Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
IMO what a poor future it will be if the current trend of poor parenting (ie not teaching kids basic good manners/ respect for others and their property etc, etc etc) and the spoilt brat mentality is allowed to continue!! rant over, sorry.

by the way i know there are many excellent parents out there but they are far out numbered by the other type in my opinion
oh, daisy...I soooooooo agree! The kind of 'parents' that we have these days is frightening!!

When I worked for the military...in child care....I saw such a lack of good parenting skills...and recognized it as such...even when I was just 19. The older I got the more disgusted I became with so many parents. Back then I thought it had so much to do with working with Army brats, but that's not it at all. It's parents in general! When we moved back to the U.S. I saw that it's just as bad in the civilian sector and when I went back to work in child care last year, it just confirmed what I was seeing in public. Now I work in a Montessori school...and the parents there have much more money than the ones I'm used to dealing with, but the kids who have JUST started in the montessori classroom are just as bad if not worse than others. The ones who've been in this program for the longest really are the best behaved ones...with much more respect for each other and the world around them. I feel there's such a need to change the way the majority raises their kids!!!

oh...lol...now I'm on my soapbox. Sorry *blush* But I feel very strongly about this subject and want to find something that will help us help our children BE the future that we NEED them to be!

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 08-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Deactivated Account
you get on your soap box any time you want, well said mother goose xxx
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM
dreamer

Yeh, give us more soapbox MG - it's good. Montessori schools are brilliant from what i've heard, are they expensive? we're thinking about sending our boys to one, would you recommend them?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Deactivated Account
what is one exactly, apologies for my density 'blush'
Old 08-11-2006, 05:02 PM
cweiters

good observation MG

I'm so glad you mentioned that the rich kids are just as bad too MG. This actually confirms my belief that modern day parents feel money can replace discipline, WRONG Answer!

Raising a child on a path of spiritual awarness and development requires WORK. This type of selfless service is rare Daisy I agree, sad but even parents are consumed with their own selfish desires. When they finally see the benifits of selfless service the child is 18 or older. May I add its never to late to right a wrong, or correct our mistakes.

I do believe it takes a villiage to raise a child, but I should know who's in the villiage for the sake of my child.

Love to all..
cw

Last edited by cweiters : 08-11-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Master
Daisy, don't feel bad. I'd heard of Montessori...but never knew what exactly it was all about. Here's a link for anyone who wants to know more about montessori! http://www.montessori.edu/

It's an amazing program...when taught correctly...kids start reading three letter words at age 3 ...and adding into the 100's at age 4. You have to get them in as early as possible to have the best possible impact on them.

Dreamer, if you're really interested in putting your boys in one...I'd say check out the ones in your area. They're hard to find where I live. But if you have a choice between different ones....do check them out!

But be warned...they can be very expensive. The one where I work isn't HORRIBLY expensive...she wanted it afforable enough for this rather rural area.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Master
oh..and cw...the money thing! wow...it just annoys me to no end that parents shower their kids with money ...when they should be showering them with love, understanding and guidance!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 01:23 AM
BLAIR2BE

INDEED!!! ok, if parents are wealthy and want only the best for there children, fine; but what buisness does a 16 year old child have driving a $40,000 car, wearing $200 sneakers (alot of this where i live) when there are hungry children in damn near every community on earth??!! now, i would never donate to international charities, as SO VERY LITTLE of donated money actually reach the destination (ever consider the over head costs of: infomercials, orginization, transportation, phone operators, electric and phone bills, drivers, permits, fees, ect. ect. ect.??), but local cherities seem much more affective. hmph!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Master
Blair seems this thread is touching a lot of nerves around here But I totally agree...local charities are my preference as well.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:41 AM
BLAIR2BE

well, i didnt mean to come across quite so strong( ). but it is maddening that of all the wealth in the world (wealth being electronic money that has never existed, will never exist) there are millions of hungry and sick. it is insane.
anyway, back on track, children are indeed the future; what we teach them, how they learn to live, what values instilled, are up to us. now that is huge responsibility, that many do ignore. there is a huge difference in: feeding, clothing, giving shelter to children and actually raising or parenting children. though this difference is lost to many "parents" (notice the quotes). wow, i dont know where this energy for this topic has come from. well, i suppose i do really
Closed Thread