Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-04-2016, 02:32 AM
Experiencer
The Cosmic Drama

I have just had another profound experience that I want to share with you all, but the only way I can think of sharing it is through analogy. Please tell me what you think.

Life is but a play. What you experience as the world around you is what the actors are doing on stage, how the story progresses. And the mood or atmosphere of the experience is determined by what music is being played by the orchestra. And God, God is the audience, and it simply watches the play and enjoys it as entertainment.

The story of the play and the actors portraying it are the world around you, and the music is the mind inside you, your thoughts and emotions, your ego. Whether you are experiencing joy or sadness in the present is due to the music that is playing, that is accompanying the plot of life. And God is what experiences both the ego and the outside world. God is pure, nonjudgmental awareness, and it experiences both the outside world and the ego. God is your true self.

You see, so many people believe that the ego is what experiences the outside world. But no, your thoughts and emotions are experienced, just the same as music heard or a movie watched. Who is it that hears your thoughts? Who is it that listens to the chorus of your emotions? That is God, who you really are.

The universe manifests (and is manifesting) spontaneously and perfectly within you, through you, and becomes all that is around you. You really are the center of the universe, of all that is.

There is nothing but the present moment, and it is endless. There are two ways to be truly happy in the present moment. One is to be content right where you are. If that is not possible for you, the other option is to change things till you are where you decide you may be content. In either case, so long as you constantly desire more you will not realize true peace.

The universe also repeats self-similarly at scales, in an infinite fractal expansion of infinitely complex geometry. We are living planets, comprised of cells just as Earth is comprised of organisms. A human dead of cancer (cells growing out of control) is as a living planet dead from the rampant progression of life (human expansion, pollution, progression). A human killed by a bullet is as a living planet destroyed by an asteroid.

A human is an individual comprised of cells, just as Earth is an individual comprised of us, just as a galaxy is an individual comprised of planets and stars. And the 'universe' is an individual comprised of galaxies. And just as there are other humans, and there are other planets, and there are other galaxies, there are most certainly other universes, filled with untold possibilities. What can be experienced in life? Better to ask "what can't?"

We are one within God as all planets and galaxies are one within the universe. And we are also God as one, as all that exists outside of us arises from within us. No matter what happens, no matter how bleak the world may seem, take solace in the knowledge that you are safe in God, and try your best to enjoy the experience. After all, what fun is a play without drama?

Last edited by WabiSabi : 06-04-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:03 AM
Suspended

OK, you are experiencing great things but let me challenge you a bit.

If life is a play and God and my higher self are watching it, there are a few problems.

One, I know myself I know I don't like experiencing life so why would I agree to put myself in this situation just to watch myself? I know I have had previous lives but I know myself, after doing this once I would never do it again...unless there is a payoff and it certainly isn't being God.

Two, if God is just watching us for entertainment can we gang up on him and force him to do this as many times as we do this? It's only fair and if he isn't fair then maybe being an actor a few times will make him fair.

Another issue is what is the value in being God? I know myself, I have no desire to be God. I wouldn't do this life thing if I were a God and I wouldn't do it to become a God.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme1981
OK, you are experiencing great things but let me challenge you a bit.

If life is a play and God and my higher self are watching it, there are a few problems.

One, I know myself I know I don't like experiencing life so why would I agree to put myself in this situation just to watch myself? I know I have had previous lives but I know myself, after doing this once I would never do it again...unless there is a payoff and it certainly isn't being God.

Two, if God is just watching us for entertainment can we gang up on him and force him to do this as many times as we do this? It's only fair and if he isn't fair then maybe being an actor a few times will make him fair.

Another issue is what is the value in being God? I know myself, I have no desire to be God. I wouldn't do this life thing if I were a God and I wouldn't do it to become a God.

I personally don't know about any conscious agreement to be here. I don't think that we decided to be here, any more than the Himalayas decided to be created through the collision of India and China. Everything that is, is simply a part of the perfect progression of the universe, the fractal expansion of the cosmos. Watching the flow of the universe is like watching the unfolding mysteries of the Mandelbrot set. Though of course, the fractal geometry of the universe is far greater in complexity than any human generated fractal geometry. Whether you like to be here or not, whether you want to be here or not, here you are.

As for why you are here, it is simply to experience. You are here to be who you are in this moment. That is your purpose. Why are you alive? To live. Why do you exist? To exist. Why do you experience? To experience. The notion that there is some great, grand cosmic purpose to existence is, to me, silly, as any notion of such a purpose implies an end. And I have realized there is no end. The universe, and in turn God, is infinitely expanding within itself. It expands from itself, into itself. And we, as an individual perspective, are right smack dab in the middle of this infinite expansion.

Also, God is not a thinking existence, at least not as it exists separate from us. The only thoughts that God has are the thoughts that we have. God is not some big guy in the sky that places us on the board like game pieces. God is the pure awareness that experiences every experience in the universe, that views from every perspective. I say "my body, my thoughts, my emotions." But who is the "I" that has ownership over these things? That "I" is the awareness that exists within us, and that "I" is God. God does not view us from above, but plays us from within.

