of getting us into the state termed hell.

It also has the duty of protecting your form but can be a real trouble maker.
Old 17-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Knower
I believe it is only a metaphor, there is both good and evil but really only one reality.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Master
The devil is a symbol or metaphor for a collective consciousness of evil beings.

Like others have said. There are many "devil-like" entities both on this side of Life, and on the Other Side. Some more wicked and powerful than others.

But collectively, all negative energy can be see as a "unified being" called the devil or Satan

Christ called satan, "the Evil ONE", meaning all evil is "one" just as all good and light is One which we call God.

Just as the Higher forces have their positive Source "God", the Lower-forces have their negative source "the devil".

Unlike God and the Light, the devil only exists for spirits to have the opportunity to experience all things good, bad, and in-between.- whereas God or the Divine exists no matter what.

But we must be careful when labelling things. Even though those lower forces are consciously or unconsciously working alongside negative influences, we all have a bit of that within us. We are nearer or farther from it than others. Some of us have more Love and Light within us, and less darkness. Some of us have equally both, and some have mostly darkness and very little love and they work for the Dark.

The classic image of "Satan and his demons" is a metaphor for those who are further from the Light than us. But technically we all have a little bit of everything within us. It is not so dualistic as some many think; even if the bad-side does have it share of servants and workers.
Old 15-03-2015, 03:49 PM
anotherindigo

to the topic hell; You create reality, so I guess you can create a hell for yourself when you die. But the real hell where all 'bad dudes' come together.. No I don't think so, but who knows right
Old 15-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Everly

Satan (or the devil or demons or whatever) only exists for those who believe in such things. I don't. I've never had ugly or negative experiences in all my decades of metaphysical study and experience. I've also moved past duality, which I believe is the next step in personal and planetary evolution. The whole idea of good-bad, dark-light, etc. isn't something that even makes sense to me anymore.

Satan? If you need such things, feel free to hang on to the idea.
Old 15-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Master
@GMIRcrystal Taking dryad's post further there are 5 classes of jinn where the 3rd class is Shayṭān (Arabic: شيطان‎, plural: شياطين shayāṭīn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
There are many demons that use that name at times.

So if you believe in djinn then Satan (Azazel) is in the list where according to Wikipedia, he rebelled against YHWH for having to bow down to Adam.

Taking it further, a jinn from the Middle East is a elemental/giant (Raphah) from elsewhere. Jinns are the Rephaim or giants that once roamed the earth back in the days of ancient Greece and Europe.
Old 15-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIRcrystal
Do spiritual people believe in Satan?or is mainly only religious people who believe in this entity?

No, only the religious christian and islamic religionists do as that is a part of their religion. If you believe in Satan then you are, by default, a religionist.
Old 16-03-2015, 09:43 PM
1John513

If people would view the world and its condition without any preconceived ideas of their own, but view it as it would have been IF there was not a knowledge of good or evil in it, they could come up with their own concept of whether or not there is a Spirit of Good as well as that of the spirit of evil.
If it was all just good, where would the opposite of good come from?
That is if it was the nature of good in total control over it?

Evil was permitted in order for the followers of the good to truly come to understand and appreciate the meaning of the pro over con between the two natures they are able to distinguish around them in their lives.

Life comes from a Life Source who wanted to express or Introduce It's Nature to other living sources who could NOT come to the understanding of His Nature unless they experienced in their own life-walk, or existence the opposite of that original Nature of the Life Source.

But they, having gone through the discomforts of life, would have an understanding of the comforts of life, and thereby truly appreciate them.

He could NOT purposely bring forth a living being which was to have an evil nature in it to begin with, else He would NOT be considered as being just.
He therefore brought living being with an ability to choose, or decide for themselves, the desired path they wanted to take for themselves. (Free moral agents)

His ability to see beforehand the outcome of a life could create a living being with traits that would be used to either be for or against things that would be considered conflicts to it existence and would be desirous to make changes to fit its desires.

The position that Lucifer held caused pride to dominate him, and caused him to desire to take over the position that God held. His pride cause him to rebel against his Creator, and introduced the opposing nature that was in opposition to that of God.

Therefore evil did not come from God, but He created the one that took on that evil nature. (Isa.45:7)

To believe in a nonexistence of Satan would be to deny that there is any existence of evil in this world.
Old 17-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1John513
To believe in a nonexistence of Satan would be to deny that there is any existence of evil in this world.

Absolutely not. That's ridiculous on its face. The concept of Satan is a religious one. That people can do evil things does not indicate, much less prove, the existence of Satan. That's like saying there's some kind of Flu God who makes certain people get the flu. Those of us who have moved past the need for a Satan or devil or whatever, do not deny that there are horrible, evil things in the world. Beyond the metaphysical aspects of evolution, there is the simple fact that sometimes people just suck. There is the matter of personal responsibility. We make choices and some of us do evil things. (Moreover, even if you have the need to believe in Satan, correlation isn't the same as causation.)