Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-05-2013, 02:14 PM
SerpentQueen

Wake Up

Perhaps twin flames are simply a call to Wake Up, but we confuse the message with the messenger?

Discuss.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:34 PM
twincities

Well, this is where I am at, as described in my recent "Clarity" post. I wouldn't say that this is a universal truth, but it certainly appears to be so for me.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Perhaps twin flames are simply a call to Wake Up, but we confuse the message with the messenger?

Discuss.

Yes I could not agree more. I believe thats what mine was.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Suchapisces

My situation has always seemed backward to me. I got the message loud and clear from the beginning. Wow, did I Wake Up!

Understanding was and is a continuous process. It took several weeks before it finally hit me...uh-oh...I'm in love with the messenger.

I believe over time all of this will merge together, if that makes sense. Seems to me that's where my twin and I are headed.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:21 PM
stephanie79

I agree in terms of this relationship with mine has been a massive shift into sorting out some problems in my life, but mine was already half way there through his 'problems' and we met on a romantic sense and still care deeply about each other, we talk about EVERYTHING and we support each other, work with each other and respect each other.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:18 PM
DulcePoetica

The problem with this theory for me is that the more I "wake up," the more aware I become that he and I are the same on the inside and that we are gravitating toward each other more and more strongly over time. In order to ignore that knowing, I would need to self-medicate in an attempt to reverse my awakening.

To me he is both: the messenger and a big part of the message. I have said it many times before that I believe these experiences are an invitation to awaken. And I do believe (in our case at least) that while we are each intelligent and capable people who have grown tremendously through this process so far; what we will accomplish together will be exponentially magnified. I don't generally spend my time speculating about our possible future together, but I won't deny that there is a future which feels inevitable. That feeling of inevitability is also part of the message my messenger has brought me. It is my belief that from an awareness point of view, it would be irresponsible for me to ignore it.

It has been tempting to believe that I could free myself from him (and the longing and desires and confusion and drama) by changing my focus to "my own self" and forgetting about him. Re-categorizing him as just a man from whom I learned much. But all my countless attempts only brought us closer together, and I now know better.

I have only ever found the freedom I am looking for by letting go of the desire to escape.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I have only ever found the freedom I am looking for by letting go of th desire to escape.

Yes. I believe this is true. Even though I have known for several years that this is a spiritual "thing" happening to both of us, part of me has still tried to fit it into one of the boxes of this world. It doesn't fit. Never will. So then I try to worm my way out of it...that only makes it worse.

We are so similar, so much one, even though we are separate, it feels as though when one of us breathes out, the other breathes in. I'm beginning to belief this is just a microcosm of what it feels like when we all connect. And if the truth is, as mystics say and I believe somewhere deep inside, that we are all one, then this beautiful taste makes me yearn for the whole banquet.

Bring it on!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Ascender
Old news......
Old 09-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKEST_HOUR
Old news......

Ah, yes, as old as the illusion of time, I imagine. But as I am an embodied human complete with an ego, I haven't completely let go of the desire to figure it all out.

But I'm working on it.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:34 PM
AutumnL

I watched a video on heart catalyst which has the same heart chakra opening but very different in context. Tfs are very mutual and has more telepathic qualities. I swear I always thought I fell in love way to easily lol but anyways labels are labels, tfs stand the test of time.