Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 13-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Ascender

Was George Lucas onto something with The Force??

Specifically The Force..The light and dark sides too

IF I was to believe in something like God then this non anthromorphic concept seems to hold the most credence, even the most supported by science in the studies of dark matters, energies, fields and reality creating consciousness'

Was he ahead of his time?
Old 15-12-2015, 03:47 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

IF I was to believe in something like God then this non anthromorphic concept seems to hold the most credence, even the most supported by science in the studies of dark matters, energies, fields and reality creating consciousness'

Nope, he's just playing an old religious game. Egos against egos, who wins and who loses? The good guys and the bad guys all go to war, while one side smiles a lot and the other side frowns. what's the difference other than wardrobe?
Old 25-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Newbie ;)

The idea that there is energy that flows through all living things has been around since ancient times. Depending on what you believe it also leads to other spiritual abilities like precognition, remote viewing, telepathy, telekinesis, communication with spirits, and many more. He was merely explaining the concept of chi in a different word. In Latin, the word vīs has a few definitions. One is force or power and another is violence. Another Latin word, animus, can mean mind, soul, spirit, life force, and will. In Japanese and Chinese chi and ki mean both spirit and breath because it was believed that the spirit flows through the body by means of breath.

George Lucas was not ahead of his time. He made a movie based off of the spiritual concept which this site is based around.
Old 25-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Experiencer

Everyone says Star Wars hit it big with audiences because of the special effects and story. I agree that it's a pretty good story, but having rewatched the originals for the first time in several years recently, I gotta say the first movie is just really cool, not the best movie I've ever seen by any stretch.

Personally, I think the real reason Star Wars is so popular is because of the Force teaching. For me and many I know, it's the first exposure to any concept like it. It's magical. It's not like Disney magical or wizards magical. It actually makes you think it's real. THAT, I think, is the real magic behind it and the reason the movies hit it so big.

I think they focus a lot on telekinesis and other things because it's flashy, but in real life most people can't do any of that outside of moving pencils around on the table or moving tin foil. The real power is mostly internal and a little bit psychic.

I just watched Ep 7 and it made me shed a couple tears seeing how they portrayed the Force because this time I knew that all that was possible in real life.

It's been said that Han is probably unwittingly using the Force because he has such a luck streak. He gets into the craziest pickles and then miraculously makes it out every time. That's not normal. I think in everyday life that's how spirituality works for the average person. Positive LOA in action. It makes you appear lucky because things just work out in inexplicable ways.

But as was mentioned, Lucas didn't invent the idea. He borrowed it from eastern religion.

In fact, some time when I feel like it I'm going to make a thread highlighting some tricky things that Lucas may have been saying throughout the films. Very interesting junk.
Old 25-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

~ or as ^v =sine-wave

^v = electric force = one half of a photon{ bosonic force }

v^ - magnetic force = one half of a photon{ bosonic force }

These two sine-waves above co-functionally operate at 90 degrees to each other as the one intergral photon.

The photon and a few other forces, weak force and gluons{ strong sub-nuclear } are their own anti-particle because there charges balance.

In geometry the tetrahedron is the only polyhedron that is its own dual.

Gravity{ contractive/attractive } and dark energy{ repulsive/expansive } give the appearence of being diametrically opposing forces, even if they are just shapes of spacetime.

To be clear, neither gravity nor dark energy have ever been quantized i.e. directly observed.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 26-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

Absolutely. The Force exists and is the consciousness what we all are, and what everything is. Whatever we choose to do with it, is our choice, much like in Star Wars.

Star Wars is a beautiful way of telling what reality is, and how we deal with it.
The main theme of Star Wars is about the Force, and that is exactly what we are and experiencing in our daily lives.
Old 27-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperiencingTheJourney
Star Wars is a beautiful way of telling what reality is, and how we deal with it.
The main theme of Star Wars is about the Force, and that is exactly what we are and experiencing in our daily lives.
So why not use 'I Dream of Genie' or 'Bewitched' as a model? These were both feminine based, domestic, and with ready access to the force, but included a much greater focus on the ramifications involved by using such things. If done today the special effects would be more believable. While 'Star Wars' is about war, (humanities greatest failure) the "force" is a "weapon" used by both loving and hateful people, in an almost equal way, and has nothing to do specifically with spirituality. It's like they discovered electricity for the first time, with everything that followed seeming to come about as though there is magic involved. The force, in this case, is a purely physical occurrence, acting on matter in relation to matter.

Spirituality is considerably different. Our current physical focus is bound to the confines of what's been physically observed since birth. Leave your body and you will see that there are no such physical distinctions. That we are not "separate" people, fully distinct from each other, as we appear to be while entwined within a physical body. As 'consciousness' we overlap each other. The idea of 'killing' another is absurd beyond consideration, because we'd simply be trying to kill an energetic aspect of our own selves.

