Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-01-2020, 10:08 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I started out by reading J. Krishnamurti. I think Krishnamurti knew what I talked about and Krishnamurti's teachings lead me to where I am at now. Krishnamurti told us not to think in terms of bad or good for us to bypass our intellectual ego's conditioning so we will find the truth ourselves. I am sure Krishnamurti told us not to think in terms of bad or good because I am sure Krishnamurti knew that all the bad and negative are illusions and good is only real/the truth. suppressing the negative is ignoring the negative. I do not ignore the negative, I prevent the negative from happening in the first place.

Sir i am really sorry to say then maybe either of us has not understood krishnamurti at all.

The Source of good and bad is the same. It is the movement of thought which creates pleasures, pain, suffering , joy e.t.c every thought, the source is the same.

If you seek pleasure, you'll seek fear invariably. Infact he said pleasure and fear are the sides of the same coin. If you seek love, youll seek fear of losing and anxiety invariably. That is what he said dont SEEK ANYTHING. Just observe the movement of thought.

If you beleieve good thiughts are good then you must also believe bad thoughts are bad. Then you supress it and train your ego-mind to supress or eliminate them.
Sir, please look at from the thought comes. WHAT IS IT. before trying to eliminate/supress.

Sir i am 100 percent sure that the thing krishnamurti is trying to put forward is completely different from what you understood.

He said not to think good and bad JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK HE KNEW THAT GOOD ARE POSITIVE .

Sir dont contemplate on what he knew. Follow what he said.

He said not to focus on good and bad because it dosent mean anything. In identifying as good and bad, you dont see the root of it.
Old 25-01-2020, 10:11 AM
Knower

You started out by reading krishnamurti.
I would suggest you to read or listen to him again. Because it makes a difference because maybe know youll understand it better.

Just listen 1 hour audio on youtube. Just type krishnamurti on fear. See some 1 hour lecture and try to do what he says. Follow what he says.
Old 25-01-2020, 10:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.kishan
To express yourself as creator WE have to do stuff ?

Or do we have to get out of the way for the creator to express itself through you ?

Do we need to express ourselves as creator ? Why ? Or will creator express himself .

Do you think creator needs the balancing of mind ? :p or ego mind. To express itself .
Doing stuff depends on the individual.

Yes, you train your ego to get out of our creator's way. as i said before, you train your ego-mind to be balanced with intuition while using logic, reason and common sense. doing so will have you see through all of your and the worlds conditioning.

You do not need to express yourself as creator, but why would you choose not to and remain conditioned?

Yes, see above.
Old 25-01-2020, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Doing stuff depends on the individual.

Yes, you train your ego to get out of our creator's way. as i said before, you train your ego-mind to be balanced with intuition while using logic, reason and common sense. doing so will have you see through all of your and the worlds conditioning.

You do not need to express yourself as creator, but why would you choose not to and remain conditioned?

Yes, see above.
When you express yourself without a conditioned ego-mind, you are expressing our creator, therefore you have more freedom without a conditioned ego-mind then you do with a conditioned ego-mind.
Old 26-01-2020, 03:32 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Don't forget this part of my post.

Unless I have something going on that does require thinking I can honestly say my mind is, for all practical purposes, quiet. I'm 'resting in awareness', much like when I practice that meditation technique.

Something else I notice or experience, if you will. I can also be in a state where mere wisps or ghosts of fragmentary thoughts arise and subside almost as fast as they arise. They have no impact on what I'm doing or how I identify which is seemingly coming from the space of awareness. So they are not distracting or directing, just another form passing through the field of awareness, much like a cloud in the sky passes.

It's only because of meditation practice that I notice the ghostly wisps of thought, else they would fly right under the radar. Actually that's not exactly true. It is, but at the same time it isn't. If I didn't have a substantial investment of time in meditation practice they would gather more 'energy', become more substantial, trigger additional thoughts and be directive and/or lead to reaction, but I'd never notice them at their 'birth'. This has to be the result of the practice carrying over into everyday life outside of practice. After all meditation isn't the practice, but the resulting state of mind. Practice enough and it becomes second-nature, so to speak.

I can definitely relate to the snippet about Godman. I can't look into his exact experience but if accurate I'm not quite there but not too far off, at least some of the time. I might have been there for several weeks after my awakening/realization experience, but that's somewhat subsided in intensity.

