Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Master

Hellfire requires hell. karma does not require hell.
Old 27-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I think the Eastern equivalent to hellfire it Karma.

good point....thinking about the idea of re-incarnation seems to hold some fear element too else you'll come back as a battery chicken. but not as immediate as karma suupposedly is. not that i think that current actions don't affect the future because obviously they can, but past can be the past, it doesn't have to affect your future for the worse, hopefully (ergo "wrong" i/we have done)

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 27-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
good point....thinking about the idea of re-incarnation seems to hold some fear element too else you'll come back as a battery chicken. but not as immediate as karma suupposedly is. not that i think that current actions don't affect the future because obviously they can, but past can be the past, it doesn't have to affect your future for the worse, hopefully (ergo "wrong" i/we have done)

Or is it the western interpretation of eastern philosophies, which create misunderstandings and with it fear?
Old 28-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Or is it the western interpretation of eastern philosophies, which create misunderstandings and with it fear?

im a great fan of eastern "philosophies". its actually where i got the notion from that karma is not as its generally understood, though this maybe wrong too. that is the notion that we are not bound by karma. actions do have self fulfilling consequencies, but, at anytime, we can turn and walk out of the cul de sac by self understanding only. no outward actions towards others are necessary. cause and affect are not separate in this view- affect resides in cause and vice versa.

i was under the impression that bad actions require good deeds to wipe them out? if so then i disagree. the only action is self understanding. any outward deeds are just an attempt to reconcile affects.

the only good deed to another is to understand yourself.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 06-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Lady Diana

I have the opinion that we can and in some cases we must feel and work through things after this body were living in now dies. Unless we are at a soul growth where we are ready to go directly into the light and go directly to God. Being an old soul like I feel I am, I still feel I am not quit ready to move into the light but I feel Im close.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:52 AM
jerrygg38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
We are obviously in this 3d physical reality to experience this existence. We are also here to resolve issues with people from our past lives, if need be.

Is it possible to experience, and resolve in the afterlife ? Surely, this physical reality is not the only way to allow for experiences and to resolve "issues" with people from our past ?

In death all that remains of us is our eternal soul. The problems of our lives remain within our souls and the souls of those we have encountered. In general the souls have encountered each other upon millions of other Earths for all eternity in the past and will repeat the same for all eternity into the future. Thus any problems you have are only one little piece of the big picture.