Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 31-01-2024, 02:47 PM
Suspended
Master
Having as few partners as possible reduces the chance of catching diseases.
Old 01-02-2024, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
I suppose this is why I never married. Maybe I will some day, but does anyone else think there are currently flaws with marriage like the problems I stated?
No I don't think marriage itself is flawed. It's people that make it difficult, and people that think the grass is greener on the other side with another person. Like you say you just want fun, and you no longer experience it after a while so you look elsewhere for the next dopamine hit. Others just accept things, for the kids, or because they love their partner anyway, and understand there is much to gain by sticking to it. I guess our modern attitudes towards marriage et al. is why all developed civilizations today could be gone within a century. The broader cultural experiment we've been on since the 1960s is suicidal and brings low birth rate, decline of social support, and alienation. Who in their right mind can say our society has a meaningful future any more after 60 odd years of rebellion? Eventually it's just going to be replaced again by a conservative culture. The era we are in isn't ''progressive'' as in some kind of ''promotion'' or ''evolutionary transformation'', it's an anomaly that will simply be corrected again.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Human marriage is a way we culturally legalize an attempt at Monogamy.

it is around primarily because we wanted to get other people's agreement that our own life choices are valid, if you ask me....