The movie is popular because it appeals to the primal genetic recordings that come with our species. Fright and flight, body related survival, our need for love and affection in both individualized and group formatting, the use of 'tools' in order to augment survival, and loads of the resulting dopamine release that goes with physical excitement. Take the war out of the movie, (a mass amounts of kill or be killed) and it would simply collapse. The "force" in this case is being used "against" each other, how is this even remotely effective as a reasonable introduction to spirituality?
Old 27-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Man and woman complementary forces. At optimum they are at 90 degrees to each other.

At least optimum that are nearly on the same wave-linear plane spinning around common axis in opposite directions ergo collison/smashing is likely most likely to occur.

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
~ or as ^v =sine-wave
^v = electric force = one half of a photon{ bosonic force }
v^ - magnetic force = one half of a photon{ bosonic force }
These two sine-waves above co-functionally operate at 90 degrees to each other as the one intergral photon.
The photon and a few other forces, weak force and gluons{ strong sub-nuclear } are their own anti-particle because there charges balance.
In geometry the tetrahedron is the only polyhedron that is its own dual.
Gravity{ contractive/attractive } and dark energy{ repulsive/expansive } give the appearence of being diametrically opposing forces, even if they are just shapes of spacetime.
To be clear, neither gravity nor dark energy have ever been quantized i.e. directly observed.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 27-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
So why not use 'I Dream of Genie' or 'Bewitched' as a model? These were both feminine based, domestic, and with ready access to the force, but included a much greater focus on the ramifications involved by using such things. If done today the special effects would be more believable. While 'Star Wars' is about war, (humanities greatest failure) the "force" is a "weapon" used by both loving and hateful people, in an almost equal way, and has nothing to do specifically with spirituality. It's like they discovered electricity for the first time, with everything that followed seeming to come about as though there is magic involved. The force, in this case, is a purely physical occurrence, acting on matter in relation to matter.

Spirituality is considerably different. Our current physical focus is bound to the confines of what's been physically observed since birth. Leave your body and you will see that there are no such physical distinctions. That we are not "separate" people, fully distinct from each other, as we appear to be while entwined within a physical body. As 'consciousness' we overlap each other. The idea of 'killing' another is absurd beyond consideration, because we'd simply be trying to kill an energetic aspect of our own selves.

The movie is popular because it appeals to the primal genetic recordings that come with our species. Fright and flight, body related survival, our need for love and affection in both individualized and group formatting, the use of 'tools' in order to augment survival, and loads of the resulting dopamine release that goes with physical excitement. Take the war out of the movie, (a mass amounts of kill or be killed) and it would simply collapse. The "force" in this case is being used "against" each other, how is this even remotely effective as a reasonable introduction to spirituality?

Disagree entirely with your post. Pay attention to what Yoda and the Emperor says about the Force. They both describe the duality of existence by using the Force, which is neutral.

George Lucas clearly said, and even in one of his most recent interviews, that Star Wars is part spirituality.
Old 28-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperiencingTheJourney
Disagree entirely with your post. Pay attention to what Yoda and the Emperor says about the Force. They both describe the duality of existence by using the Force, which is neutral.

George Lucas clearly said, and even in one of his most recent interviews, that Star Wars is part spirituality.
Well of course you'd disagree. The simplistic spirituality in star wars is appealing on an egocentric basis that suggests high-end excitement awaits those who venture forth in such a way. Actually, Star wars was heavily influenced by the book "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" written in 1949 by Joseph Campbell (George Lucas readily admits to this) . It was an archetypal story that Campbell referred to as "monomyth" ( you can read more about monomyth here: The Hero's Journey - Mythic Structure of Joseph Campbell's Monomyth http://www.movieoutline.com/articles...-monomyth.html )

Cambell's story centers around a single individual, someone from a lessor background of which an audience can identify with. The hero is the single-most focus in the world of the story, and everyone, including the hero, is aware of this. A win is only a win if the hero is responsible, and a tragedy is only such if it affects the hero directly. Supporting characters heavily support the hero (cheer or weep) in ways that they don't for other people. The death of someone not close to the hero is treated much differently than the death of someone close to them.

Joseph Campbell himself describes his thinking as such:
"A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: the hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his fellow man. "

So you've been drawn-in by a choreographed plot-line. It was structured in such a way that appeals to any individuals desire to be seen as a hero. To be loved by many based on some magical accomplishment in the midst of some threatening encounter.

Now compare this with a Zen quote from Shunryu Suzuki:

“I discovered that it is necessary, absolutely necessary, to believe in nothing. That is, we have to believe in something which has no form and no color--something which exists before all forms and colors appear... No matter what god or doctrine you believe in, if you become attached to it, your belief will be based more or less on a self-centered idea.”
― Shunryu Suzuki

It would be hard to sell action figures and product placements from the angle that Suzuki suggests. :)