Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2006, 08:12 AM
rose

now i'm embarrassed for sharing that other post *blush*. maybe you're right. maybe he's just your usual opportunist cat that likes many dinners each day.

no harm in thinking there may be more...makes life interesting at least :)

Last edited by rose : 28-09-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 29-09-2006, 12:38 AM
BLAIR2BE

its always good to question. there is so much that we dont know and there is so much we think we know, but will one day find that we were wrong. i persist that cats do have an awareness many other animals lack. there has been so much ado about cats, all throughout recorded history; i tend to think there is more.........

*speaking of this subject: have you seen "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy"??>
"thanks for all the fish" lol
Old 29-09-2006, 11:17 AM
rose

to add to my cat story...as my partner and i were walking up the stairs to our house after work today, a black and white cat who lives a few houses down, bounded up ahead of us and hung outside our door...as if this is a normal occurance and we feed him! i've never see him away from his own property before. never even said hello to him in passing yet.

i think the ginger cat has been talking to the other cats...
Old 29-09-2006, 12:00 PM
dreamer

Hi Rose, you asked about thoughts on the energy of cats. I had a nice thought (to me anyway) about the energy of cats, and seeing as you asked i will tell you it ho,ho.

My thought was that the enrgy of a cat, or at least the way of a cat is very similar to the energy of what we want - God. (cats were worshipped as Gods in Egypt, maybe this is why?) Cats love to be stroked but hate to be trapped, to entice a cat to sit on your lap you must first allow it time to trust you, you must let it come to you through warm encouragement and persistence in this warm encouragement, if you betray its trust it will remember and you will have to earn that trust again through warmth and persistance, you must demonstrate you are trustworthy and loving for a cat to share its company, one false move and it is off, not out of any malice, but just because it must take care of its own comfort. Given the chance and enough secure loving persistence a cat will want to be stroked all day long, although most cats never find this to the fullest extent. Substitute cats for God and i think it has integrity??

Rose you are lovely, I hope you realise how great your posts are and i genuinely sincerely mean that.
Old 29-09-2006, 12:40 PM
rose

thanks dreamer! i think you are lovely too. i love your sense of humour. it brightens my day when i read your posts. but you're sincere and kind as well.

hang rose! there's a thread for all that LOL

i like your thoughts on the energy of cats immensely! it makes sense to me. it's great to know there are people out there with a deep understanding of cats and respect for them.

i feel blessed when a cat graces me with their presence. they are a special animal.
Old 29-09-2006, 01:33 PM
dreamer

Definately, warm and comforting but elusive too.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:27 PM
feohgoddess

Hi Rose!

We have two cats that we rescued in our back yard when they were newborns. They are a year old now. We have a female and a male (neither are fixed) though I do believe in being a good parent to cats, and alot of people say to get them fixed, I haven't had a problem with my babies. My female doesn't go into heat, and our male never has sprayed. I was reluctant to getting them fixed because I have a feeling I shouldn't. If I didn't have such a strong feeling, I would get them neutered and spayed, but I just know I'm not supposed to. I know alot of people think this is irresponsible, but I know better then to tamper with my intuition.

They are so loyal. I hope you can adopt your little friend. He sounds like a sweetie pie!

I believe that cats are great healers. For instance, whenever I am going through a REALLY rough spot in my path, my cats always know and always come to me and comfort me.

When my 3 year old is in time out and is throwing a tantrum, they always go to her rescue (lol)

Though I love all animals, there is something about cats that draws me to them, and them to me. Everywhere we move we have new cat friends in our back yard. If you're an animal lover animals will pick up on this and lead themselves to you.

I know you said that you move alot, we moved too and our kitties have adapted. So maybe you can adopt him (hehehe)
Old 18-10-2006, 09:45 AM
rose

hi feohgoddess...it took me awhile to reply to your wonderful post *hug*

he belongs to our neighbors sadly...but he is a lovely neighbor himself.

but i think he's been chatting to the other local cats. a black and white cat followed me up the stairs to my door last night and i let him in. he was a very forward and familiar gentleman! he hung out awhile. i wonder if the last tenants fed these cats as well!

on my way walking to work, i met 3 cats who came up and said hello (obviously not a human "hello" to those who think i'm a bit mad :) ) and then on my way home tonight i met another who ran up to me.

maybe it's the universe telling me to settle down in one place and adopt a ....cat! they are everywhere!!!! and i am so happy :)
Old 18-10-2006, 10:16 AM
GoldChord

Hi,

I think the cats are planning to take over the world. They know too much and look at you like you're an idiot for not understanding what they do.

There is a place I go every week where there is a cat in residence. He's pretty cool - just checks everyone out and hangs out. But he only approaches and sits on the laps of specific individuals. These seem to be people of placid and calm energy - in touch with bigger things. He avoids everyone else unless they offer to play with the ball of twine - no cat can resist such attractions.

So Rose, I think your neighborhood cats are sensing your implicit coolness and hanging out with the calm energy you evoke.

Just watch carefully for any signs of plotting...

Take care.
Old 18-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Light Mage

*sigh*

These last couple of weeks I've been thinking about how much I really miss the two cats we used to have when I lived with my mum. When I moved out they had to be re-homed as my mum wasn't able to care for them by herself. When I think of them and remember how sweet they were my heart feels both heavy and light at the same time. I worry about how they're doing and if they're still okay...

But enough of the sad-yet-happy memories.

I found these, they cheer me up: http://kittenwar.com/kittens/winners/ & http://kittenwar.com/view.php?list=winners&offset=10

Last edited by Light Mage : 18-10-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Closed Thread