Experiences, in my experience, mean little. Yes mind blowing memory, intense silence, seen past something, so many have been there.
Yes it’s an encouraging signpost but to equate that with the realization and sanctification of the holy men and women is probably quite the assumption. Imo, the holy life involves not just these little things but more importantly, wisdom, compassion, service; there are many far important inner truths in the journey, and with due respect, ignorance gets us all.

Imo, what you speak of is just the beginning of practice, sounds like you might need a teacher.

Jl:
Old 26-01-2020, 03:36 AM
janielee

Quote:
Sir i am really sorry to say then maybe either of us has not understood krishnamurti at all.

The Source of good and bad is the same. It is the movement of thought which creates pleasures, pain, suffering , joy e.t.c every thought, the source is the same.

If you seek pleasure, you'll seek fear invariably. Infact he said pleasure and fear are the sides of the same coin. If you seek love, youll seek fear of losing and anxiety invariably. That is what he said dont SEEK ANYTHING. Just observe the movement of thought.

If you beleieve good thiughts are good then you must also believe bad thoughts are bad. Then you supress it and train your ego-mind to supress or eliminate them.
Sir, please look at from the thought comes. WHAT IS IT. before trying to eliminate/supress.

Sir i am 100 percent sure that the thing krishnamurti is trying to put forward is completely different from what you understood.

He said not to think good and bad JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK HE KNEW THAT GOOD ARE POSITIVE .

He said not to focus on good and bad because it dosent mean anything. In identifying as good and bad, you dont see the root of it.

It appears that Krishnamurti as well intended as he was, created a class of people who think thinking the thoughts equates to freedom, liberation, transcendence or spirituality

Jl
Old 26-01-2020, 03:38 AM
janielee

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of the truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to help him organize it."

Attributed to Krishnamurti
Old 27-01-2020, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:

You are over thinking things. Like Krishnamurti said, the moment you come to an intellectual conclusion, your learning stops. You can only learn that yourself, by knowing yourself by looking deep inside yourself, I nor anyone are not able to teach you. But, I will tell you this truth, when you take away all the bad and negative, you take away duality and only the good and positive remain
Krishnamurti taught you not to think good or bad or positive or negative for you to start somewhere and that is the best place for you to start. After you do what he says to do for a while, you will or should realize that the problem is the negative duality conditioning and you should start connecting to your intuition more and more. Just go through the learning process
Old 29-01-2020, 01:29 AM
Knower

Quote:
You are over thinking things. Like Krishnamurti said, the moment you come to an intellectual conclusion, your learning stops. You can only learn that yourself, by knowing yourself by looking deep inside yourself, I nor anyone are not able to teach you. But, I will tell you this truth, when you take away all the bad and negative, you take away duality and only the good and positive remain
Krishnamurti taught you not to think good or bad or positive or negative for you to start somewhere and that is the best place for you to start. After you do what he says to do for a while, you will or should realize that the problem is the negative duality conditioning and you should start connecting to your intuition more and more. Just go through the learning process

Sir i am not assuming stuff. Ill quote J. Krishnamurti

"Now, is the thinker different from his thoughts? If thought ceases, is there the thinker? Can the quality be removed from the thinker? When the qualities of the thinker are removed, is there the thinker, the 'I'? So, thoughts themselves are the thinker, they are not separate. The thinker has separated himself from his thoughts in order to safeguard himself; he can then always modify his thoughts according to circumstances, and yet remain aloof as the thinker. The moment he begin to modify the thinker, the thinker ceases. So, it is one of the tricks of the mind to separate the thinker from the thoughts, and then to be concerned about the thoughts, how to change them, how to modify them, how to transform them - all of which is a deception, an illusion. Because, the thinker is not if thought is not, and mere modification of thoughts does not do away with the thinker. That is one of the clever ways the thinker has of protecting himself, of giving himself permanency; whereas thoughts are impermanent. So, the self is perpetuated; but the self is not permanent, whether the higher self or the lower self. Both are still within the field of memory, within the field of time."

So your higher self. Which keeps the positive and rejects the negative js still a thought! I hope it clarifies.

The thinker of the positive thought is nothing but a Higher EGO Self.

And what krishnamurti could have meant ! Do you know ? Please. You dont know what they could have meant. Just stick to what he is saying before drawing conclusions based on your preference.

He clearly writes that modifying your thoughts is an illusion.
Old 29-01-2020, 06:29 AM
janielee

Quote:

Intellectual..

2. Only the good and positive remain - that sounds very dual. This is more like a LOA practice than spiritual tradition.

No disrespect intended,

Jl