And there really is no value in being God. Realizing you are everything is really no different from realizing you are nothing. It's all a matter of perspective. You say that you don't desire to be a God, but such desire is naught but the music being played to set the mood for this particular scenario being presented on stage, a computer screen and words to be read. And God is there, residing behind those thoughts of yours, watching it all unfold, enjoying the present moment.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:14 AM
Master
an interesting read, but i think it's not a parable.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 AM
Deactivated Account

haha Nice read

The question always for me, regardless of the many insights I had and felt over the years was :) "so what"

What does this mean for this living life, for helping people, and true love?

Insight without compassion is nothing better than a Hollywood script too for it is in only in service that we can forge the truth of our identities.

Anything else is child's play imo.

Namaste.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
an interesting read, but i think it's not a parable.

Ahaha, yes you are right. I used the wrong word there. Thank you for noticing that.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:22 AM
Deactivated Account

“You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket.

The friend said to the devil, “What did that man pick up?” “He picked up a piece of Truth,” said the devil.

“That is a very bad business for you, then,” said his friend.

“Oh, not at all,” the devil replied, “I am going to let him organize it."

- Krishnamurti

Namaste.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:35 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
haha Nice read

The question always for me, regardless of the many insights I had and felt over the years was :) "so what"

What does this mean for this living life, for helping people, and true love?

Insight without compassion is nothing better than a Hollywood script too for it is in only in service that we can forge the truth of our identities.

Anything else is child's play imo.

Namaste.

I agree, and I often tell myself the same thing. To be honest, I don't really know why I share these thoughts. Maybe it is to create a record of sorts, so that the insights won't be lost along with me; so that they may carry on. Not that anyone will 'find' them and decide they are important. I suppose it is something I do for myself. But I also write all this down in a journal. I want these words to exist there, so that if I do die early for whatever reason, my family will know that I believed there was more to reality than this world that so many view as doomed.

As for service, I try my best to help those around me who are in need. However, I am not ready to completely give up my own selfish desires yet, to live a life completely devoted to others. I quite enjoy being right where I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
“You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket.

The friend said to the devil, “What did that man pick up?” “He picked up a piece of Truth,” said the devil.

“That is a very bad business for you, then,” said his friend.

“Oh, not at all,” the devil replied, “I am going to let him organize it."

- Krishnamurti

Namaste.

Thank you for sharing that. It strikes a bit too close to home to be honest. I still have much to learn.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Your path is yours to follow.
Blessings.

Namaste.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 06-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
I have just had another profound experience that I want to share with you all, but the only way I can think of sharing it is through analogy. Please tell me what you think.

Life is but a play. What you experience as the world around you is what the actors are doing on stage, how the story progresses. And the mood or atmosphere of the experience is determined by what music is being played by the orchestra. And God, God is the audience, and it simply watches the play and enjoys it as entertainment.

The story of the play and the actors portraying it are the world around you, and the music is the mind inside you, your thoughts and emotions, your ego. Whether you are experiencing joy or sadness in the present is due to the music that is playing, that is accompanying the plot of life. And God is what experiences both the ego and the outside world. God is pure, nonjudgmental awareness, and it experiences both the outside world and the ego. God is your true self.

You see, so many people believe that the ego is what experiences the outside world. But no, your thoughts and emotions are experienced, just the same as music heard or a movie watched. Who is it that hears your thoughts? Who is it that listens to the chorus of your emotions? That is God, who you really are.

The universe manifests (and is manifesting) spontaneously and perfectly within you, through you, and becomes all that is around you. You really are the center of the universe, of all that is.

There is nothing but the present moment, and it is endless. There are two ways to be truly happy in the present moment. One is to be content right where you are. If that is not possible for you, the other option is to change things till you are where you decide you may be content. In either case, so long as you constantly desire more you will not realize true peace.

The universe also repeats self-similarly at scales, in an infinite fractal expansion of infinitely complex geometry. We are living planets, comprised of cells just as Earth is comprised of organisms. A human dead of cancer (cells growing out of control) is as a living planet dead from the rampant progression of life (human expansion, pollution, progression). A human killed by a bullet is as a living planet destroyed by an asteroid.

A human is an individual comprised of cells, just as Earth is an individual comprised of us, just as a galaxy is an individual comprised of planets and stars. And the 'universe' is an individual comprised of galaxies. And just as there are other humans, and there are other planets, and there are other galaxies, there are most certainly other universes, filled with untold possibilities. What can be experienced in life? Better to ask "what can't?"

We are one within God as all planets and galaxies are one within the universe. And we are also God as one, as all that exists outside of us arises from within us. No matter what happens, no matter how bleak the world may seem, take solace in the knowledge that you are safe in God, and try your best to enjoy the experience. After all, what fun is a play without drama?

Thanks WabiSabi, I'll always treasure these words. Beautifully put. For me 'God' decided at some time (so to speak) to experience everything that there can be. That's why 'he' is everywhere, at all times but only in the 'now' which is eternal - that is out of time. We live in this now, this fleeting ever-present moment between past and future.
I'm also sure that we live in a universe of octaves, that the things we call dimensions or spiritual planes are really octaves in which we, depending upon our inner being, have awareness. In this octave in which we all are together we can move up or down (not quite but near enough) and occasionally move into another octave and have a flash of inspiration or understanding or vision.
Let's hope there'll be a lot more input. I'll be back on this too. Fascinating how well you have described it.