Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-08-2016, 05:24 AM
Seeker

The bible tells a different story.

Just want to see what others think about this?

"The Bible refers to the spirits of the dead as “familiar spirits,” as in intimate association, personal, or one well acquainted (see, Leviticus 19:31, Deuteronomy 18:11; 2 Kings 21:6; Isaiah 8:19, etc.) and warns against having anything to do with them"

"It's in the Bible, Leviticus 19:31 NIV. "Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them."
Old 19-08-2016, 07:21 AM
Suspended
The Bible is just one of many beliefs.
Old 19-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Lorelyen

Moses was a great politician. He knew how to get obedience to the priesthood.

Old 19-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Master
The message was intended for those people at the time when they needed to trust in Moses' God as their God. Moses himself appeared to Jesus with Elijah and they were spirits. And now people call on Jesus and he is a spirit.
Old 19-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Master
Conjecture...

One might pose the question: 'Is or are, all aspects of religion or spiritual consideration' - little more that conjecture???

It does cross my mind now and again, that such might be the case.... But I seem to stick with my Spiritual aspirations, understandings or acquired knowledge... Such serves its purpose...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 19-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeithbaker

"The Bible refers to the spirits of the dead as “familiar spirits,” as in intimate association, personal, or one well acquainted (see, Leviticus 19:31, Deuteronomy 18:11; 2 Kings 21:6; Isaiah 8:19, etc.) and warns against having anything to do with them"

"It's in the Bible, Leviticus 19:31 NIV. "Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them."
Hi shakeithbaker,

Not a big deal, controversy, or for that matter a 'different story', since the same cautions are found in virtually every tradition - iow - it's not exclusive to Abrahamic/Judeo-Christian.

~ J

Old 19-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Master
The original translations which are found in the KJB actually condemned anyone who invoked spirits not necessarily people who had spirit communication. You might as well say Jesus should have been condemned because he always dead people and demons around him and coming at him.

Besides isn't the Old Testament the same book that says it is ok to cut off your neighbor's hand if he robs from you, you should kill your children if they talk back to you, two homosexual men (not women) should be put to death, sex slaves were legal as long as you were married, underage sex wasn't deemed immoral by ancient societies, and the OT enforces war and violence.

Christians are suppose to be reading the NT for a reason
Old 19-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

My thought has always been that there is a difference between "familiar spirits" and spirits who are in a place that would allow for them to help you along your way. Realizing final truths is a process and there is a difference between being dead and knowing truth. For me with out looking up those bible verse and in only responding to what you have written I would say that spirits that are familiar or well acquainted ones are ones that see no more or not much more of the truth than we do; they are in a sense closely related to our personal frequency but unlike us some of them may assume they know some ultimate truth that we do not simply because they are dead and they assume that's the end of the journey - false profits in a sense.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 20-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
The original translations which are found in the KJB actually condemned anyone who invoked spirits not necessarily people who had spirit communication. You might as well say Jesus should have been condemned because he always dead people and demons around him and coming at him.

Besides isn't the Old Testament the same book that says it is ok to cut off your neighbor's hand if he robs from you, you should kill your children if they talk back to you, two homosexual men (not women) should be put to death, sex slaves were legal as long as you were married, underage sex wasn't deemed immoral by ancient societies, and the OT enforces war and violence.

Christians are suppose to be reading the NT for a reason
you are so right Amilius777. The Old Testament says all that and more. It also says they killed a man for working on a Sunday. To painful for me to read
Old 20-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Guide

Quote:

It also says "Do not believe the leaders of the Church , who demand to be seated in places of honor , wearing flowing robes"